Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1335 Posts

·
This is my show now
1,358 Posts
Re: SmackDown TV Ratings Thread: THE A-SHOW ON FOX

This week had The Rock, Lesnar an others. Will those stars be there every week? Unlikely. Eventually, WWE will have to draw on Friday evenings with the likes of Rollins, Bryan, etc. That's when the real struggle will begin, unless they make new stars.
Brock has never been a draw :lol to put him in the same category as The Rock is a joke.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts

I’m actually not impressed by that number. Broadcast network, huge promotional wave before hand (some of it lies), and the Rock... can’t crack 4 million. I don’t think they drew many new viewers, just lapsed fans tuning in out of curiosity.

And seeing as how they utterly failed with creative, watch the show implode from here on out with no Rock and “debut” hype.

Reactions: Rated-R-Peepz

·
Registered
937 Posts

Brock has never been a draw :lol to put him in the same category as The Rock is a joke.
The Rock is a much bigger draw than Brock, granted.

But Brock generally has a positive influence on viewership. Put Bryan or Rollins against Kingston last night and the viewership would be less.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts

A Friday night and going up against CBS's new episodes of "must see TV" established line up. That is impressive as hell. If CBS was in re-reuns, and that Dish Network problem wasn't going on. Easily would have pulled in a 4.5.

And about the Rock stuff. Yeah, well Rock wasn't pulling in "new" viewers. That CBS demo dosen't even know who the Rock is. They ain't standing in line to see his movies. You're trying to beat CBS and ABC on Friday nights.. This is the goal. Rock isn't' gonna wow anybody(it was a nostalgia thing last night), and he's a one off anyway. ... Buddy Murphy is gonna wow somebody. Showcase guys like him.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts

Very good number for a friday night. They won't have The Rock again for a while though, so we'll see. I saw a lot of comments on twitter like "giving WWE a try tonight won't do it again" so I think they could lose about a million of those viewers. We'll see anyway.

·
This is my show now
1,358 Posts

The Rock is a much bigger draw than Brock, granted.

But Brock generally has a positive influence on viewership. Put Bryan or Rollins against Kingston last night and the viewership would be less.
No he doesn't :lol the ratings increased after he left for the NFL with Cena as FOTC and then declined steadily upon his return. Only the alpha geeks of the IWC get pumped for when he's on TV.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts

Not getting that rock/ all ppv match card bump will make 3 a stretch. Good debut numbers though

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts

No he doesn't :lol the ratings increased after he left for the NFL with Cena as FOTC and then declined steadily upon his return. Only the alpha geeks of the IWC get pumped for when he's on TV.
1) Eddie Guerrero drew less than Brock as world champion. As did JBL. Cena was indeed a bigger draw than him.

2) His return actually improved viewership earlier this year. The Rollins vs Styles programme bombed viewership to new lows.

I am not saying that he's a mega-draw. But it helps to have him on the show. He has more value than Bryan, Kingston and Rollins.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Very good number for a friday night. They won't have The Rock again for a while though, so we'll see. I saw a lot of comments on twitter like "giving WWE a try tonight won't do it again" so I think they could lose about a million of those viewers. We'll see anyway.
Yeah, this isn't a bad number for them. Even if the ratings plummet, they've at least established what they're capable of, which will be good news overall (for them).

They know it won't last, too, but they don't care. They got it.

Brock's been a draw, but he's well past the law of diminishing returns. That they even need to bring someone from the outside in to feud with Brock should tell you that Brock needs help to draw.

I don't see how Brock Lesnar Title Run #287424 is going to help WWE, even with the visibility of Fox. He's beaten everyone, he's been beaten by the guys they wanted to beat him, there really isn't much left except bringing in former UFC guys or bringing in CM Punk for a hotshot feud.

·
Baby Yoda
29,829 Posts

Great number, but how much of that was Rock, Austin, Goldberg, Hogan and Sting?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

This was my exact prediction. I knew it would be near 4 million, but a few under. so much promotion, FOX, The Rock. Lesnar Main eventing for top belt.

I should work for Seltzer at this point, stay predicting outcomes. I called Jinder winning pre-liminaries to qualify for championship and knew he'd win. sheeeeeeet .... I'm better than Meltzzeer.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts

:lmao

Vince has killed prowrestling

Expect at least 500k decline next week.

·
Registered
733 Posts

They won the night based on the ratings demo 18-49 which is a good start for Smackdown.

·
Registered
11,824 Posts
The voice (NBC), 911 (fox), this is us (nbc), masked singer (fox) and Thursday night NFL on Fox are the only things to beat SD in the 18-49 this week (Monday to Friday).

Nothing on ABC or CBS beat it

·
Registered
6,688 Posts

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,171 Posts

The question is was that a good enough show to retain all those new eyes? I thought it was a good show to show to hardcore WWE fans but it's not the show I would've shown to new/lapsed fans.

Reactions: Ace
41 - 60 of 1335 Posts