Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not seen it commented on yet, but there appeared to be a very different visual style for Smackdown last night.

It seemed like an almost documentary style than TV show type of footage. Was quite disorientating at times.

Am undecided on whether I like it or not as yet. How did others feel about it?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Err? Never noticed that....

·
Registered
548 Posts
I was thinking this actually but thought it would have been stupid if I'd said!
I didn't like it personally. I questioned if it was even in HD what I was watching, at times.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Ah! Not just me then. I noticed it too and liked it quite honestly. Maybe Bischoff's production company has loaned them some of those new-fangled camera dealies.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i went back and watched a bit...it doesnt seem any different to me....OP can you be a little bit more specific

Normally, it's quite slick, super-polished, very clean. This time around, it seemed to have film grain & was almost documentary-style in how it was filmed.

Somebody on another forum made a good point & as you're in London, I'll use this example. It's kind of like when the Bill changed the camera's they used to stop it looking like a Soap & give it a more realistic look & feel.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I knew something felt different about it, but I didn't know what. Whatever it is, I like it. Smackdown always seemed too sterile for a wrestling show.

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
The only thing I noticed is how much better Smackdown has been the last two weeks.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Cinema verite FTW!

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
See, I thought went it was on UPN/MyNetworkTv/whatever else it's been on ... that it had the film grain look but now that it's on SyFy I think it's always crisp and clean looking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts