Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, simple question, not really going to put a poll in as I'd just like to see some opinions.

I like the snow because I am still a teen, and I enjoy building snow "forts" if you will, and having airsoft battles with some mates. I also like the all around feel, christmas music, time, movies, all good, remind me of my toddler years. I also love going skiing, snowboarding, and of course, gotta love that hockey. Snow days are the bomb.com too.

What about you, WF?

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Poll or GTFO.

;)

Erm, we went through a long phase of having no snow at all then suddenly a couple of years back it started snowing again and it has been ever since. I loved it in 2008, in 2009 the hate began with me not having to time to have snowball fights and the sort and slipping on numerous occasions on ice and so far in 2010 I am not amused. A good snowball fight can change everything though.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
When I was in elementary, middle and high school .. I LOVED snow and getting the chance to stay home and having a three, four or five day weekend.

Now, at 19-years-old, driving 20 minutes to work and school, and with my car not having a heater (luckily have a seat warmer) .. I HATE it.

The cold got to me this morning. I always wear 4 or 5 layers because my car only blows cold air. Plus, college classes usually don't get cancelled because of weather. So I have to wake up super early and to shovel the snow and then drive in it.

I try to leave very very early (like 5:30) on snow days, when no one else is on the road to go to school. Did that last year, best idea ever. I live in east Kansas (20 minutes from KC.) Kansas is ranked 4th worst state when it comes to drivers. No surprise since I experience it in person.

I leave my house early on snow days and arrive at school two hours before my first class. I'll read or study until class starts. Not many people are on the road that early, so I can dodge the bad drivers and get to school safely. Roads aren't clear that early, but I go at my own pace with little to no cars. :)

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I'd love it if I'd ever seen it. Should stop being a lazy c*nt and go down the snow next winter.

·
Kirk
2,565 Posts
Love snow when it first falls and accumulates but hate black ice and the hard dirty snow that stays after wards.

·
✔
21,671 Posts
It's geographically impossible for it to snow where I live. Or something like that.

One day I'll be able to give an answer.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
i love it, and feel bad foe the people who've never seen it before. Its so much fun, and everyone always looks so happy in the winter

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Of course you're happy Hiplop. Everyone's happy in Canada. It's a proverbial land of chocolate.

I've lived in Wisconsin my entire life, and I think my opinion is the same as most people's:

When I was a kid, I loved it.

Now that I'm an adult with places to go, I fucking hate it.

If it's a lazy Saturday and I've got nothing to do, it can sit back and snow all day and I'll just watch it go and enjoy it. But when I get up for work at 6 a.m. and have to dig my car out of a foot of snow to go drive 5 MPH while trying like hell not to go off the road, then I could do without it.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
Of course you're happy Hiplop. Everyone's happy in Canada. It's a proverbial land of chocolate.

Mmmmm... The Land of Chocolate. Simpsons FTW.

Anyway...

I love it. Always prefer cold weather to hot weather, and snow just makes cold weather even more awesome.

·
40,798 Posts
I love it. Living in Texas means it's pretty rare and never stays around long enough to get tiresome.

If I lived in Cleveland, well first I'd move, but if I had to live in Cleveland I'm sure I wouldn't care much for snow.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
It's pretty fun at first but then becomes tedious. I imagine it is good for those on here still at school as it means days off. My Uni is trying its hardest not to give us a snow day.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Im so so on snow as i dont exactly like driving in it, (moreso for the speeding idiots who DONT know how to drive in it), but one thing i do like is cold fucking weather. Give me -20 f or below all day long over 90 f. I crave freezing temps.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Like.

I'm from Texas and it's only snowed twice since I've been alive (On Christmas Eve in 2004 and once last year in December), so whenever it snows the whole town pretty much shuts down and everyone is outside playing with the snow and having a good time.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
As long as I can drive safely on the road, I am okay with it. I'm not the biggest fan of getting out in snow, but it sure is lovely to watch. At home, that is. If I'm anywhere else, and I see it beginning to snow, my first thought is "SON OF A BITCH".

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
The actual snow isn't bad but around here, the wind in the winter time is far worse. I like when it just snows because I used to love going out in it when I was little and build forts, throw snow balls, etc. but the problem is where I live it never just snows. There always has to be like 30 to 40 mph winds which create huge drifts which in turn makes driving suck.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I love snow, till it screws up the roads and my driveway. But even then, its tolerable. You know what I do hate, though? Ice.

Ice + Road = Wrecks and Traffic Jams

But I can't help thinking of LIGHTS when I see the ice patches everywhere, and I gotta smile a little bit.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I loved it, then I became an adult. Now it's a bitch.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,685 Posts
Hate, hate, hate. It snows A LOT here and it is very annoying. Slows down traffic, creates a lot of ice everywhere, and you gotta wake up early to clear the snow off your driveway.

It is very good for skiing/boarding though, but that's the only positive.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts