Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just amazing what Goldust has done. Of course he was always this good but wrestled in an era with so much talent it'll never be matched again.

The Attitude Era lives on and shows why it was the absolute best :clap

Reactions: STP

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Re: So a midcard from the Attitude Era has to show the roster how to put on a good ma

It isn't because of Goldust alone this storyline is working.It is the Corporation vs Rhodes Family that is making it entertaining.Not to mention,a PG Era wrestler called Daniel Bryan has put up way better matches than Goldust this year

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Re: So a midcard from the Attitude Era has to show the roster how to put on a good ma

Probably worth giving credit to both Shield and Cody Rhodes for being a big part of that match too.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts

OP is high, there's been dozens of great matches this year and for the record an Attitude era main eventer (rock) put on three of the worst matches we've seen this year.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts

*Territory

If anything Golddust's in-ring ability is far far more reflective of his WCW days more than anything.

I dont recall him putting on any matches close to tonight back in the attitude era

but its cute that you do

·
Eat the rude
7,685 Posts

Any excuse to praise the attitude era eh? Nothing against Goldust. He's been amazing, but he isn't the only one who is doing great in this part of the corporation storyline.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts

That match got excellent time, and booking, this generation's talent can do that shit if they were granted the same privilege.

·
Registered
582 Posts

If Goldust keeps this up, I would definitely rank him in the Top 5 workers of the year despite only working a limited time period.

·
The Man
25,722 Posts

Yes Shield matches are usually garbage :lmao plz close this silly thread.

Goldust came out to a mild crowd reaction.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,503 Posts

Actually, the Goldust character debuted in October '95. That's NEW GENERATION ERA, bruv.

DAT NEW GENERATION. Living on in our hearts forever.

:hbk3

·
Registered
376 Posts

OP is high, there's been dozens of great matches this year and for the record an Attitude era main eventer (rock) put on three of the worst matches we've seen this year.
Ya but Rock is not goldust, bg james or those retired guys where they wrestle a little bit here and there over the course of the years and able to maintain decent ring shape. The guy wrestled total of 5 matches in 2yrs and had an absence of 9 month in between. His match with punk at the chamber by no means worst.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts

shield are an incredible act in-ring. at this point i think they would get a great match out of khali/giant silva/gonzales

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Daniel Bryan, The Shield, and CM Punk all put on good matches. Cena can as well when he wants too and Ziggler can surprise every once in a while. I just think it makes a profound statement that someone like Goldust (who has been around forever) can stroll in and not only hang with the best WWE currently has to offer, but outshine them.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts

Daniel Bryan, The Shield, and CM Punk all put on good matches. Cena can as well when he wants too and Ziggler can surprise every once in a while. I just think it makes a profound statement that someone like Goldust (who has been around forever) can stroll in and not only hang with the best WWE currently has to offer, but outshine them.
why would it? goldust could outwrestle austin back in his physical prime

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

*Territory

If anything Golddust's in-ring ability is far far more reflective of his WCW days more than anything.

I dont recall him putting on any matches close to tonight back in the attitude era

but its cute that you do
You probably aren't old enough to remember. But the reason you don't is because in the era he wrestled, there were probably 12-15 guys who could be the top guy any given night.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts

fpalm @ this thread.

Yeah, I'm sure Cody, Rollins, and Reigns had nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

fpalm @ this thread.

Yeah, I'm sure Cody, Rollins, and Reigns had nothing to do with it.
You're missing the point. They SHOULD be that good and putting on top matches. Let's see how they do in say 20 years when Cody has to come back and put over his son, Connor Rhodes.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

For comparison, Cody and the Shield members are all 28 years old. (Or close to that age).

Dustin is 44.

Almost two decades older than his counterparts. That's incredible.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts

You're missing the point. They SHOULD be that good and putting on top matches. Let's see how they do in say 20 years when Cody has to come back and put over his son, Connor Rhodes.
They were already having good matches, Shield and Cody, in their own areas before Goldust showed up again. He hasn't changed much.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts