Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a smark........is like watching a movie for only the fight scenes.....without caring about the characters or the plot or WHY people are fighting. Do you consider people like that intelligent? Neither do I.

Truly intelligent fans don't want one dimensional cardboard cutouts, we want entertaining characters with some depth. We actually care about the plot and storylines.

Vince himself said "We make movies", WWE is more like a movie than a sport, so lets treat it that way. The less intelligent fans may appreciate vanilla midgets, but the majority do not.

Smarks, you are the lowest of all fans as far as I am concerned.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Being a smark is more like being a critic, obviously. Your anaolgy is poor as is the rest of your post. Marks are much more likely to be the ones to "wait for a fight scene" as they love spot monkeys. Smarks OVER ANALYZE. Jesus, this is basic.

·
Shazam!
3,243 Posts
Smarks are the fans who get the broadest perspective. They analyse every aspect of it but still manage to enjoy it. You're an idiot who has no idea what he's talking about.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
no matter what you call them,, you think that fans are "less intelligent" if they appreciate the work of Benoit and Eddie and others as opposed to the work of Diesel??

Thats just sad man

·
Banned
914 Posts
^^^ To name others in the bussiness, JBL is one of the greatest champs of all time. RVD is the most acrobatic I have ever seen. But thats offtopic, on the subject of smarks... I have no idea what you are reffering to. Never heard the word, dont want to know....

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
mybraves said:
JBL is one of the greatest champs of all time.
He is no where near "of all time" status. He has a long road to tread before anyone can give him that claim.

·
Registered
345 Posts
the undertaker is one of the greatest champ ever

·
Shazam!
3,243 Posts
Black Sabbath said:
Correction, the less intelligent fan appreciates Kevin Nash.
pwnd

Nash may not suck if he couldn't get injured by a gust of wind. Guess we'll never know though...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Big D, although being a total idiot, makes some good points. Smarks can be totally annoying at times, like currently with John Cena and Batista. They expect TOO much, and cry everytime there isn't a ***** classic on each week. It's obnoxious to look at, since they don't appriciate SE, and claim to only like wrestling, when that's not the point of Professional Wrestling to begin with. They refuse to enjoy the show, and constantly complain and bitch about stupid reasons. A real fan will criticize intelligently, instead of blasting off with a bunch of shit about how Cena sucks because he can't chain wrestle...or Batista sucks because he doesn't do 5 German Suplexes in a row.

N

·
0 Posts
The guy makes no sense, though. (Not like he's supposed to) Benoit has no character (besides all action, few words), but he can wrestle. Goldberg has no character (except dominating), and he can't wrestle.

Funny how he wants to talk about characters but some of his favorite wrestlers have almost no characters.

Oh well.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Goldberg had all the character in the world, that's the only reason why he was successful. WCW booked him like a total machine, destroying everyone in his path, and he got over through his power moves and physical charisma...along with doing Godly feats like Jackhammering and Suplexing and Bodyslamming the Giant and other big men like it was nothing. The success of Goldberg is brilliant on WCW's part, they took a totally talentless in ring guy and made him their biggest draw.

What I'm saying is, and this is why smarks are so annoying, is that while Goldberg may have been a shit wrestler...it didn't matter. During his run, he was one of the biggest names in wrestling, and he was WCW's saviour (until they blew it with him too)...he made 5 times the money Benoit would ever make, and drew in thousands of new fans. Smarks don't understand or care about that though. All they do is bash him for not being Benoit in the ring, when that's totally irrelevant towards the entire situation.

While people are off praising Benoit for being amazing in the ring, they don't realize that Sports Entertainment will always be king...and people who are good at SE are talented, but they don't care. Guys like the Rock and Hogan and Austin were SO talented at what they did...but people won't acknowledge that because they didn't wrestle 60 minute 5 star classics.

I enjoy wrestling from both sides of this argument, but I don't let one side cloud my view on the other. I may love watching Angle/Benoit from RR '03, but that still doesn't mean I don't love Rock/Hogan from Mania X-8. Smarks just don't see it that way...and that's why they will always lose the argument, because they don't understand the buisness and concept of Professional Wrestling.

·
Shazam!
3,243 Posts
Go read some Scott Keith and stfu. Keith (who I believe coined the smark term) has ALWAYS praised WCW's booking of Goldberg and has been a Batista fan for over a year now. He appreciates both the in-ring and booking aspects of pro wresling as do I. SOME smarks are all about the ringwork but the group I think you're describing who overananalyze everything is the smart fan. There's a difference. Smart fans bitch. Smarks enjoy the show and only bitch when it isn't entetaining.

·
Banned
122 Posts
i HAVE no idea whats going on...but erm I guess this is important so Ill leave you guys alone. peace homies.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
If every smark was like him you are me, then there wouldn't even be a problem. And you're wrong...smarks ARE "smart" fans. Smarks bitch about everything that doesn't benefit their "all the matters is in ring work.." argument. That's why no one can accept someone being pushed, unless his name is Chris Benoit or Chris Jericho. The second the WWE takes something successful and runs with it, like Cena/Batista, all the internet can do is cry because they don't think they'll see any 40 minute submission matches.

There is a handful of people who understand what I'm talking about, and understand the concepts of wrestling, but on the internet it is mostly a smark crowd who can't stop bitching about the lack of wrestling. The way I see it, since so many people like to bitch and cry about WWE's lack of wrestling, they should just start buying ROH dvd's and shut the fuck up.

·
Shazam!
3,243 Posts
AngleMark3:16 said:
And you're wrong...smarks ARE "smart" fans. Smarks bitch about everything that doesn't benefit their "all the matters is in ring work.." argument.
No you idiot. Smart fans are the ones who only watch wrestling for match quality. Smarks are the ones who enjoy it from all standpoints but are a slightly more cynical than marks due to knowledge of politics and such. Smart fans and Smarks are NOT the same.

·
Ivan Petrov
1,142 Posts
Smarks are people who like good wrestling, good booking and sensical storylines and angles and also are somewhat aware of the backstage goings on, wrestlers themselves are smarks. Is it such a crime to know and love wrestling so much that you want to see things done right?

·
Banned
914 Posts
TheUnholyDragon said:
No you idiot. Smart fans are the ones who only watch wrestling for match quality. Smarks are the ones who enjoy it from all standpoints but are a slightly more cynical than marks due to knowledge of politics and such. Smart fans and Smarks are NOT the same.
Nice point Dragon, I see your point now. Smarks watch it for the sex scenes, Smart fans enjoy the storylines and matches and women all together. Smarks only enjoy the women, I get it....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts