Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope moderators will allow this to exist as a separate thread because this is a big topic on it's own. The new 24 documentary makes it clear that Edge was misled on his diagnosis about never getting cleared to wrestle again. I'm shocked at how quickly 24 glazes over this and just moves on in the documentary. I'm guessing they didn't want to make their doctors look bad but wow, what a fuck up. Edge could've returned after his 2012 neck surgery and he had no idea until 2019. Dude lost years of his career because of his misinformation.

·
Premium Member
10,151 Posts
It's fine. That Rumble moment alone was worth it all.

Edge is my all time favorite but he was getting kind of stale in 2010, returned as a face and failed, turned heel, then turned face again, he was getting more and more popular before getting injured, but he wasn't the same performer he was. The time off now he was able to heal both physically and mentally, he did TV shows, spent time with his family and now he's back.

But yeah, all things considered, Edge could have been back earlier it seems.

·
Premium Member
11,979 Posts
OP, aren't you the same guy who posted a thread the other day shitting on Edge for returning?

Are you that desperate for attention in your life that you post a new topic every other day or have you had a change of heart?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I never had the impression Edge planned to go on for that much longer, anyway. There was talk of him retiring within a year or two before he got his diagnosis.

Due to the fuck up with the doctors, Edge never got to finish the career the way he wanted. This is probably a massive factor in his part-time return. He seems to enjoy the acting as well and he's good at that as well.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Does no one understand how medicine works? In no way was he misled. He had to retire due to the condition of his neck before the fusion. He got the first surgery but still had pain. He said the pain went away after the second surgery.

So maybe he could have come back after that. But thats on him, no doctor is just going to re-evaluate his neck for wrestling unless he asks them!

·
Wrestling is better while drinking
1,904 Posts
It probably took a couple of years at least after the second surgery to fully heal, plus it looks like he started working out like a madman. He is in fantastic shape right now. He probably could have returned earlier, but watching the documentary he just seems to be really savoring this comeback and enjoying every minute of it. His time to wrap up his career on his terms.I am really happy for him and hope he enjoys the ride and gives us some great moments.He doesn't seem bitter about it at all.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Dude lost years of his career because of his misinformation.
And gained a precious time with his mom and his wife, then went on to become a dad while being an eleven time world champion and a millionaire.

Your thread is extremely dumb.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OP, aren't you the same guy who posted a thread the other day shitting on Edge for returning?

Are you that desperate for attention in your life that you post a new topic every other day or have you had a change of heart?
I was a fan of Edge back in the day. It's just NOW that I don't want him back. I don't want to see any 46 year old on my screen. Too fucking old and not okay at all to take a top spot away from the younger guys.

·
Banned
839 Posts
Edge is boring as fuck anyway. Nobody wanted to see another 9 world title reigns for this overrated idiot, any more than we wanted to see John Cheena or Randy Orton as WWE champ again.

I'm glad he was retired and he should stay retired and not come back.Nobody cares about Edge in 2020.

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
I was a huge Edge fan, but by 2010/2011 you can just tell he wasn't the same and he was in a lot of pain.

Could he have come back in 2013 after his neck surgery in 2012, maybe. But I think it was best for him and his body to heal up. Maybe it didn't need to be 9 years, maybe it could have been five, but with each passing year his neck was better. Taking years and years of bumps takes it toll not just on the neck, but the back, elbows and all of your joints. HBK took almost 4 and a half years off and came back to be better than he was before, I doubt Edge will be better than he was at 46, but I think he'll be better than the Edge that retired in 2011.

·
Registered
608 Posts
It worked out for the best. Had he continued wrestling fulltime who knows how f'ed up his body would be by now. Instead he found another career outside of wrestling,had kids and got to return to one of the best moments in the past decade. Things worked out for the best.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,645 Posts
Edge is boring as fuck anyway. Nobody wanted to see another 9 world title reigns for this overrated idiot, any more than we wanted to see John Cheena or Randy Orton as WWE champ again.

I'm glad he was retired and he should stay retired and not come back.Nobody cares about Edge in 2020.
Quite a lot care about Edge otherwise he wouldn't have received a grand ovation two nights in a row like he did.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
He had surgeries. Plural. The doctors told him that if he continued wrestling he would likely die or be unable to walk and be normal.

8 years later after surgeries and rehab he can now wrestle. Do you know why he retired?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I never had the impression Edge planned to go on for that much longer, anyway. There was talk of him retiring within a year or two before he got his diagnosis.

Due to the fuck up with the doctors, Edge never got to finish the career the way he wanted. This is probably a massive factor in his part-time return. He seems to enjoy the acting as well and he's good at that as well.
Exactly, I remember reading about him wanting to retire in 2012.

·
Banned
2,102 Posts
It sucks as a fan because I have always loved Edge (E&C is my favorite tag team of all time along with Demolition) but it's not a bad deal for Adam Copeland. He got to create a family, spend lots of time with them, endeavor on things like acting roles and get time to really relax and recharge. For all we know this time away could have been the best thing to happen since it forced him out of the whirlwind wrestling schedule and have him pursue other interests or goals.

I am glad he's back though because I always thought a career like Edge's deserves a much better send off. It always sucks when one of your favorites gets fucked over by injury like Bret Hart. I appreciate him coming back for one last hurrah.

If only there is some way we can see Christian get the same treatment. I want one last Conchairto. Not a one man, the original two man variant. Preferably on Jeff Hardy for old times sake.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts