Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1335 Posts

·
Banned
13,336 Posts
Re: SmackDown TV Ratings Thread: THE A-SHOW ON FOX

In 2019, we can celebrate 3 million viewers.

In 1999, we would be pissed off.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
"WWE is dying" :brock4
There’s a difference between dying and dead. Raw 25 wasn’t that long ago and they did 4.5 million. Now they can’t come close to that on broadcast tv with Rock heavily advertised and this show supposedly heavily anticipated with an expected title change. At some point you run out of cushion for these 750k to 1 million drops. You have to turn the trend around or at least stabilize things.

·
Registered
12,000 Posts

"WWE is dying" :brock4
You know that rating is going to drop 50% in 2 weeks right, hell maybe even this week. I'll give you the draft episode, but this rating here is the highest it will get.

No more Rock, no more '1st time', no more curiosity. It will always drop. Shit is on Friday nights. This is the peak of what WWE can offer today.

·
Registered
5 Posts

WWE SDL ranked #13 for the week on broadcast TV. LIVE TV is dead, so SDL getting 1.4 on a Friday is considered a HUGE success. Fox also ranked #1 for the week.

·
Registered
754 Posts

H1: 2.925M [8th]
H2: 2.872M [9th]

2H: 2.899M

H2 | H1: [ - 0.053M | - 1.81% ]

W-W:
2.899M | 3.869M [ - 0.970M | - 25.07% ]

SDF | RAW:
2.899M | 2.334M [ + 0.565M | + 24.21% ]

Y-Y:
2.899M | 2.135M [ + 0.764M | + 35.78% ]

·
Registered
1,481 Posts

But remember, this is because wrestling is dying, and not because WWE is terrible.

That's the line, isn't it?

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts

FOX wanted the key demo above 1.0, so not that great considering that this was the draft episode.

·
Banned
2 Posts

I doubt Fox cares as long as they're winning the 18-49 demo.

·
C Mac G
6,104 Posts

Yikes, I figured it would drop, but it would be offset by the Draft which has historically been a big ratings mover. I guess that's what happens when you've conditioned the fans to think the split is a giant meme.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts

Dayum. It´s like some former wrestling fans decided to check out AEW & SD, and decided: Nah still don´t care about it anymore.

Meanwhile at Fox...

81 - 100 of 1335 Posts