Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1335 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Re: SmackDown TV Ratings Thread: THE A-SHOW ON FOX

Wonder how many didn't bother tuning in the moment they heard Seth and Roman are opening the show :lol ... the free fall has started and its just week 2... Expecting it to go back to the 2.0 or so mark where Smackdown was before.

·
Baby Yoda
29,829 Posts

"I wonder which one of the Fox executives in the war room is holding the receipt, requesting the 30 day refund policy."

:heston

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

Brock (part time), Cain (most likely part time), Roman, Bray and Braun.

That's their main event scene.

The show is going to be cancelled.
Its funny how Fox wanted it to be more sports orientated, yet all of the best wreslters are on Raw .

If Fox wanted SD to be the sports show it should have AJ, Bryan Owens, Joe, Cesaro, Ricochet, etc

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts

It is what it is at this point.

Reactions: Clique and Ace

·
Registered
2,304 Posts

The Rock is much bigger than the WWE, so this isn't a surprise. Dude is the GOAT though for sure, still has this kind of drawing power after all this time, not even Austin and Hogan can pop a number like that.

Smackdown will be in the early 2 mils in a matter of weeks. Fox has to be thrilled.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts

People are watching alternatives (more now than ever) yet a draft might be a person's only exposure to this?

I'm sorry but your friends just sound soft honestly. People are gassing AEW as I type this, talking about how they haven't felt this way about wrestling in years which is honestly dope. They still had a decrease in ratings and people talked about how there first 2 weeks were good, they'll have another decrease next week. This isn't even a shot at them as a decrease was expected (atleast from people with some common sense) but it's only so much you can do now. .

It's a thread about a brand under the WWE in a reply about the WWE like of course that's how the reply was gonna go man lol. My point from the beginning has always been this isn't a WWE thing, AEW, TNA, NJPW, it's a wrestling isn't in anymore thing
The person I'm talking about is more of a life long fan and still doesn't put much of an effort to watch other brands. And it makes sense. You have to learn a new card and reinvest into these storylines. It takes time to care, which should be obvious considering that most of the booker's job is to get people to care. Do you think this is to his being "soft" or, more than likely, the typical reality of human nature wrestling fandom? Now imagine if you're a casual, who, by definition, puts even less effort into choosing a brand.

AEW dropped because, A) It was a premier and B) There was nowhere near enough character work to justify people's return. But even that ignores one reality. AEW didn't even start with anywhere near as much of a audience as you'd expect if what you say is true. If AEW had all the hype in the world, but declined the second week because of a lack of interesting the industry, why weren't its initial numbers even higher?

Can you honestly say AEW has as big of a casual audience as is possible? WWE, as sucky as it is, still does over 2.3m. What's inherent about the WWE audience makes this unattainable for other companies?

The brand. That's what. AEW, as good as it is, is still a new brand. Until this changes, the WWE will remain the biggest draw. And when the most powerful brand is notoriously bad in quality, it will look like the ceiling is low, even when it very well might not be.

To sum this all up. AEW's decline has nothing to do with "wrestling is dying." It has to do with a new brand trying to grow in an industry that is depressed by the terrible market leader.

And to my point about the focus on WWE as oppose to the industry as a whole; well the context of my comment had nothing to do with what WWE felt about all this, as that, overall, isn't super important to the point.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts

Oh well, it is what it is. No big deal. Draft is hard to book a show around. Y'all saying it will be cancelled know nothing about business. SmackDown was amazing the first week and ok this week. It'll be fine. Has the better roster so far too.

·
Registered
17,307 Posts
Does anybody know how many more households fox is in because losing 1 million viewers is definitely pretty big of a deal however I don't think there's no need to panic yet but again a million viewers lost is not good

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts

well im not surprised, they completely went overboard on the first show including as many people as possible to get a big rating. it was inevitable that theyd run out of steam.

but to put it bluntly: a million people saw that SD! was on, thought "hmm I saw that last week! .... it sucked. i'm not watching again". that is really a bad sign.

·
Registered
136 Posts

AEW loses a big amount of viewers and its no big deal

Smackdown does it.....And Fox is going to cancel....LMFAO

The hate some of you got for WWE is weird

141 - 160 of 1335 Posts