Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raw was better than smackdown lately due to proper balance between heels and faces, both are of same quality eg the set of reigns, Rollins, Balor as face and set of Joe, strawman and Miz as heel, while in Smackdown you got heels who are poor in ring workers so as long as both faces collide in match we didnot get the big match feel because there are huge difference between quality of heels and babyface eg Nakamura, Styles, Orton, Zayn, Jericho, Cena all are great in ring entities and when they collides with Mahal, Corbin, Rusev, Ziggler the quality of the product always dwindle. Stop blaming Mahal for this decline because their is hell lot of difference between heels and babyfaces, that's why we got lot of great matches in 2016 pre brand split..

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Re: Smackdown's real concern is here..

The heels are either too buried (Ziggler and Rusev) for people to give a shit or too new and Green (corbin) or were pushed too quickly after jobbing for too long (Jinder)
There's also Kevin Owens who character was ruined beyond repair
They are poorly booked to the point that it's reduc

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
21,164 Posts

They have no rising star that they're willing to put the time in for.

Look at the main event scene for Raw and then look at the main event scene for Smackdown - they could pretty much replicate it on Raw with Cena, Owens, Rusev and Styles yet they won't.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,476 Posts

Corbin is a lot better in the ring than people want to admit. Look at his series of very good matches with Kalisto, Styles, etc. last year. Ziggler is one of the best in ring workers in WWE despite the IWC turning on him. And Rusev is no slouch either. The problem is the heels are all just treated like pathetic jobbers on SmackDown.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts

The big problem is that 75% of the roster has virtually no momentum at all. Last year on SD you had guys like Miz, Ziggler, Styles, Ambrose etc. shining on a weekly basis, whether it be through promos, segments or matches. They had good storylines which people were invested in, now barely anyone really feels special despite having a fantastic collection of not just in ring workers, but charismatic wrestlers too (Owens, Zayn, Rusev, Cena, Charlotte, Becky etc...) who are stagnating due to poor creative decisions, one of the most entertaining acts on the show in Breezango barely wrestles, but they're getting people's attention because they're going outside the box and are doing something unique. We need to see more of this. Jinder certainly isn't the problem either, because he's been slapped with a generic character and just randomly lost clean to Randy Orton in a TV match to help build a feud lower down the card.

·
Baby Yoda
30,260 Posts

No momentum and the heels are weak.

Orton needs to turn heel and work as one of the top two heels on the show with KO.

Ziggler could be a third with a repackage. Change the goofy name, get a new look and get serious.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts

All they've to do is the Heel turn of Randy Orton & strip the title off of Mahal & bam! SDL is great again.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,476 Posts

No momentum and the heels are weak.

Orton needs to turn heel and work as one of the top two heels on the show with KO.

Ziggler could be a third with a repackage. Change the goofy name, get a new look and get serious.
An Orton heel turn could be really good, and hopefully open up the possibility of a Styles v Orton feud that for some reason WWE seem to be doing all they can to avoid.

And I'm all for a Ziggler repackage. Maybe one last good run for the guy to make up for all the time she's been sabotaged by the WWE.

·
Registered
929 Posts

SD should be the better show hands down be the better show with the amount of talent they have on there. AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Nakamura, Randy Orton & where's Luke Harper?! Putting him in Dark matches like ffs. He can go in that ring, but he's fighting in dark matches instead. I think the only issue is them not having counter heels who will compliment well with these wrestlers, other than a Kevin Owens and AJ Styles.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,500 Posts
I still think that Randy Orton never should've lost the WWE title to begin with. A world title match at Summerslam between him and Shinsuke Nakamura sounds more compelling.

btw I might not be a fan of his, but Baron Corbin did have some good matches: :shrug

- Baron Corbin vs Kallisto Chairs match (TLC 2016)

- Baron Corbin vs AJ Styles vs Dolph Ziggler (Smackdown 12/27/16)

- Baron Corbin vs John Cena vs AJ Styles vs Bray Wyatt vs Dean Ambrose vs The Miz (Elimination Chamber 2017)

- Baron Corbin vs Dean Ambrose Street Fight (Smackdown 4/4/17)

- Baron Corbin vs AJ Styles vs Sami Zayn (Smackdown 4/11/17)

- Baron Corbin vs Sami Zayn (Backlash 2017)

- Baron Corbin vs AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn vs Dolph Ziggler (Money in the Bank 2017)

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Dunno what you guys are on about. Smackdown has been heavily improved since Battleground. Way better than RAW.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
The main problem with Smackdown is the name. The Brand needs a major name change. I would call it "WWE Undisputed".

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Nakamura as a Heel is actually an interesting idea
He was a Heel in his Last run in New Japan and Strong Style fits a Heel more than a Face anyway, if they wanted a NJPW Face they should have bought Tanahashi

·
WF's Resident One Piece mark
1,251 Posts

They have no rising star that they're willing to put the time in for.

Look at the main event scene for Raw and then look at the main event scene for Smackdown - they could pretty much replicate it on Raw with Cena, Owens, Rusev and Styles yet they won't.
Corbin, Mahal, Nakamura (feel bad he's lumped with these guys) and idk who tf else. Thats the main event scene on Smackdown :dead3

They have the title scene completely ass backwards, Styles and Owens should be for the WWE title, Nakamura and Mahal should be for the US.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts

Corbin, Mahal, Nakamura (feel bad he's lumped with these guys) and idk who tf else. Thats the main event scene on Smackdown :dead3

They have the title scene completely ass backwards, Styles and Owens should be for the WWE title, Nakamura and Mahal should be for the US.
Nakamura vs Mahal should never be a feud for anything. You can't have two guys who can't work a mic in a feud together. I also predict this will be the worst ppv match of Nakamuras career.

·
WF's Resident One Piece mark
1,251 Posts

Nakamura vs Mahal should never be a feud for anything. You can't have two guys who can't work a mic in a feud together. I also predict this will be the worst ppv match of Nakamuras career.
Worst PPV match has already happened with Baron Corbin, this will just add to his catalogue. Its a shame, watching his match with Ibushi, and seeing him perform the way he has, its just a fucking shame.

EDIT: I'm still going to stick by him because he's my dude and all, but fuck, this man hasn't bested his Sami Zayn match YET.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts

Worst PPV match has already happened with Baron Corbin, this will just add to his catalogue. Its a shame, watching his match with Ibushi, and seeing him perform the way he has, its just a fucking shame.

EDIT: I'm still going to stick by him because he's my dude and all, but fuck, this man hasn't bested his Sami Zayn match YET.
He's had great matches before. his match with Tanahashi was amazing and of course with the phenomenal one. But he really hasn't been the same guy in the wwe except for the great match with Zayn.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts