Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why does he suddenly disappear? He doesn't even have Superstars match anymore and i'm sure he's not injured either. The guy has a lot of potential imo, one of my favorites during NXT, i like the way The Miz described him, he said that he sees something in Young, but Young hasn't shown it yet. Young also did a fine job when he was in Nexus. He's an overall decent talent, i just wish they give him more screentime whether it's on Raw or Superstars and give him character to develop to get that something out of him, or maybe just like some suggestions here, pair him with Percy Watson to form a tag team. But i'd personally love to see CM Punk mentoring him again, he could benefit greatly from that and he could serve as Punk's apprentice to be his subtitute in some matches while Punk is on injury, it will still keep Punk relevant while also helping the fans to get familiar with Young. I doubt it will happen though.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
He's the missing link bitch. His gimmick is to make random appearances for no reason.
Lol...but WWE dropped the ball with that storyline. Heck, i'd rather see him filling R-Truth's role at the moment even though probably it won't make any sense...lol. He should have played a role in Nexus angle imo, whatever that is, he still hasn't avenged on Barrett, WWE should have done a follow-up on that.

He didn't get over. At all.
Ehh...all he did after getting kicked out from Nexus was making a random appearance on that botchfest episode of Raw and doing two Superstars matches against Regal and Primo, how the hell would you expect him to get over with that limited screentime he got? WWE should be patient with all their superstars, not everyone can get over in one night.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I noticed that Darren Young is not showing up anymore on the Superstars. Maybe he's already "released", don't you think?
Hmm perhaps, but i hope not, i'm kinda worried about that actually, but if they want to release him they would have done it at the time those 6 superstars were released, right?

·
Banned
354 Posts
I'm pretty sure everyone liked Darren Young as soon as he was unfairly chucked out of Nexus. No one even noticed him before. He looks ridiculous, though when he was brought back that one time my opinion was changed, I thought he done a good job with the distraction, was ok on the mic and had a good prescence as a face. Though, WWE killed him by not continueing that, however, I'm glad. I'd hate to see Darren Young involved in this angle. I'd much prefer an Anti-Nexus with Sheffield as the leader, and so many people will agree.

·
Registered
67 Posts
And tarver?
I'm not really sure about Michael Tarver and Skip Sheffield if they can still go back together with the Nexus.

Wade Barrett says, "I'm ordering you to go back in our Nexus roster. And if you don't, you're done. Both of you are now against us!"

:evil:

·
8,232 Posts
If he's not future endeavoured by the end of the year, I will be surprised.
Not a chance. He shows WAY too much untapped potential. The guy has the look, the in ring skills, and the charisma.

They're going to keep him around on Superstars while he polishes his skills, and while they think of something to do with him. You never know where they could branch off with the NeXus angle, they could have Otunga be kicked out soon and lead a NeXus group with Skip, Tarver, Young, and maybe even Danielson in the future. Basically, the guys sticking around.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
If he's not future endeavoured by the end of the year, I will be surprised.
I agree with this, though I sincerely hope that it doesn't happen. I thought the signs looked bad for him as soon as he was kicked out of Nexus, and nothing has happened since then to increase my hopes for him.

He wasn't given much of a chance, but WWE can be pretty ruthless.

·
Premium Member
13,861 Posts
WWE don't have any plans for him. Simple as that. They obviously see potential in him though, as he wasn't released with the 6 people that were released a few days ago.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I'm sure he's just had the old "Sorry Darren, creative just doesn't have anything for you right now. Don't call us, we'll call you"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts