Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seem to recall a lot of posters telling us all Bryan was done because Jey pinned him clean.

Most of us level headed fans said "No, it's just a story thing and Bryan is still Bryan"

But so many of you cried doom and gloom, how do you feel now?

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,123 Posts
Doesn't mean anything because apparently that one loss to Jey Uso forever buried and forever ruined Bryan and he'll never ever be credible against anyone ever again. Guys remember Daniel Bryan is now just a comedy jobber forever because he lost a match to Jey Uso a few weeks back, this doesn't change that. [/generic Indy smark comment]

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Hahaha.

What kind of stupid logic is this?

Imagine Russo going up to McMahon and saying "Vince, we've booked D-von Dudley to beat Stone Cold clean but, before you ko me, we also plan to give Austin his win back in a few weeks"

Wrestling fans stupidity never cease to amaze me.

·
Premium Member
11,790 Posts
He still looks weak af and no threat to Roman at all. That ending was terrible booking.

Bryan was angry and determined in the promo before the match he should have beat the living shit out of Uso, that's the impression you get from the interview with Kayla, not a weak roll-up win after Jey kicked the shit out of Bryan with 3 kicks to the head almost KOing him.

Bryan has no balls. He should have at least attacked Jey still after and showed fire. The promo he cut earlier meant noting.

·
Registered
66 Posts
He still looks weak af and no threat to Roman at all. That ending was terrible booking.

Bryan was angry and determined in the promo before the match he should have beat the living shit out of Uso, that's the impression you get from the interview with Kayla, not a weak roll-up win after Jey kicked the shit out of Bryan with 3 kicks to the head almost KOing him.

Bryan has no balls. He should have at least attacked Jey still after and showed fire. The promo he cut earlier meant noting.
This af

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,123 Posts
Everyone who acts like Bryan is done and has zero credibility would mark the hell out if on SmackDown this week Bryan enters into a Title feud with Roman. The loss did nothing to hurt Bryan. Jey Uso's the one who looks like shit now having been boomed so well and now eating losses to Scottish Roman, Bryan and Team Raw in short order.

I'd love to see Bryan booked like The Miz is booked just so the over the top Bryan marks can get a taste of what it actually is when you're guy is buried and has zero credibility anymore. I mean if you're going to act like Bryan is a comedy jobber now then go all out with it WWE just for the lulz.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Seem to recall a lot of posters telling us all Bryan was done because Jey pinned him clean.

Most of us level headed fans said "No, it's just a story thing and Bryan is still Bryan"

But so many of you cried doom and gloom, how do you feel now?
Bryan was always going to get his win back, the original match was simply to build Jey as a more serious single competitor while his brothers out to help legit him being with Reigns.

I feel like his win is settin up for his 50th loss to a world champion at the next ppv
Most likely, there is no way Reigns is dropping that title any time soon after going over McIntyre, I see him holding it to Mania with McIntyre taking it from him.

Bryan/Reigns will likely be the feud for the next PPV or even until the Rumble before the start the Mania build.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
He barely beat romans henchman with a roll up, am I supposed to see him as a credible threat to roman now?

·
Registered
11,905 Posts
Bryan is still one of the most over and likeable workers they have, but he just doesn't feel "special," which is sad, because this run should feel like miracle on ice.

I hate the snap reaction people have to someone feeling stale as "turn them heel!" Bryan should be such a babyface. But the more I think about it the more I'd honestly like to see him as a heel in Roman Reigns' ranks. His technical wrestling advisor or something. They could make great heels against The Usos. Bryan could get the IC Title and do his best with that. I get the appeal in heel Reigns vs. face Bryan, I really do, but I dunno -- if they can't hit the high points of drama in that, maybe heel Bryan aligned with Reigns & Heyman would be the best possible thing for SmackDown?

Have the Reigns/Bryan stuff culminate at Royal Rumble. That feels like a pretty big match for that show. Bryan loses to Reigns and Jey Uso wins the Rumble (yes, I'm serious -- strike while the iron is hot for the guy and get him into that main event position and create an actual star -- two in Jimmy Uso by proxy). Heyman & Reigns do a Triple H/Ric Flair/Batista-style "you should go to Raw and challenge for the WWE Title, because you know that you can't beat Roman" deal. Jey Uso kicks Reigns in the face and puts him through a table with a splash, cuts the fired up promos about how it's all or nothing for him at WrestleMania. For the first time, family clashes in the main event for WWE's top prize.

In the build-up, Bryan has a segment with Roman Reigns where he looks to be firing up on him and wanting another shot at the belt, but he changes direction and says he can admit when the belt is in the best hands possible. Roman Reigns is The Man, Roman Reigns is The Guy, Roman Reigns is The A+ Player. Bryan knows the pressures of being champion, and he knows a true chief when he sees one. Jey Uso is being an insolent little runt trying to stick something in the machine that pays all their cheques and makes them rich. Bryan challenges Jey Uso to a singles match at No Way Out (well, Elimination Chamber or Fastlane, I guess). Jey Uso wins in a 40-minute match to really put him over with that hardcore audience that wants to see him go. Bryan whinges in the coming weeks and they have another match at whatever the other PPV they jam in there is, and Jey Uso wins that rather decisively. Jey Uso is just getting better and better.

Bryan can wrestle either Jimmy Uso or a face Seth Rollins at WrestleMania. If he works Rollins, put Rollins over, because as a face he'll need it. If it's Uso, I'd actually go with Bryan winning because then people will speculate on the brother vs. brother turn, which you don't do, but it plants seeds and is more interesting than both Usos steamrolling the heels.

Reigns & Bryan can get a SmackDown Tag Title reign in there and help work with the Street Profits. The Usos can win the tag belts off them, even with Jey as Universal Champion. At some point you can get back to regularly scheduled tag teams, but for the moment I think that would put some emphasis on the belts. Also, if Reigns wins the SmackDown Tag Titles, he becomes the first-ever Grand Slam Champion of the modern era (WWE, Universal, IC, US, Raw Tag, SD Tag).

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
The main criticisms wasn't that Bryan was done. It was that it was a waste to use a clean Bryan loss to prop up Jey Uso as a challenger to Roman. That would be like using a HBK clean loss on a television show to make someone like Luke Gallows look credible for a filler championship match against say Cena in the mid 2000's.

HBK can survive the loss. He can get his win back. But it would still be a stupid booking decision.

·
Registered
11,905 Posts
Why is everyone so down on Jey Uso? The guy has been protected really well and I am down with him being the one to get the big push and prove he does belong at the top.

That being said, Bryan is way too benevolent. He would mean so much more if he didn’t lose to everyone with potential.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts