Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1335 Posts

·
The Elemental BB
474 Posts
Re: SmackDown TV Ratings Thread: THE A-SHOW ON FOX

I would say the ratings would be high for a first show on a new network.

·
Registered
458 Posts

It will likely do a better rating just because it was hyped.

The plus points.

1. The set is a far superior effort than the generic RAW set.

2. Kevin Owens finally ousted Shane McMahon in a solid outing.

3. The Rock was on form with his guest appearance.

The negatives.

1. WWE title match was ridiculous , it was like sending the message that "Hey Kofi, you worked hard for us the past few months but get off the stage whilst we salivate over a non wrestler MMA fighter instead".

2. Could not care less about MMA fighters personally, I tune in for wrestling and wrestlers, Buddy Murphy, Asuka, Apollo Crews, Andrade, Ali etc are wasting away in the back while these outsiders take all the spotlight and air time every single time. Is it any wonder no one can get over?

3. Having Tyson Fury one of the biggest pieces of human trash to enter the sporting world on the show was a insult to every Be a Star rally this company has ever held. This guy condones hatred against gay people and said he would kill if a woman was being promiscuous and believes that Jewish people are scum. The man is a brainwashed evil bigot. So that was a instant turn off for me.

4. The show was the same old complacent going through the motions formula with no positive improvement on how talents are presented.

5. False advertising, nowhere near the amount of guest appearances they advertised happened. If this is going to be FOX influence by having non talents like Velasquez and Fury take priority over the actual product fans would like to see then they can keep it and if they do go that route you can guarantee the ratings will bomb and FOX will jettison the garbage when the contract is up.

·
The Elemental BB
474 Posts

Ratings are in, they did 3.8 Million
Pretty much around what I expected though I wonder how much of that had to with the fact The Rock was making an appearance, let's see how follow up episodes do.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
159 Posts

I was honestly expecting 4 and above with the biggest star in Hollywood on the show.The number is good but next week they won't have The Rock.

·
Registered
8,847 Posts

It was about what I was expecting, between 3.5 and 4.0 million. It is neither great nor bad. They probably should have hit 4 million, but it was well better than 3 million which was the low end.

·
Ho!
17,556 Posts

Good number, but expected considering they had THE ROCK there (plus a Brock Lesnar match advertised and the overall hype around it being Smackdown on Fox). That said, I imagine it will continue beating Raw in the ratings for awhile - but I doubt it comes anywhere close to this number again.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

I was honestly expecting 4 and above with the biggest star in Hollywood on the show.The number is good but next week they won't have The Rock.

The whole dish network thing definitely screwed them. I could easily have seen 4.5 if such a large viewer base wasn’t cut away at the last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,824 Posts
Destroyed everything on ABC/CBS and NBC in key 18-49 demo

SD has a chance of winning Friday pretty much every week in key demo because the audiences for the other shows like Blue Bloods, Hawaii 50 etc skews old

Yeah Dish dispute probably cost them few hundred thousand viewers

·
Registered
937 Posts

The viewership the week after RAW 25 decreased massively. 4.5 million to 3.4 million.

This week had The Rock, Lesnar and others. Will those stars be there every week? Unlikely. Eventually, WWE will have to draw on Friday evenings with the likes of Rollins, Bryan, etc. That's when the real struggle will begin, unless they make new stars.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts

Good rating, almost 4m for a Friday night. The key is sustaining it, i think averaging 3m every week will be a massive success in the current TV climate.

21 - 40 of 1335 Posts