Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know people don't like Roman Reigns and blah blah blah...but don't you think it's a little awkward to have the crowd cheering the guy who broke Taker's streak just a year ago?

It will be weird when in a future someone watches a WM anthology and sees this radical reaction from WM30 to WM31.

I remember how some people said the guy who broke the streak would be hated for life. Who would have thought this would happen?

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
They can.

And they will.

·
Registered
14,805 Posts
So much for that guaranteed fountain of heel heat huh.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Either Lesnar wins or Roman wins by Heyman turning on Lesnar and having Reigns go heel. Anything else would be a dud.
Actually that's not my point. What I find funny is it seems the hate for Reigns is so insane that people preffer to cheer for the guy who broke Taker's streak.

Honestly this proves the fans are very short of memory...and that long term storylines can't make sense anymore.

Taker's streak ment nothing to the fans after all. That's what we are going to witness at WM31.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I totally agree that it's awkward, because we really should be cheering the one man who is badass enough to take on Brock Lesnar and defeat him, but it's just a testament to how much Vince McMahon (and HHH) failed to capitalize on such a huge story.

Much like last year's beginning, this followthrough should have been the conclusion of the biggest starmaking angle in history, but they just plain picked the wrong guy who had yet to prove that he had the marketability that some others on the roster had proven.

People are superficial, and appealing to the the lowest common denominator with looks is good in theory. In theory, but without the character there and with a performer who acts like a robot who just does what management tells him to do, you're just setting yourself up for failure.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
People cheered for HHH and Rikishi little more than a year after they tried to kayfabe murder Steve Austin with a car. It's pro-wrestling, people like who they want to like regardless of storyline.
You can't compare that dumb storyline with a 21-0 Streak at WM.

And let's face it this is more about hating Reigns than loving Lesnar.

Lesnar is great, but to act like he's been all great and had an awesome title reign is so dumb. In fact his title reign is a bigger reason why the WWE programming sucks more than blamming Reigns push. The guy barely shows up and people are treating him like a God just because he signed a new contract.

BTW Having Lesnar as a face? Say goodbye to Ziggler, Bryan and Ambrose.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
Giants will always be that team that will beat the Pats and made them 18-1.

Winning a match doesn't make someone "bad" or a "villain." I think WWE did such a good job building Brock since last year, people respect him and they understand he was better than Undertaker at WM30 and that's all their is to it.

Reigns isn't avenging Taker's loss and Reigns problems are his problems.

·
Registered
634 Posts

Winning a match doesn't make someone "bad" or a "villain." I think WWE did such a good job building Brock since last year, people respect him and they understand he was better than Undertaker at WM30 and that's all their is to it.

Except the Giants ARE evil...

Go Pats!

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

fpalm There are no faces or heels in the NFL.

And of course Reigns' isn't avenging Taker's lose.

But would people cheer Lesnar over Bryan or Ziggler? That's my point. The fans don't love Lesnar at all. They just hate Reigns more than anything in the WWE.

Turning Lesnar face would be a bigger mistake than pushing Reigns as a top face. Just watch and see.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Its because of who he is facing and his star power. If he was facing Daniel Bryan he would probably not be getting as big of cheers.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.