Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Buried SCOTT STEINER
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that SyFy is offering WWE more money for Smackdown than My Network TV, but could they lose rating? Many people don't have cable and I'm sure there are lots of wrestling fans who don't have cable. The one's who don't have cable pretty much went with Smackdown as thier main show to watch. And the sad thing about it is My Network TV will have no orginal programming, just fucking reruns and wrestling fans with no cable will have nothing to watch. Will their be a drop in ratings?

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
WWE has always been on cable over here, so I' sure it wont make too much of a difference to Smackdown cos people who want to watch it that much would just pay for the cable.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
More people get syfy don't they?

NXT gets around a 1 rating with around 1M viewers.

So SD gets around 2.5M viewers on mynetworktv so if they get around 2.5M viewers for SD, they'd be getting in mid 2 ratings.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
WWE has always been on cable over here, so I' sure it wont make too much of a difference to Smackdown cos people who want to watch it that much would just pay for the cable.
The only reason i get sky sports is because of the football and tennis aswell as wrestling if their was nothing else worth watching on their channels i wouldnt bother subscribing and just watch smackdown/RAW on youtube im sure theirs many people who would do the same.

·
8,232 Posts

So SD gets around 2.5M viewers on mynetworktv so if they get around 2.5M viewers for SD, they'd be getting in mid 2 ratings.
Not how it works.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
I don't believe it will lose viewers at all. People don't tune into MynetworkTV because it has nothing to offer. While SyFy has some good shows and other offerings. If anything Smackdown will get better ratings come October.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts
I had no clue that I even had MyNetworkTV until Smackdown moved to it.

It was buried in a sub channel of channel 3, 3.2

On the other hand, I watch SyFy. I imagine that more people are aware of there being a SyFy channel than MyNetworkTV.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well apart from Syfy, you can watch all wwe shows on YouTube now, which is like the biggest website on the planet, and you can go on wwe.com

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Ratings points are determined by number of houses the station is broadcast to, so I'd expected the rating to go up if WWE manages to maintain their current audience.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
From what I've seen and read, although SyFy is not in as many homes as MyNetwork its supposed to be far better produced and advertised, I think SmackDown! will do alright but I don't think Vince really cares what kind of rating it gets as long as RAW does well

·
Registered
8,335 Posts

Thats not how it works mate, the rating is a percentage of the viewing figures for that time on that particular night, Teusday Nights might not have as many viewers as Fridays nights, so the same amount of viewers on a Tuesday Night would equate to a higher rating than it would get on Fridays

1 - 13 of 13 Posts