Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's weird considering they have teased this feud on recent uk house shows but it didn't make it on tv last night, Bryan was involved in 10-man tag team main event instead. I guess WWE were afraid to see Bryan gets outpopped by Regal since it's in England so maybe they will probably start a program next week. Or, maybe does this mean Bryan would not put his US Title on the line at SS and joining Team ??? instead?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,081 Posts
I guess WWE were afraid to see Bryan gets outpopped by Regal since it's in England so maybe they will probably start a program next week.
That's my theory. And you know, it's smart. They want to nurture Bryan's relationship with the audience and having him be outpopped and outcheered against Regal, in England or not, would probably not be good.

I honestly doubt we're going to get a real Regal/Bryan feud over the US Championship. It just seems too good to be true. But we could get a series of matches between them in the near future, and I'd be satisfied with that.

No clue what Bryan will be doing at Survivor Series, if anything.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
As TV always follow house shows, right? lol
If two guys start facing each other at a bunch of house shows, it's often for them to fine tune a match that they'll be looking to do on PPV.

Danielson was clearly being lined up with Punk (which would have been awesome :() and now he needs something - KOTR presents this opportunity with Regal his mentor (and the last crowned KOTR).

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As TV always follow house shows, right? lol
Nah, not always, but it would make the most sense because Bryan doesn't have any challenger right now and Regal is currently free from any feud and they have strong history together in the past and they have wrestled plenty of times in recent house shows so based on those indications i'd expect they will have feud on tv unless WWE will decide to put Bryan in someone's team at SS. Though i'd prefer the former scenario because their possibly student vs teacher storyline and their matches will definitely make a great tv.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
That's my theory. And you know, it's smart. They want to nurture Bryan's relationship with the audience and having him be outpopped and outcheered against Regal, in England or not, would probably not be good.

I honestly doubt we're going to get a real Regal/Bryan feud over the US Championship. It just seems too good to be true. But we could get a series of matches between them in the near future, and I'd be satisfied with that.

No clue what Bryan will be doing at Survivor Series, if anything.
I think a Regal/Bryan could've been a very good idea in England if done right. Think about it, there's got to be a lot of respect between Regal and Bryan, they start the match by shaking hands and end it with Regal raising Bryan's arm regardless if Bryan won or not. This in my opinion would win over a lot of fans in England.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Give me Bryan V Punk over Regal any day!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Regal just signed a contract extension and Bryan doesn't appear to be going anywhere any time soon... there's plenty of time for this feud, the CM Punk feud, and others to take place over the next year or so.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
I think it's weird considering they have teased this feud on recent uk house shows but it didn't make it on tv last night, Bryan was involved in 10-man tag team main event instead. I guess WWE were afraid to see Bryan gets outpopped by Regal since it's in England so maybe they will probably start a program next week. Or, maybe does this mean Bryan would not put his US Title on the line at SS and joining Team ??? instead?
After Survivor Series then?
Hopefully...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Honestly I hope he does face SOMEONE for the title at Survivor Series. I'm tired of titles being accessories that never get defended at PPVs. I bet they start the Regal feud after this PPV.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Regal just signed a contract extension and Bryan doesn't appear to be going anywhere any time soon... there's plenty of time for this feud, the CM Punk feud, and others to take place over the next year or so.
Plus Regal hasn't done anything of note lately and needs to pick up a few wins before being put in the US title scene; his last win was against Darren Young on Superstars a few weeks ago, prior to that it was feuding with Christian over the ECW title and he didn't come out of that looking strong at all. I would say that he needs at least a month of build-up before he can be seen as a credible challenger.

This is my idea from the last thread about these two

I like the basic premise. I actually came up with a similar scenario but in mine, Regal didn't get a spot in this year's KOTR (his win was 2 years ago and he hasn't done a great deal recently). I thought that could be a catalyst for a feud with Bryan should he win it.

To expand on my original idea, I'd have Regal talk about why he wasn't in the tournament the week before. In this segment (which would be backstage with Josh Matthews, not in the ring) he would sound disappointed but magnanimous and wish all the guys the best of luck. He would go on to say that he would be providing guest commentary alongside Cole and Lawler next week and, as the current holder, he would have the honour of crowning the winner.

On the 3 hour special Regal joins Cole and Lawler at the desk and plays it fairly neutral, puts over the good things and talks up the winners. During Bryan's matches Regal seems to put him over as well but, if you really pay attention, you notice that he doesn't say anything good about him whatsoever, he actually critisises Cole when he starts ranting (for this I feel he would need to be unscripted). This would all culminate with a Bryan win in the final and Regal would present him with the crown, giving no hint of his future intentions.

Mentor and pupil would form a loose alliance, one possible way would be to have Riley earn a Raw contract against Regal, allowing Alex to team with Miz which makes this alliance necessary. At some point, a few months down the line, Regal turns on Bryan, sparking a US title feud going into Wrestlemania 27.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts