Wrestling Forum banner

Smoke and health issues?

433 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Naka Moora
Ok so I lived in a non smokey home for 24 years. I moved to my uncles apartment in august 2012 allergy season was over with for me. I was totally fine through the fall winter but when spring hit it was horrible. Beginning of June end of May I started to get such a mucosy throat that I couldn't eat anything at all without choking or gagging. It ruined my entire summer. My ENT doctor said I had LPR reflux which I didn't think I had plus allergies were horrible and he kept telling me to get out of the apartment because the smoke could be making my allergies worse.

From June until August it was god awful. I felt sick all the time and couldn't eat at all. Thorough out September until April this year I had a mucusy throat but it didn't bother me at all. I could eat fine and all I had to do was clear my throat but not as badly But two weeks ago once the pollen hit Chicago my same symptoms came rushing back. I quit smoking also so it was nearly as bad but I'm sick of having to constantly clear my throat after eating. I read online that second hand smoke can basically kill you sinuses. My adenoids were constantly swollen my doctors said and I was always stuffy. So anyways I'm getting the constant feeling of mucus in my throat now again and I'm soooooo scared.

I'm moving out of this god forbidden apartment Thursday to a nice clean kept condo with my dad. Since I'm getting away from the constant gross smokey apartment will I feel better? And will my throat get better soon?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,327 Posts
Ok so I lived in a non smokey home for 24 years. I moved to my uncles apartment in august 2012 allergy season was over with for me. I was totally fine through the fall winter but when spring hit it was horrible. Beginning of June end of May I started to get such a mucosy throat that I couldn't eat anything at all without choking or gagging. It ruined my entire summer. My ENT doctor said I had LPR reflux which I didn't think I had plus allergies were horrible and he kept telling me to get out of the apartment because the smoke could be making my allergies worse.

From June until August it was god awful. I felt sick all the time and couldn't eat at all. Thorough out September until April this year I had a mucusy throat but it didn't bother me at all. I could eat fine and all I had to do was clear my throat but not as badly But two weeks ago once the pollen hit Chicago my same symptoms came rushing back. I quit smoking also so it was nearly as bad but I'm sick of having to constantly clear my throat after eating. I read online that second hand smoke can basically kill you sinuses. My adenoids were constantly swollen my doctors said and I was always stuffy. So anyways I'm getting the constant feeling of mucus in my throat now again and I'm soooooo scared.

I'm moving out of this god forbidden apartment Thursday to a nice clean kept condo with my dad. Since I'm getting away from the constant gross smokey apartment will I feel better? And will my throat get better soon?
Please! Please! Can we move this to rants? I dont feel like I have anything constructive to say without swearing. fpalm

· I WANT ALL THE MEAT!
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please! Please! Can we move this to rants? I dont feel like I have anything constructive to say without swearing. fpalm
I agree but I really will find it hard to respond to that without at least some swearing and probably a bit of abuse! ;)
yeah im sorry bro i should've read a little more the forum categories.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.