161 - 180 of 1342 Posts

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Re: SmackDown TV Ratings Thread: THE A-SHOW ON FOX

AEW loses a big amount of viewers and its no big deal

Smackdown does it.....And Fox is going to cancel....LMFAO

The hate some of you got for WWE is weird
Fox is NOTORIOUS for cancelling shows that do double what SmackDown does. TNT is not trying to get 2 million viewers, they're just happy with the million or so people that non WWE wrestling draws.

·
C Mac G
6,121 Posts

"It's not a sprint it's a marathon lmao"

:heston
That quote is literally fucking hilarious considering they've been sprinting and blowing their load on the shows the past week.

They literally sprinted and did a rush job to get NXT on TV, they sprinted a take over quality show with limited commercials to undermine AEW, and they sprinted out The Rock, a Lesnar title match and the Owens/Shane blow off in a ladder match on the Smackdown premiere.

Shit that is absolutely not sustainable, but yeah, it's not a sprint.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts

They may as well just go full blown Attitude Era again, doing edgy shit for ratings is at least more sustainable and affordable than having to bring in a bunch of old part timers, celebrities and athletes from other sports every episode.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

AEW loses a big amount of viewers and its no big deal

Smackdown does it.....And Fox is going to cancel....LMFAO

The hate some of you got for WWE is weird
Fuck outta here with this shit.

This is a company that blatantly calls us dumb fucks, and played a huge part in killing wrestling with asinine decision making; most of which were just to spite the fans for liking something they didn't.

You may be happy to sit there and be labelled a gullible idiot for liking wrestling by the company itself, but there's some of us who don't put up with that shit, and the millions of viewers that have left over the years reflect that.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts

Honestly the ill-conceived draft room segments and the pro sports commentators "analysis" were a big turn off for me. Mind numbingly, eye rollingly bad.
Yeah, I hated that too. I didn't care about any of these Fox "personalities" and them rambling on about football drafts or whatever. I don't think we even get Fox in any form in my country so why would I care about what these people think?

I REALLY hope that kind of stuff is cut from future shows cos it's gonna be a bad time if it continues...

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
1,704 Posts

I’d just take it as them experimenting how to integrate that stuff Fox wants before they shift it all to their Backstage show, whenever that starts. With Fox seemingly getting so involved while ultra-cheesy, I take it as a good sign they want to push this rather than instantly cancel. But we’ll see.

·
The Elemental BB
474 Posts

I'm not surprised, the debut episode on a big network would get a lot of views before the drop off in the following week plus The Rock was on the first FOX Smackdown as advertised, which no doubt got a lot of people.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
16,460 Posts

I am happy to know I was one of those that helped contribute to that fall in ratings. Kofi being champion made me tune in, Brock being champion made me tune out. No need to watch Smackdown.

I couldn't even care about the draft and I used to love draft shows of WWE back in the day. Just don;t care anymore. I'm sticking with AEW and NxT I'm afraid.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Vince Russo has been calling for that exact Bayley heel turn for over a year. We know he’s met with Fox executives about consulting.

If the ratings continue to decline, maybe he’s back full time?

·
Banned
13,336 Posts
They should be happy with this.

Can’t expect the rating to be similar to the first week.

If they work hard, they could draw back some of those people.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

I'd expect Fox to cancel Smackdown once Smackdown gets down to 2-2.25 mils every week.

60,001 Posts

Turns out the final rating is slightly lower than what we thought. The following is from wrestling inc. https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/10/wwe-smackdown-viewership-update-660750/

The final numbers are in for Friday's WWE Draft edition of SmackDown and the show drew an average of 2.877 million viewers, according to Showbuzz Daily.

The early overnight numbers released on Saturday had the show averaging 2.899 million viewers across both hours - 2.925 million in the first hour and 2.872 million viewers in the second hour. The new numbers have the show doing an average of 2.877 million viewers, down from the overnight estimate of 2.899 million viewers.

SmackDown drew a 0.7 rating in the 18-34 demographic, a 1.0 rating in the coveted 18-49 demo, and a 1.1 rating in the 25-45 demographic. SmackDown topped the night on network TV in the 18-49 demographic. Hawaii Five-O was next with a 0.7 rating.

Friday's viewership is down from last week's 3.888 million viewers for the FOX premiere, which was also the 20th anniversary special. The FOX premiere drew a 1.0 rating in the 18-34 demo, a 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic, and a 1.6 rating in the 25-54 demo.
Like where this trend is headed. :bjpenn

·
it's a tarp!
5,281 Posts

(Barely) interestingly WWE's youtube subscriber total has risen from 40 million in February to 56 million today.

It seems as though viewers are increasingly willing to watch a 3 minute highlight, rather than stomach the 2 hour slog.

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts

(Barely) interestingly WWE's youtube subscriber total has risen from 40 million in February to 56 million today.

It seems as though viewers are increasingly willing to watch a 3 minute highlight, rather than stomach the 2 hour slog.
I have noticed recently the 50m+ figure. I didn't realize it was recent that they reached it, I assumed they had a lot as a couple of their videos have over 75m views.

60,001 Posts

I will be overly optimistic and hope that Smackdown drops to 2.5 million tomorrow. That's most likely way too steep of a decline, but the comedic value would be huge. :bryanlol

161 - 180 of 1342 Posts