Wrestling Forum banner

So Did Anything Ultimately Good Come Out of NXT?

2969 Views 40 Replies 41 Participants Last post by  Samford_Says
A year ago, WWE started a bold new show called NXT. Personally, the concept just didn't work for me, and I never could get into the show. I found myself wanting more reality like Tough Enough.

After this week's RAW, we pretty much saw the last of the NXT'rs be shipped back to FCW. The show ended on a pathetic note as a webcast with the finale not even advertised on RAW. Did anyone care? The crazy thing is they are going to do a season 5. What a waste.

We did get Barrett and Nexus, but in less than a year, creative has practically buried these potentially great storyline makers. Ultimately, I think the show is/was WWE's biggest failure since XFL.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,262 Posts

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,070 Posts
not really.

the actual superstars themselves don't really count, especially since none of them are much behind fodder at this point (even Barrett is a jobber). we could have gotten them anyway, we didn't need NXT. the stories are what count, and all NXT did was give us a failed Nexus tale, and a winner who is now released and an entirely forgotten about NXT 2, and as for the rest of them, well, they didn't even try after that.

so no, nothing good really came from NXT, outside of like the first two-week period of Nexus.

· Premium Member
347 Posts
Wade Barrett
Nexus storyline
Daniel Bryan
Heel Michael Cole
CM Punk's commentary on NXT season 3(funniest show i've ever seen)

NXT was a success in my opinion, anyway you didn't have to watch if you didn't like it.

· Banned
426 Posts
A year ago, WWE started a bold new show called NXT. Personally, the concept just didn't work for me, and I never could get into the show. I found myself wanting more reality like Tough Enough.

After this week's RAW, we pretty much saw the last of the NXT'rs be shipped back to FCW. The show ended on a pathetic note as a webcast with the finale not even advertised on RAW. Did anyone care? The crazy thing is they are going to do a season 5. What a waste.

We did get Barrett and Nexus, but in less than a year, creative has practically buried these potentially great storyline makers. Ultimately, I think the show is/was WWE's biggest failure since XFL.
Maybe in your country, but here in Canada it's still on t.v. every week.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
Sure, lots of good stuff happened on NXT. It's a show giving developmental guys experience in front of a WWE crowd. That alone serves a purpose. They use NXT as an experimental show, we got CM Punk on commentary, Cole refining his heel character, etc.

Not to mention PERCY WATSON.

OH YEAH BABY

· #EMMAtained
5,839 Posts
Most of the positives have already been said, so I won't re-hash what has been said already, I'll talk about what hasn't been mentioned yet.

I think AJ and Naomi are going to be pretty big when they finally get called back up to the main roster. AJ already has people loving her after NXT, and she can wrestle. But when they call her back up, they could totally do a 360 and instead of having her portray the Nerd that everyone loves, they can have her use her arrogant heel FCW persona and build her up as a crafty heel who gets over by cheating out the popular diva's. As for Naomi, they can bring her up now too, she would be the most athletically gifted diva on the roster right away, they just need to develop a character for her.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.