Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's actually pretty annoying that out of all the men that was in the 10 man Royal Rumble that could have faced Brock they go with Seth Rollins again??? Smh I was hoping for anyone to win that match except Seth. I was really hoping Randy was going to throw Seth's ass out of the ring and win this time. Randy or Cesaro would have been much better choices than Seth but nope it looks like there will be a round two of something that wasn't good the first time. Who wants to see Seth cutting horrible "attempted" tough guy promos for the next few weeks until he faces Brock again?

Story wise Randy deserves his revenge against Brock much more than boring Seth smh. I usually don't get too caught up in things cause it's entertainment at the end of the day but damn seeing Seth win was actually kinda irritating.

Who do you think should have won personally?

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Re: Smh looks like there will another bad rerun.....

Rollins was the right choice and makes the most sense for right now.

But having a battle royal was utterly pointless, all it did was give fans of other wrestlers false hope only to make them mad for no reason. Seth should've just came out challenged Brock straight away.

But ya know, gotta try and pop that 3rd hour rating I guess.

·
Registered
458 Posts

WWE needed to freshen up for SummerSlam but they clearly have decided to stick with the repetitive formula they are entrenched in so Vince clearly still has the big pen after RAW last night.

The only fresh outcome that would have worked for me personally last night would have been for Cesaro to win the battle royal.
Cesaro is a beast, a powerhouse, popular and could have taken it to Lesnar and even if he could not get the job done it would be good to tease fans with can he do it.

The rest I have no interest in seeing against Lesnar for 2 reasons...
Rollins, Reigns, Strowman and Orton we have seen it all before and it is tired.

The rest are either boring like Corbin and Lashley or not believable enough like Mysterio, Zayn and Big E.

Regardless WWE managed to kill my enthusiasm for SummerSlam on night one because it is looking like a rematch snoozefest already with all the wrong decisions...
Rollins/Lesnar is played out... Lynch/Natalya no one cares.... Possibly Wyatt/Balor rehashing a old feud with a guy with a new mask putting the demon on sabbatical WRONG choice for Wyatt's return....... Possibly Ziggler/Miz part 517 WTF cares again??
I hope Smackdown can redeem somewhat although with WWE I know I'm going to be disappointed, it is just a matter of how much. I am already sensing more dreadful Shane McMahon incoming.

Early indicators are I won't be watching SummerSlam like I gave Mania a miss this year. It just is not worth the time invested presently, I hope they change it up in the next few weeks but I won't hold my breath.

·
Registered
12,000 Posts

The biggest match star-wise would have been Orton vs Lesnar. They could have booked Orton leading up to the event as the old vicious Orton that punted people. Maybe even have him kidnap and punt Heyman on a RAW for a huge pop and piss Brock off. You could even throw Bischoff in the storyline, with his SD boy invading Heyman's RAW.

Then for the match, throw them in an old school cage. I would've loved to watch that.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Same old shit!

I personally would have liked to have seen Lashley in there with Lesnar. I think that would have been a battle for the ages and something totally new and original!

But it’s Rollins, AGAIN...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
WWE needed to freshen up for SummerSlam but they clearly have decided to stick with the repetitive formula they are entrenched in so Vince clearly still has the big pen after RAW last night.

The only fresh outcome that would have worked for me personally last night would have been for Cesaro to win the battle royal.
Cesaro is a beast, a powerhouse, popular and could have taken it to Lesnar and even if he could not get the job done it would be good to tease fans with can he do it.

The rest I have no interest in seeing against Lesnar for 2 reasons...
Rollins, Reigns, Strowman and Orton we have seen it all before and it is tired.

The rest are either boring like Corbin and Lashley or not believable enough like Mysterio, Zayn and Big E.

Regardless WWE managed to kill my enthusiasm for SummerSlam on night one because it is looking like a rematch snoozefest already with all the wrong decisions...
Rollins/Lesnar is played out... Lynch/Natalya no one cares.... Possibly Wyatt/Balor rehashing a old feud with a guy with a new mask putting the demon on sabbatical WRONG choice for Wyatt's return....... Possibly Ziggler/Miz part 517 WTF cares again??
I hope Smackdown can redeem somewhat although with WWE I know I'm going to be disappointed, it is just a matter of how much. I am already sensing more dreadful Shane McMahon incoming.

Early indicators are I won't be watching SummerSlam like I gave Mania a miss this year. It just is not worth the time invested presently, I hope they change it up in the next few weeks but I won't hold my breath.
I really understand your choice being Cesaro cause I would love to see that 2 but I don't understand you putting Orton in the same category with Roman and Strowman and saying Orton vs Lesnar is tired already cause Randy only faced Brock once since Brock returned which was in 2016 and after what Brock did to him after the match it totally makes sense story wise for Randy to try to get his revenge in the most ruthless way possible and to me that is a way more interesting situation than seeing Simp Rollins vs Brock again smh.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I really understand your choice being Cesaro cause I would love to see that 2 but I don't understand you putting Orton in the same category with Roman and Strowman and saying Orton vs Lesnar is tired already cause Randy only faced Brock once since Brock returned which was in 2016 and after what Brock did to him after the match it totally makes sense story wise for Randy to try to get his revenge in the most ruthless way possible and to me that is a way more interesting situation than seeing Simp Rollins vs Brock again smh.
Fair enough Orton is not played out like Reigns, Rollins and Strowman but I guess I meant I wanted to see something completely fresh.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I’ve seen a few people say Seth was the right call and I’m totally dumbfounded by that. If he loses to Brock, you probably have Brock holding the title through the rest of the year which we’ve seen a lot of in recent years. Or we go right back to a Seth title reign of which we just got out of a 3.5 month reign of his that was a total disaster in every way possible.

·
Angry at refs
3,296 Posts
Two sides of a coin.

The logical choice was the Seth match. Obviously, this was going to happen.

On the other hand, a fresh match with ANY of the competitors apart from Seth and Roman would've been a nice change of pace.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
Yea it just seemed pointless to do the battle royal at all. might have just went and reintroduced the rematch clause, because this was a lazy way to just do that without actually executing it.

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
I would have been fine with nearly any other outcome in that match. Barring Mysterio and Reigns to an extent.

Anyone else.

Cesaro, Braun, Big E, Lashley in particular.

Hell I'd had been fine if Orton won. Revenge for Summerslam 2016 writes itself.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Could have done Heyman knocking on Blacks door ‘My client the WWE Champion Brock Lesnar who beat the streak, and brutalised Roman Reigns is now going to end your undefeated streak.... “That’s not a prediction that’s a spoiler”

Fresh match up

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,548 Posts
Morbid curiosity got the better of me, so I watched this to see the moment when Rollins killed the crowds enthusiasm, did not disappoint.

Of course WWE went with Rollins though. There's so many things working in his favour; he's incredibly boring and WWE loves boring wrestlers. He's a Shield guy and the WWE have happily strapped the rockets to the Shield guys and sunk the company to record lows. And The Shield guys vs Lesnar has been overdone to death and is beyond stale, so they went with Seth.

I mean why go with a fresh, exciting matchup, or push an interesting wrestler to the top when you can just keep things revolving around Brock and The Shield forever.

There were many exciting options in that match, Brock vs anyone of Rey, Cesaro, Sami, Lashley is a fresh and exciting match up. Brock vs Braun or Orton is an exciting rematch, but nope gotta go with the dullest wrestler of the ten who is also the dullest option feud wise.

·
Registered
11,835 Posts
Cesaro the guy that's been midcard losing clean to Ricochet and black in recent weeks you thought was good option to face Lesnar in mainevent of third biggest ppv of the year for top title..

Yes orton looked like a star in the battle royal but you might as well have booked Cena vs Lesnar again than Orton vs Lesnar. Ortons been pushed for 15+ years has a dozen world titles, multiple rumble wins, multiple mania mainevents. He has been heel and face more times than you have had hot meals. Outside special one off matches like Orton vs taker or Orton vs Goldberg/sting on ppv there is nothing more than WWE could do with Orton. Another title run fir him would just be trodding same ground you have been over and he doesn't need to get destroyed by Lesnar again like a few years ago

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Rey? He hasn’t won a big match since he’s been back and just got squashed by Lashley. Lashley just lost his feud to a Strowman clean. Strowman has been embarrassed by Brock several times. I don’t think Zayn has won a match since he’s returned.

Cesaro? I mean come on. I love Cesaro, but he’s barely a midcarder. He’s faced Reigns 5 or 6 times. Big E has no build. He’s been in a midcard tag team for 6 years. It had to be Orton or Rollins. Storyline wise it was always going to be Seth. A battle royal was a fine way to get there, since there aren’t automatic rematches any longer. Anyone complaining just doesn’t like Rollins.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,464 Posts
Summerslam main event should be triple threat involving Brock, Rollins and one more just to keep the dynamic fresh. I honestly thought they were heading for a double elimination or controversial finish.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
If it's not Rollins you have a six month feud with no remotely conclusive matches that leads to a Money in the Bank cash in and just ends. It had to be Rollins, there has to be an outcome that's at least somewhat clean.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts