Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let's say hyopthetically Daniel Bryan won RR and went on to win at Mania. The most appealing thing about him is that he's small, full of heart, and is an underdog. We root for him to overcome all that. So when he does, and is now champ, and no longer an underdog, what else is there? Can he have a long, successful title reign? What would keep him appealing? And would WWE want their champ to still base his whole title reign on still being an underdog trying to hold on to his title? Not saying I know how it'd go, Just something I was thinking about. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
So let's say hyopthetically Daniel Bryan won RR and went on to win at Mania. The most appealing thing about him is that he's small, full of heart, and is an underdog. We root for him to overcome all that. So when he does, and is now champ, and no longer an underdog, what else is there? Can he have a long, successful title reign? What would keep him appealing? And would WWE want their champ to still base his whole title reign on still being an underdog trying to hold on to his title? Not saying I know how it'd go, Just something I was thinking about. Any ideas?
Keep the title on him for two to three months then have someone like Russev win the title from him and CRUSH HIM, AND I DO MEAN CRUSH HIM!!!!!!! Gaining heat on Russev, but Regins was the right man for the job, glad he won.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
Lose the title at MITB or Summerslam to Rollins/Ziggler/Bray/Ambrose.
Wrestlemania XIV-Triple H's first reign saw the rise of wrestlers capturing titles for the first time (save Mania XV and Undertaker's reign). We need a period where we get first time champs crowned. No more Cena/Sheamus/Orton.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
In a perfect world? He would have matches with CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Bray Wyatt, Damien Sandow, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and some of the great NXT talent that is bound to come up in 2015.

What fans would appeal to is the great fucking matches they would be gifted by arguably the best talent on the roster.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
We haven't even seen Bryan as a champion, we saw it for 2 or 3 weeks.

He was still looking like the underdog to Kane and when your so over as a babyface no matter who you face your gonna be cheered.

Any heelish traits shown towards Bryan could be seen as him going against the odds, the whole "underdog" tag would get repetitive but the way I see is there are so many amazing feuds ahead if he ever became champion again.

Too bad I don't think he will. fpalm

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He could still be an underdog with the title. WWE still tries to book Cena as an underdog and he's a 15 time champion.
Exactly. So you he'd go from a guy we all want to see succeed, to a guy we can't stand the sight of, and not Bc he's a super heel, but Bc we're tired of the same old sh*t. The strong, confident champion ala Brock works. The undersized, underdog champion is tougher to believe, and to STAY behind Bc there's seemingly only one way his run can go.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
54,650 Posts
Exactly. So you he'd go from a guy we all want to see succeed, to a guy we can't stand the sight of, and not Bc he's a super heel, but Bc we're tired of the same old sh*t. The strong, confident champion ala Brock works. The undersized, underdog champion is tougher to believe, and to STAY behind Bc there's seemingly only one way his run can go.
Why would he go to someone we can't stand the sight of as soon as he wins the title? People got tired of Cena because he's been in the same position and same character for a decade. Bryan, even if he won the title, wouldn't be anywhere close to being anywhere near Cena levels of stale, unless we were to fast forward nearly a decade later and he was still the top guy and still had the same character as when he won the title. Both of those situations would be far, far off. You can't compare someone winning the title immediately to someone who's currently in Cena's position.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why would he go to someone we can't stand the sight of as soon as he wins the title? People got tired of Cena because he's been in the same position and same character for a decade. Bryan, even if he won the title, wouldn't be anywhere close to being anywhere near Cena levels of stale, unless we were to fast forward nearly a decade later and he was still the top guy and still had the same character as when he won the title. Both of those situations would be far, far off. You can't compare someone winning the title immediately to someone who's currently in Cena's position.
Ehh I personally don't know man. I just can only see his title reign eventually going the same way. It'll be a string of matches where he's consistantly over matched, and beat down for 90% of his match until he finds a way to dig down, have a couple of hot spots at the end, and pull it out. Just sounds all too familiar

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
Constantly defend the title in high class matches.

Reactions: The Lion Tamer

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
He'd be put in a program with Kane/Big Show and this forum would complain just like they always do.
Of course we would complain. I'm sure most would complain about Kane & Big Show being in the title picture at this stage of their careers, whether you like Bryan or like Roman

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Here's a novel idea:

Perform wrestling matches with other wrestlers on a wrestling show owned by "World Wrestling Entertainment".
I guess I'm overthinking things though.
Yeah but does he wrestle a garbage man or a cop or a construction worker or an Indian or a Navy vet or something? What non wrestler gimmick tries to beat him. We can't just let him wrestle a wrestler with a wrestler' s gimmick. :vince

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Of course we would complain. I'm sure most would complain about Kane & Big Show being in the title picture at this stage of their careers, whether you like Bryan or like Roman
Even Roman Golden Goose Reigns probably complained when he was told Big Show and Kane was who he was going to beat to win the Rumble.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
He'd be put in a program with Kane/Big Show and this forum would complain just like they always do.
Yea fucking oath we would.

I'll tell you why. Why would they put Bryan in title matches against 45+ year old hasbeens when he could be putting on classic matches and feuds against Rollins, Ambrose, Wyatt, Ziggler, Rusev the list goes on.

Reactions: Jaivl

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
this is the dumbest "anti-Daniel Bryan" post i see all of the time.... I can say this about every wrestler on the roster. You make some interesting, compelling storylines, and you have him fight all of the other guys on the roster

1 - 20 of 124 Posts