Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cena, who 'isnt employed', has repeatedly made run-ins on WWE TV yet there are never any kayfabe security to detain him. I know were supposed to suspend our disbelief and all but it would have been better if it looked like Cena was more of an volatile outlaw with security and cops after him.

·
Registered
661 Posts
To be honest, the WWE completely fucked up the Nexus/Cena storyline when they started allowing Cena to come back and have nobody care.

It's illegal to jump the barricades. At least make this storyline realistic PLEASE.

The Nexus is on the brink of disbanding, we have jobber tag champs, and obviously the WWE security and the police give no care about the fact that a "fan" is jumping into the WWE ring and attacking WWE superstars. At least when Nexus did it they did it in a group so there was no chance of stopping them. Plus it was mentioned that they should be arrested.

:flipRAW writers.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Quit your bitching. Where the hell were the security guards when nexus started. Why does nexus still have a job after putting the chairman in a coma. where were the police when nexus crammed Bret in a limo and wrecked it? I guess "wrestling is still real to you" huh?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Cena already explained it away a week or two ago. Said security isn't in any hurry to stop him, since he's against Nexus, and a while back Nexus fought security to get on the show when they didn't have contracts.

So its fine.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
They already covered this last week, the Nexus has attacked the security in the past, therefore they allow Cena to attack the Nexus. He went right by a security guy tonight and he did nothing.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
cena's face on the big tron isn't fine, cena's music playing isn't fine, i doubt any of the kids actually do believe that he's fired. the whole fired angle has totally been thrown under the bus, i bet the kids even realize how fake it is now. this is just pathetic. they could have done a way better job with this angle but they blew it. w/e

Reactions: Zee Jay

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
cena is supposed to have "contacts" that allow him to the wwe tapings

he's gonna get his job back anyway, they fucked the storyline by having him back right away

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
exactly, the least they could have done was have him gone for at least a week, just a week, is that so much to ask for. i mean they had randy orton off for one night, how they can't even have cena off for one with this storyline is pathetic

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
WWE has long since stopped trying to protect kayfabe, I thought everybody already realized this. WWE did a lot of things with the storyline wrong, but this really isn't that big of a deal. I don't think ANYBODY thought Cena was really fired. Just enjoy how the storyline plays out for God's sake, Punk's lampshading the absurdity of the situation anyway.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I can't believe yall are trying to use logic in a fucking wrestling show. Yall really do turn a blind eye when it comes to other stuff but because you are anti-Cena marks all of a sudden the rules apply? WTF kinda logic is that?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
To be honest, the WWE completely fucked up the Nexus/Cena storyline when they started allowing Cena to come back and have nobody care.

It's illegal to jump the barricades. At least make this storyline realistic PLEASE.

The Nexus is on the brink of disbanding, we have jobber tag champs, and obviously the WWE security and the police give no care about the fact that a "fan" is jumping into the WWE ring and attacking WWE superstars. At least when Nexus did it they did it in a group so there was no chance of stopping them. Plus it was mentioned that they should be arrested.

:flipRAW writers.
The whole idea of Nexus broke is worse than this, at least they gave an explanation for Cena. But when 8 "non contracted" guys came out and destroyed private property and assaulted wrestlers, are allowed to get away with out so much as a slap on the wrist, where is the line drawn?

It's fucking wrestling! Sports entertainment! A scripted show! They don't need your permission to write what they want. And you are calling me a Moron?

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Quit your bitching. Where the hell were the security guards when nexus started. Why does nexus still have a job after putting the chairman in a coma. where were the police when nexus crammed Bret in a limo and wrecked it? I guess "wrestling is still real to you" huh?
Cena already explained it away a week or two ago. Said security isn't in any hurry to stop him, since he's against Nexus, and a while back Nexus fought security to get on the show when they didn't have contracts.
Exactly. Cena explained pretty clearly that Nexus had attacked security before so why would they stop Cena now?

/Thread.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Exactly. Cena explained pretty clearly that Nexus had attacked security before so why would they stop Cena now?

/Thread.
Because 1. They're not the same security, it's building staff.

2. It's their job. That's bias.

3. Why SHOULDN'T security try to stop Cena? It would make for much better storytelling if Cena has to sneak past them just to get an instant of a chance at Nexus and then run back into the stands again. Not being allowed to reign free.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If Cena, who is not on contract with WWE anymore, can attack Nexus, I think we can do the same. If the security doesn't care if some from the crowd jump on the ring and beat those guys, they will not care if we all do it too :)

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
it would make for SUCH a better storyline if there was actually some dramatic actions being taken place against cena. but there's not. it's just him running around, beating people up and hearing his theme music, even though he's supposedly fired.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts