Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are the good guys now over-smiling? Especially the ones that used to be bad guys like MVP and Koslov. Do they have to smile going to the ring and while they are fighting? Austin, Triple H, Taker didn't have to smile at all. Is this something new with the good guys?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Kozlov is just a weird Russian guy, he smiles when he's beating up people. As for MVP, he has always been like this, just not as cocky when he's a face. Everybody smiles, even Kane, and I recall seeing a smirk on Undertaker's face once this year when he was in the ring, so no, it's not something new.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I noticed Cena does this quite a lot as well, even when he is meant to be in a pissed off mood (e.g beaten down the previous week) he can't help but smile when he comes out.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I guess they can't help but not smile when coming out to the fans and performing in front of them.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
its the pg era. they want to distinguishly differentiate the face from the heels. plus the faces are responsible for keeping the crowd hyped and happy. what better way to do that than smiling. it also makes them look like they are enjoying what they do and that they are out there having a good time. nice marketing ploy

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
All the faces are the same these days anyway, 85% of them have no character depth. It's kinda stupid... they're interesting as a heel, and eventually turn face because the crowd liked them. But then WWE ruin it by removing the things that got them over in the first place. If you don't get what I mean, have a look at Ken Anderson's face run in WWE, and then look at his face run in TNA. Management aren't allowing them to their full potential.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I agree, they should spit at the Fans, maybe even punch them, now that would get them over as the Good Guys.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Don't forget Morrison. He looks like an asshole while smiling all the time.
seriously. i still don't know why they didn't change his characters looks that much when they turned him face, he still looks like a complete tool and total douchebag.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Yep, face = smiling. Aside from Orton who seems to be against the rule. I don't understand why everyone must smile, it looks stupid most of the time. You see Morrison, MVP, Kofi etc continuously smiling and just think...why? Mark Henry's one of the worst, he smiles ALL THE TIME and his teeth are incredibly white...:side:

Pointing is another thing faces tend to do. New faces = smile and point, that's apparently all you need to know. Except they obviously forgot that they do also need a character to go along with the prolonged smiles...

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
The kids love faces who smile , with the exception of Orton .. They might just boo him if he smiles I guess ;)

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Honestly it's the whole PG attitude. They are trying to cater to little kids by having faces smile, showing they are having a good time, they are fine and they want the fans to have a good time. It sounds silly but I'm pretty damn sure that's the reason.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts