Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on the end of the match last night it looks like the only thing that makes sense is Kaz and Daniels vs Angle and AJ at Slammiversary. That should be a hell of a tag match.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
The point is forcing you to watch the tv shows to know how the slammiversary card is going to be.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
good...

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Based on the end of the match last night it looks like the only thing that makes sense is Kaz and Daniels vs Angle and AJ at Slammiversary. That should be a hell of a tag match.
They could also make that a 3 or 4 way tag match involving Joe/Magnus who are owed a rematch and even possibly MCMG. Gets more guys onto the 10th anniversary show and saves that title matchup for another PPV.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
my Predict for Slammiversary 2012.

Bobby Roode(c) vs Jeff Hardy vs Mr. Anderson vs Rob Van Dam for the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP in a 4 way match.

Daniels and Kazarian(c) vs AJ Styles and Kurt Angle with Dixie Carter for the TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP.

Bully Ray vs Austin Aries in a Tables match.

ERIC YOUNG and ODB(c) vs Rosita and Sarita for the TNA Knockout Tag Team Championship.

Joe with Magnus vs CRIMSON.

Velvet Sky(c) vs Brooke vs Tara for the Knockouts Championship in a 3 way match.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
King of the Mountain Match for the Title...Roode,Anderson,Hardy,RVD and maybe Aries(or bully ray if they dont do)

Bully Ray VS Abyss Tables match?Maybe Weapons Match? Chamber of Blood?

Kaz and Daniels VS AJ/Angle VS Joe Magnus

Gail Kim VS Brooke with a stipulation

ODBEY VS Sarita and Rosita KO TAG

TV Title defended

X Division ultimate X match for the Number one contender 5 Ion,Kash,New signed guy,Neese

Crimson issues another open challenge Someone either makes big return or new debut possibly ending streak

·
Registered
43 Posts
My predictions:

Storm vs Roode
Kaz/Daniels vs Styles/Angle
Gail vs Brooke
Aries Vs Bully Ray - last standing or something similar perhaps Abyss involved as well

·
Premium Member
44,393 Posts
My Predicted Card for Slammiversary:

Bobby Roode -c- Vs. Jeff Hardy Vs. Rob Van Dam Vs. James Storm Vs. Mr. Anderson: King of the Mountain Match for World Title = It just seems like they are trying to set up multiple top contenders for Roode.

Christopher Daniels & Kazarian -c- Vs. AJ Styles & Kurt Angle: Tag Titles = Also seems likely based on what happened at Sacrifice. I'm not entirely sure why they decided to get the titles involved in this, especially since neither team is that credible (AJ & Angle haven't even teamed up yet, so there you go). But we shall see.

Sting or Hogan Vs. Ric Flair = They will want to do a Legends Match on here. I just pray to God that it isn't as embarrassing as my mind is picturing it will be.

Bully Ray Vs. Abyss/Joseph Park: No DQ Match of some kind = They have kept this feud going and I guess they are going to have Abyss make his return at Slammiversary to get revenge on Bully Ray.

Austin Aries Vs. Zema Ion: X Title = Who the hell else is Aries going to face? They have a bunch of guys that can fit within the X Division but aren't being used at all (Douglas Williams, The Pope...where are they?). Based on who is being used, Ion is really the only opponent for Aries at this point.

Gail Kim Vs. Mickie James: KO Title = They'll want to do the big marquee match at the PPV and since their last PPV outing ended in a DQ, they have something to revisit. Gail could easily wind up facing Velvet, Brooke, or Madison as well given what they are currently doing.

The Guns Vs. Joe & Magnus: Tag Title Contenders Match = Just because. This should have been the tag title match they built up to for Slammy, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

King Mo's PPV Debut Vs. Crimson = He's the new signee and they'll want to showcase him. He'll end the unbeaten streak.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
If I had to guess the card I'd go with this :

WORLD TITLE MATCH
Bobby Roode vs Austin Aries

WORLD TAG TITLE MATCH
AJ & Kurt Angle vs Kaz & Daniels

KNOCKOUTS TITLE MATCH
Gail Kim vs Tara

Jeff Hardy vs Mr. Anderson

Matt Morgan vs Crimson

Bully Ray vs Abyss

TELEVISION TITLE MATCH
Devon vs Hernandez

#1 Contender's Match
Joe & Magnus vs Motor City Machine Guns

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Despite not being all that into TNA the past few months (what with the product being awful and WWE being, IMO, a lot better, I think there is a lot of potential for the card at Slammiversary. This is what I would expect/hope to see based on some of your comments:

TNA World Heavyweight Championship: Bobby Roode vs. James Storm
I honestly think the idea of putting off Roode/Storm until BFG is ridiculous. They had their first match in November, they very nicely built up to Lockdown. Roode retained, which I was also okay with, but Slammiversary is the time. Building up to two of the TNA's biggest shows of the year, with so much time in between, with the same match is just weird. Plus, everyone knows no one stands a chance but storm (and god help if they pull a swerve and put it on RVD, Hardy, or Anderson).

Slammiversary is the time. 10 year anniversary, two of TNA's homegrown guys, feel good moment with Storm winning. Just do it.

TNA World Tag Titles: Daniels & Kazarian vs. AJ Styles & Kurt Angle OR AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels
With it being TNA's 10-year anniversary show, I would welcome a classic exhibition feud between Styles and Daniels, possibly even with Daniels finally going over.

However, with rumors of the tag match, I'm actually okay with that too. I hated Joe/Magnus as a tag team, and when I look at a tag match like this, I think of Edge & Mysterio vs. Angle & Benoit: two tag teams made of very talented singles wrestlers, putting on an amazing tag team match. Hell, the tag match with Daniels & Kazarian vs. Styles & Anderson was really good. Replace Anderson with Angle, put it at Slammiversary, make it for the titles. Yeah, this could be MOTY. Plus, Angle and Styles as a tag team is awesome.

I haven't seen Aries/Ray yet, and I'm sure it's good, but this event needs something special. Abyss returning, even as Joseph Parks, against Ray has a lot of potential. Their match in January was fun, and this would be no different. I agree that a Barbwire Massacre is the way to go, but I don't know if Ray would commit to that. Abyss needed to prove himself with a match that badass and did. So did Judas Mesias. And Sabu is fucking nuts. Bully Ray can put on a great show without killing himself. I say just make it another Monster's Ball match. Tables is too tame, BWM might be too extreme. Joseph Parks looks like Penn.

Legends Match
Sting & Hulk Hogan vs. Jeff Jarrett & Scott Steiner.

A one-on-one between Hogan and Flair is a horrible idea. Take it from me, I spent 2 years anticipating Hogan/Flair. The idea of Hogan just throwing Flair all over the place again is horrible stale. I just don't want to see Flair in a single's match. His face is horrible and kind of upsetting to watch. Hogan can't be in a 1-on-1. So since Sting can still move, team him up with someone he's never tag-teamed with before in Hogan, and put them against a proven team, play off that Steiner feud, Jarrett's feuds with Sting and Hogan, and so on. Put it Flair in the heel's corner. I know Steiner won't be back anytime soon, but I just really don't want to see Flair wrestle, but I'm always a sucker for legends matches, especially Hogan.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I'll leave out my Slammi dream card for the moment and just deal with how I agree with the OP. At the end of Sacrifice I also really wanted to see Kazarian & Daniels against AJ & Angle for the Tag Team Titles. That has incredible match written all over it.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
TNA Slammiversary X

TNA World Heavyweight Championship King of the Mountain
Bobby Roode(c) vs James Storm vs Rob Van Dam vs Jeff Hardy vs Mr.Anderson

Barbed Wire Massacre (Or any other NO DQ Type match)
Bully Ray vs Abyss/Joseph Parks

TNA World Tag Team Championship
Christopher Daniels & Kazarian(c) vs Kurt Angle & AJ Styles

TNA X Division Championship Ultimate X
Austin Aries(c) vs Kid Kash vs Zema Ion vs Eric Young vs Mark Haskins

TNA TV Championship
Gunner vs Devon(c)

King Mo vs Crimson

TNA Knockouts Championship
Gail Kim(c) vs Mickie James vs Velvet Sky

#1Cont. TNA Tag Team Championship
Magnus & Samoa Joe vs Motor City Machine Guns

·
Registered
402 Posts
In No Particular Order

TNA Slammiversary X

TNA World Heavyweight Title King Of The Mountain Match
Bobby Roode(C) Vs Bully Ray Vs Mr. Anderson Vs Jeff Hardy Vs Sting

TNA X-Division Title Match
Austin Aries(C) Vs Zema Ion

TNA Tag Team Title Match
Kaz & Daniels(C) Vs Kurt Angle & Aj Styles

TNA Knockout Title Match
Velvet Sky Vs Gail Kim(C)

TNA Television Title Match
Devon(C) Vs Robbie T

4 Way No.1 Contenders Match For X-Division Title
Robbie E Vs Doug Williams Vs Tony Neese Vs Kid Kash

No.1 Contenders Match
Motor City Machine Guns Vs Joe & Magnus

Grudge Match
Eric Young Vs Crimson
Card Subject To Change

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Just say no to Hogan wrestling here. He can't take a f'n bump so it is pointless to put him in a match.

·
Registered
990 Posts
TNA World Heavyweight Championship: Bobby Roode vs. James Storm
I honestly think the idea of putting off Roode/Storm until BFG is ridiculous. They had their first match in November, they very nicely built up to Lockdown. Roode retained, which I was also okay with, but Slammiversary is the time. Building up to two of the TNA's biggest shows of the year, with so much time in between, with the same match is just weird. Plus, everyone knows no one stands a chance but storm (and god help if they pull a swerve and put it on RVD, Hardy, or Anderson).

Slammiversary is the time. 10 year anniversary, two of TNA's homegrown guys, feel good moment with Storm winning. Just do it.
I completely agree here. Prolonging the feud another 4 months is going to bore us all to death. We all know its Storm who's eventually going to win the title off Roode. Let him win it now. You can always do Roode/Storm again if you really want for BFG.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts