Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 1335 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Re: SmackDown TV Ratings Thread: THE A-SHOW ON FOX

Look at you so upset at the truth. 300k people watched Rock more on TV. But 6 MILLION more watched Brock on YouTube. Social media is what counts these days. Try harder next time.
LOL dont belive the fake WWE pay for view clicks the WWE does on their social media. WWE pays to get those views that hight. Its also pretty cheap to inflate youtubre and twitch likes with fake accounts.
Also youtube and twitter likes or views mean NOTHING if they are not buying the network to watch the WWE or switch over to watch them on Fox or USA which they are not.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
LMAO at anyone seriously comparing The Rock’s star power to Brock Lesnar who has little to no real star power in mainstream media. That’s the audience WWE is apparently targeting.

Brock looks like a legit world champion but he’s not putting eyeballs on TVs or butts in seats. This feud with Cain Velasquez is as weak as water. Nearly zero interest and I doubt WWE Network subscriptions will go up for their blood money match in Saudi Arabia. The ratings have gone down!

Meanwhile, The Rock is filling movie theaters, arenas, and TV screens on a global scale.

It’s an insult to The Great One to make such a baseless argument.
Let me ask you this. If Rock does a boxing match, is he going to sell more PPVs than Mayweather? No why because Floyd is the biggest draw there.

Like I posted earlier Brock/ Cain segment has 9M views on Youtube. Rock/Becky has 3.4 million views. Why do people keep assuming that all of Rock's movie fans are interested in his WWE stuff?
Why are you comparing Rock to Maymeather?
TV ratings and ticket sales clearly hold more weight than YouTube views.

I want to see the WWE Network subscription numbers for Brock/Cain and what the draw on TV every week since this is suppose to be such a big money feud.

I predict the numbers going lower, but it’s on then to draw interest.

I thought it should go without stating The Rock’s appeal in Hollywood, wrestling and pop culture in general, but if you don’t know then you missed the boat.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

Yikes, I figured it would drop, but it would be offset by the Draft which has historically been a big ratings mover. I guess that's what happens when you've conditioned the fans to think the split is a giant meme.
Here is the scarey thing for WWE to think about until next week.

What is this draft is a ratings moving for fox and these numbers are high because it was the draft? what if the numbers drop even lower next week because its not the draft

·
Registered
8,847 Posts

Here is the scarey thing for WWE to think about until next week.

What is this draft is a ratings moving for fox and these numbers are high because it was the draft? what if the numbers drop even lower next week because its not the draft
Absolutely, the draft probably is PROPPING UP the current numbers. I see a significant further drop in the coming weeks back to its core base, which is 2.3-2.4.

They "should" still average more than they did on USA when they were doing 2.0s and 2.1s, but it won't really be that much more I bet.

·
Registered
737 Posts

Did anyone really think that SD or even AEW were going to continue to pull in huge numbers like they did their first weeks? Cmon, anyone with half the brain of Sid should know wrestling isnt that popular any more. Everything is going to come back down to reality in about a month and we're going to see what the numbers really look like.

·
Registered
22,722 Posts

Did anyone really think that SD or even AEW were going to continue to pull in huge numbers like they did their first weeks? Cmon, anyone with half the brain of Sid should know wrestling isnt that popular any more. Everything is going to come back down to reality in about a month and we're going to see what the numbers really look like.
Nah SmackDown should do better given how many homes FOX is in.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

Ouch that's a comical drop off. They better walk Alexa like a dog, do Taker versus Sting or something, rekill Vince, something
None of that will help. The only thing that would make the sinking ship slow down (not stop) is Rock coming back full time. Maybeeeee Austin, too.

And since neither of those will ever happen, they're fudged.

121 - 140 of 1335 Posts