Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW. In a way i think its kind of sad.. but we shouldve seen it coming.. theyve been convincing him to come back for like the last 3 years or so. Im not over here crying or anything but i think it's kind of sad.

and wow @ what Bischoff said about Nash. Some people might take it as a diss.. i think Bischoff was actually talking about the WWE in a positive manner. He basically said WWE could pay Nash more than TNA could.

The go get yourself an action figure thing was funny though.

Discuss.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
Honestly, what does sting have to offer at this point in his career? He's getting up there in age and it's having an effect on his ring work. The guy even has to wrestle with his shirt on which takes away from his epicness. I love sting but he's not much different from guys like Nash and Scott Hall in terms of usefulness in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
The guy wrestled in a shirt because he was taping his injured shoulder. As for what Bischoff said about Sting, he would have said it regardless if he knew Sting was or wasn't signing with WWE or TNA. Did get a good laugh out of the hair dying and action figure Nash comment though.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
If TNA really believed that Sting had gone for good they would have taken him off of there roster page on their website just like they did with Kevin Nash and many more before that as well, it is much more likely that Sting is simply resting up as he isn't exactly needed right now due to The Main Event Mafia idea being out the window. Now that Fortune have been revealed as "They" and are now the top face's TNA probably doesn't have anything storyline wise for Sting right now and he would be wasted being brought back with nothing to do.

I'm not buying into the whole Sting has gone to WWE/2.21.11 thing at all and if he had signed with WWE then TNA would not be talking about him on screen because his arrival in WWE would be a lot bigger than Kevin Nash or Booker T and surely TNA would not want to hype up Sting debuting in WWE. I can see Sting returning by Lockdown or just after on a short six month deal which may be a better way to go with him as Sting doesn't do the full year on screen, maybe even a contract which pays per appearance rather than a guaranteed year long salary would be an even better idea.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
If TNA really believed that Sting had gone for good they would have taken him off of there roster page on their website just like they did with Kevin Nash and many more before that as well, it is much more likely that Sting is simply resting up as he isn't exactly needed right now due to The Main Event Mafia idea being out the window. Now that Fortune have been revealed as "They" and are now the top face's TNA probably doesn't have anything storyline wise for Sting right now and he would be wasted being brought back with nothing to do.

I'm not buying into the whole Sting has gone to WWE/2.21.11 thing at all and if he had signed with WWE then TNA would not be talking about him on screen because his arrival in WWE would be a lot bigger than Kevin Nash or Booker T and surely TNA would not want to hype up Sting debuting in WWE. I can see Sting returning by Lockdown or just after on a short six month deal which may be a better way to go with him as Sting doesn't do the full year on screen, maybe even a contract which pays per appearance rather than a guaranteed year long salary would be an even better idea.
sting hasn't had contract with TNA for a while and had no responsabilities with them at the moment, they just keep him on the roster's website because they want to think he's still with TNA

if he actually went to WWE i don't know, what i do know is that sting is a free agent and there's not a real reason for him to be on their website

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Ill laugh at Stings legacy if he goes up north with pee wee hermans wrestling company. Sting is smarterthan that though.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Ill laugh at Stings legacy if he goes up north with pee wee hermans wrestling company. Sting is smarterthan that though.

Why would you laugh at his legacy for that? I hate wwe's current direction as much as anyone, but It is the major leagues, and Sting has always had some excuse why he doesn't go. I'd have more respect for his legacy if he did try it out. I don't get why people think it is a good thing that he has never gone, when he essentially admits that it wasn't because of some protest about what vince has done to the business: Its because he is scared of how he is going to be used! In other words he has been a pussy! You think everyone who goes to WWE isn't nervous about the same thing? I don't know, when you are an all time great at something, I'd assume you would want the chance to challege yourself to prove that you are the best, on the largest stage.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
No way Sting is going to Sesame Street Wrestling, no chance in hell.
good point. why would he do a stupid thing like that? a wrestlemania main event match, instilling his legacy in the one place he's never been able to put it, having an epic match with another legend that could go down in history, and a shitload of cash. yeah, fuck that idea. he would never consider it.

sting has one use left in wrestling: Undertaker. other than that, guy can GTFO already.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just because of Fortune being They I don't think that completley writes Sting off. Let's not forget that him and AJ had a mentor/student type relationship and Sting was one of the reasons AJ won his last heavyweight title, so if Fortune every needed backup I'm sure it would be Sting, just because of his and Style's relationship.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
When wrestlers get to be Sting and Nash' age their only concern is there legacy, how they'll be remembered, so one last big match and a HOF induction become very attractive. These aren't the guys who will bust their ass for TNA and help get them to the next level, that is why the focus should be on the youngblood. The WWE doesn't have half the talent TNA has, and even they get that.

·
Banned
417 Posts
No way Sting is going to Sesame Street Wrestling, no chance in hell.
Yeah, I'm sure he'd rather wrestle in front of 800 tourists at a theme park and on PPVs that do buyrates of 8000-10,000 rather than wrestle the Undertaker in front of 40,000+ people at WrestleMania.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,268 Posts
Just because of Fortune being They I don't think that completley writes Sting off. Let's not forget that him and AJ had a mentor/student type relationship and Sting was one of the reasons AJ won his last heavyweight title, so if Fortune every needed backup I'm sure it would be Sting, just because of his and Style's relationship.
It really doesn't matter what storyline Sting and AJ had.... The main reason why people don't think Sting is going back to TNA is because of WWE.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This whole wrestlers wanting one last big match and being inducted into the HOF is overblown.

Jeez, just because Flair and Michaels had their retirement matches at WM does not mean every wrestler wants that same big farewell. I can name lots of guys who've supposedly had one farewell match in front of an audience, only to wrestle in smaller crowds when they came back from retirement.

I can name lots of Hall of Famers who've appeared in wrestling segments afterwards that made them look stupid and tarnishes that HOF induction. HOF doesn't have much significance when there is no criteria used to select the people. Come on, you think Sting cares all that much to be in a WWE HOF that easily inducted Pete Rose, Koko B Ware, Bob Uecker and William Perry?

·
Banned
1,135 Posts

I'm not buying into the whole Sting has gone to WWE/2.21.11 thing at all and if he had signed with WWE then TNA would not be talking about him on screen because his arrival in WWE would be a lot bigger than Kevin Nash or Booker T and surely TNA would not want to hype up Sting debuting in WWE.
I can see Sting returning by Lockdown or just after on a short six month deal which may be a better way to go with him as Sting doesn't do the full year on screen, maybe even a contract which pays per appearance rather than a guaranteed year long salary would be an even better idea.
TNA mentions people from the WWE all the time dude, hell they mentioned Christian a week after he made his debut on ECW.

Just face it. He's done with TNA. That much is already known. Whether or not he's with the WWE is another story. He's either going to compete at Wrestlemania, be inducted into the hall of fame and retire, or he's just going to retire, it's been confirmed that he no longer wants to be with TNA.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Personally, I can't figure out why he'd give two squirts of piss about a WM exit when he has had zero ties with the whole company during his entire career. I'm sure he knows the significance for those who have had those sendoffs, but all of them had a long history in the company.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts