Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1335 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Re: SmackDown TV Ratings Thread: THE A-SHOW ON FOX

You do know both of those things can be true right?
Yes. I am aware. But I think people are being less enchanted by wrestling because the leading example of the sport is WWE.

If fake draft "war rooms" filled with bad actors and interns is a person's only exposure to this, do you actually think they'll make an effort to find a good promotion or assume all wrestling is garbage?

·
Registered
937 Posts

Last week the fans were promised The Rock and other stars. This week had the draft gimmick, but no real stars. That's why viewership declined.

They advertised Rollins vs Reigns before the show to try and hook fans. But neither are over like the stars of previous eras.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts

Yes. I am aware. But I think people are being less enchanted by wrestling because the leading example of the sport is WWE.

If fake draft "war rooms" filled with bad actors and interns is a person's only exposure to this, do you actually think they'll make an effort to find a good promotion or assume all wrestling is garbage?
Funny because for as long as I've been on here, I always have people constantly tell me about all these alternatives to WWE that they swear people are watching.

Why would it be WWE's problem that everyone would jump to a negative conclusion? I don't eat 1 cheeseburger at McDonalds and if it tastes bad just think all of them are trash. You're acting like wrestling just fell outta the sky last week and people don't know what it is lol If it's 2019 and you don't know the premise of it, tell me how the bitch ain't dying if theres more of it now than ever?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

Is that what you marks always do when you're corrected on something you were obviously wrong about? Going down my list of favorite wrestlers (who I like because of their charisma, mic skills and in-ring talent, of which they all surpass Brock by miles in), doesn't change the fact that Brock isn't a draw. BROCK PARTY was a complete fail this summer :lol You put him besides the Rock when he isn't even in the same league.

And ofc he will have more value than Kingston and Rollins. Look at how they were buried last night.
Lol that Rock and Becky segment has 3.4 M views on YouTube. Brock/Cain segment has more than 9M views.

Brock is a much bigger draw than you imagine. Which is why Vince keeps going back to him.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts

Funny because for as long as I've been on here, I always have people constantly tell me about all these alternatives to WWE that they swear people are watching.

Why would it be WWE's problem that everyone would jump to a negative conclusion? I don't eat 1 cheeseburger at McDonalds and if it tastes bad just think all of them are trash. You're acting like wrestling just fell outta the sky last week and people don't know what it is lol
People are watching alternatives. They're just scattered.

Anyway, to your second point, I will give you an example. I know life long wrestling fans who are completely burnt out with the concept because of years of being jerked around by WWE. These people, I am certain, wouldn't feel this way if WWE was actually exciting and fun to watch. They know there are alternatives, but can't be bothered to watch them because what I think is WWE's admittedly successful branding as being the only legitimate source of wrestling in town.

Just look at the way you worded the bold. You framed the issue as one for WWE and not for the industry as a whole. Why? Because WWE is so much associated with wrestling, its reputation becomes the sport's reputation.

McDonald's is big, but the hamburger is bigger; however, WWE is wrestling in the minds of most people. And that perception will take YEARS to change. Until then, when WWE makes a fool of itself, as it so often does, it makes a fool of the industry.

This is bad because WWE is no where near as good as wrestling can be.

·
This is my show now
1,358 Posts

Lol that Rock and Becky segment has 3.4 M views on YouTube. Brock/Cain segment has more than 9M views.

Brock is a much bigger draw than you imagine. Which is why Vince keeps going back to him.
yet, troll, look at the ratings now :lol The Great One's segment had the highest ratings of the entire show. Brock is shit compared to him :lol

·
Registered
526 Posts

Brock is a draw, not on the level of The Rock (no one is) but he can still draw

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

yet, troll, look at the ratings now :lol The Great One's segment had the highest ratings of the entire show. Brock is shit compared to him :lol
Look at you so upset at the truth. 300k people watched Rock more on TV. But 6 MILLION more watched Brock on YouTube. Social media is what counts these days. Try harder next time.

·
This is my show now
1,358 Posts

Look at you so upset at the truth. 300k people watched Rock more on TV. But 6 MILLION more watched Brock on YouTube. Social media is what counts these days. Try harder next time.
But, troll, more people wanted to watch Cain and WWE spammed that video all over their social media to begin with. :lol @ you trying to argue that Brock is a bigger draw than the Great One.

·
Registered
12,000 Posts

Ouch

They lost more than 1M viewers and it was a draft
As I predicted.

I also predicted next week, it will drop again huge. I said in 2 weeks after the FOX debut, the ratings will drop 50% from that 'huge' number everybody saw week 1.

People only watched for the debut and some stayed for the draft.

Those war rooms :heston

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

But, troll, more people wanted to watch Cain and WWE spammed that video all over their social media to begin with. :lol @ you trying to argue that Brock is a bigger draw than the Great One.
You see Mr. Cringe, Brock is a bigger draw within the WWE/MMA universe. The Rock is a big draw in Hollywood but that doesn't mean all his movie fans will tune in to watch him in WWE. Rock might be a beast in Hollywood but Brock is the beast in this universe.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts

Well Rock cut a 10 minute promo for $5M. Brock gets about the same, also for 10 minutes of work per year. So I´d say they are about equal.

·
This is my show now
1,358 Posts

You see Mr. Cringe, Brock is a bigger draw within the WWE/MMA universe. The Rock is a big draw in Hollywood but that doesn't mean all his movie fans will tune in to watch him in WWE. Rock might be a beast in Hollywood but Brock is the beast in this universe.
No, creepy troll, Brock isn't a big draw anywhere. The Great One is a big draw in WWE and Hollywood. The only thing Brock draws is the steroid pharma business.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
LMAO at anyone seriously comparing The Rock’s star power to Brock Lesnar who has little to no real star power in mainstream media. That’s the audience WWE is apparently targeting, right.

Brock looks like a legit world champion but he’s not putting eyeballs on TVs or butts in seats. This feud with Cain Velasquez is as weak as water. Nearly zero interest and I doubt WWE Network subscriptions will go up for their blood money match in Saudi Arabia. The ratings have gone down!

Meanwhile, The Rock is filling movie theaters, arenas, and TV screens on a global scale.

It’s an insult to The Great One to make such a baseless argument.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts

People are watching alternatives. They're just scattered.

Anyway, to your second point, I will give you an example. I know life long wrestling fans who are completely burnt out with the concept because of years of being jerked around by WWE. These people, I am certain, wouldn't feel this way if WWE was actually exciting and fun to watch. They know there are alternatives, but can't be bothered to watch them because what I think is WWE's admittedly successful branding as being the only legitimate source of wrestling in town.

Just look at the way you worded the bold. You framed the issue as one for WWE and not for the industry as a whole. Why? Because WWE is so much associated with wrestling, its reputation becomes the sport's reputation.

McDonald's is big, but the hamburger is bigger; however, WWE is wrestling in the minds of most people. And that perception will take YEARS to change. Until then, when WWE makes a fool of itself, as it so often does, it makes a fool of the industry.

This is bad because WWE is no where near as good as wrestling can be.
People are watching alternatives (more now than ever) yet a draft might be a person's only exposure to this?

I'm sorry but your friends just sound soft honestly. People are gassing AEW as I type this, talking about how they haven't felt this way about wrestling in years which is honestly dope. They still had a decrease in ratings and people talked about how there first 2 weeks were good, they'll have another decrease next week. This isn't even a shot at them as a decrease was expected (atleast from people with some common sense) but it's only so much you can do now. .

It's a thread about a brand under the WWE in a reply about the WWE like of course that's how the reply was gonna go man lol. My point from the beginning has always been this isn't a WWE thing, AEW, TNA, NJPW, it's a wrestling isn't in anymore thing

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

No, creepy troll, Brock isn't a big draw anywhere. The Great One is a big draw in WWE and Hollywood. The only thing Brock draws is the steroid pharma business.
You are suck a dork lol. Anyways keep telling yourself that.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

LMAO at anyone seriously comparing The Rock’s star power to Brock Lesnar who has little to no real star power in mainstream media. That’s the audience WWE is apparently targeting.

Brock looks like a legit world champion but he’s not putting eyeballs on TVs or butts in seats. This feud with Cain Velasquez is as weak as water. Nearly zero interest and I doubt WWE Network subscriptions will go up for their blood money match in Saudi Arabia. The ratings have gone down!

Meanwhile, The Rock is filling movie theaters, arenas, and TV screens on a global scale.

It’s an insult to The Great One to make such a baseless argument.
Let me ask you this. If Rock does a boxing match, is he going to sell more PPVs than Mayweather? No why because Floyd is the biggest draw there.

Like I posted earlier Brock/ Cain segment has 9M views on Youtube. Rock/Becky has 3.4 million views. Why do people keep assuming that all of Rock's movie fans are interested in his WWE stuff?

101 - 120 of 1335 Posts