Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bothers me a lot. It might be a small issue to some of you...but someone please explain to(because there is absolutely no excuses) why TNA refuses to make PPVs feel and look like PPVs. someone backstage has to be inputting this into the guys of management. I mean, BFG last night looked like a house show for christs sake. same old ugly tna logo apron. no special set. ugly red ropes. Show us some effort, please? I'm pretty sure they can afford a BFG apron. and maybe black ropes. Just do something thats gonna make the show look like a ppv. You would think after years of this happening someone would take notice.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Don't have the money to give off the true PPV experience. WWE's PPV's look amazing but so much money goes into even the things you may notice for just a second.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't have the money to give off the true PPV experience. WWE's PPV's look amazing but so much money goes into even the things you may notice for just a second.
How much can it cost for one lousy apron. Come on. they can afford it. they refuse to do it. I'm not saying buy a better audio/video system. just make the ring look different. Give it some sort of big feel.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Requires a lot of money for professional design, so it's not in their budget. It's not something that can be accomplished from a trip to Party City.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Agreed, Yep...

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Because the set they use for Impact now was actually at one point their PPV set, so there's that, I guess.

I do agree though. There's no real differentiation between the two, which is why I disliked when you'd have Impact Zone PPVs

·
Registered
441 Posts
Couldn't agree more OP.
Even the lighting is exactly the same...could they not at least move the ramp and then have the entrance way back like WCW did with a big walkway on nitro?
ANYTHING to make it look and feel diferent. Wrestling is all about perception, make it feel different and bigger and it will come across that way.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
would it really make much of a difference if they did make PPV feel special and different? are more people going to buy the PPV enough to be noticeable?
TNA has been this way for awhile, even back when they had a PPV every month. seems they are more interested in the TV show and making that important.

since they don't do as many PPV, I'd like to see them make the Impact specials more important. like have the specials 3 hour shows. time wise wouldn't be much different than a PPV. with the commercials you could take the same number of matches and stretch the show out to 3 hours.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Money shouldn't be an excuse.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
This is simply not true. Attitude Era WWF PPV's looked distinctly different from RAW is War, usually at no extra cost. Just a small circular entrance with no ramp. But it looked good. Better than current WWE in fact, which is overkill, like something from Pokemon or whatever. TNA just sucks with lazy and braindead production.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Money shouldn't be an excuse.
It isn't! WWF at it's peak got creative. Rumble 2000;

A fucking sheet of cheap metal from a scrapyard. They billed the main event as a street fight, so went for an urban/gritty feel. It cost them literally nothing.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
When I was watching BFG and they showed that footage of AJ Styles defeating uuurm Jeff Jarrett I think, the set was a very broad golden LCD display.

I must say, I thought that looked very special.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
This is simply not true. Attitude Era WWF PPV's looked distinctly different from RAW is War, usually at no extra cost. Just a small circular entrance with no ramp. But it looked good. Better than current WWE in fact, which is overkill, like something from Pokemon or whatever. TNA just sucks with lazy and braindead production.
Most of it costs money regardless. For the piece of sheet metal that says WWF you're probably looking at a small amount of money for that.

I'm definitely not excusing them for it though. OP asked why it didn't seem special I told him. If it were up to me they'd of had pyro at Bound For Glory with a decently sized ramp way and a set that screams "This is OUR big show" but I'm not in charge obviously.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Most of it costs money regardless. For the piece of sheet metal that says WWF you're probably looking at a small amount of money for that.

I'm definitely not excusing them for it though. OP asked why it didn't seem special I told him. If it were up to me they'd of had pyro at Bound For Glory with a decently sized ramp way and a set that screams "This is OUR big show" but I'm not in charge obviously.
It doesn't cost money to tell the camera operator to stop continually highlighting the horrific empty spots in the arena.

·
Registered
914 Posts
If they can pay Hogan 30k per appearance...they can tell him to miss one show to pay for a 30k dollar ppv set...you can say they dont have money blah blah blah...but thats a tough pill to swallow when you look at how much they have offered Hogan to come back, how much they payed Brooke her entire time there, how much they pay a lot of the golden boys there. Thing is, making the ppvs actually look like something special, is what we call an "Investment" and from what history has taught us, a damn smart investment. Hell you can just buy one set that you use for all 4 of the PPVs, that would be a step up.

Seriously people are actually saying "They cant afford a new apron"...fucking seriously?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Jeez you could pick up a good sized strobe light and a gig sized dry ice machine for $100 which would make the world of difference...Light the arena darker which would make it look much cooler.
Even remove the stupid oversized screen from the show...set the fans back slightly from the ring, WHATEVER! Just make it seem that more than 10 seconds thought has been put into it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts