Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1130 Posts

·
C Mac G
5,966 Posts
Re: SmackDown TV Ratings Thread: THE A-SHOW ON FOX

Any predictions for the viewership of the first show? Is 4 million out of the realm of possibilities?

I'll watch this show live, but there is no way Smackdown is taking my Friday night every single week.

·
Registered
8,091 Posts

3.5 million is my guess. I can see it doing much better too, but I could also see it going below 3 million.

·
C Mac G
5,966 Posts

I think it'll definitley settle in at under 3 million, but this first show is going to be massive. FOX, Lesnar match, Owens/Shane in a Ladder match, Austin(although his drawing power has really diminished).

·
Registered
54 Posts
First week I am going for 3.5million, second week around 3.2million and then it will settle at around 2.8/2.9million. Big increase but I believe it can happen - AEW and FOX are increasing the interest in wrestling in general

·
Registered
1,300 Posts

The hype show did 1.4 million. So I'd say 4 million is probably not realistic.

Probably 2.5-3million. It has publicity but publicity does not always lead to ratings.... And wrestling is a niche program.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts

They've done a great job promoting this (i've seen the same damn Smackdown promo's all weekend and during college football games) but I don't think they get 3.5 mill like some are predicting. Would love to be wrong but it's still gonna be a Friday night

·
it's a tarp!
4,977 Posts

It will be interesting to see what USA replaces Smackdown with, and what that gets in the ratings.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts

I'm gonna say the first show will be under 3 million, then slowly drop every week when people realize that this is still the same old WWE with Vince still calling the shots.

·
Registered
1 Posts

They've done a great job promoting this (i've seen the same damn Smackdown promo's all weekend and during college football games) but I don't think they get 3.5 mill like some are predicting.
https://surveyprize.net/

·
Sports Entertainment Enthusiast
806 Posts

did aew beat smackdown ratings last week?

·
Premium Member
484 Posts

That’s total viewership, not ratings. All thing considered dynamite came quite close to the first Raw of the season, (0.89 vs. 0.68)
You can't compare ratings like for like when they are on different days of the week. That's why total viewers is used.

A lot more people are watching TV on a Monday Night due to NFL Monster figures. So Raw overall Rating will always be lower than same viewers on a Wednesday.

Anyway i'm predicting around 4.5m. This is stacked as fuck. But we're gonna see a massive drop next week

·
Registered
2,704 Posts

Fox at 8pm Friday last year had a comedy block led by Last Man Standing, on October 6th it pulled 6 million viewers with a 1.3/7 in the target 18-49 demo so they have an established key demo audience for Friday night viewing. Fox has used every form of cross-promotion possible to make their viewers aware of the Smackdown Live launch so exposure to their viewers is also not an issue.

Fox will be aiming for an ambitious average of ~5 million for the first 30 mins and holding as much of the audience as possible over the 2 hours. Anything over 4 million will be a success, anything under 3.5 million would be seen as a failure. The demos will also be very interesting, Fox didn't pay a fortune for Smackdown to dominate the 50+ audience - it must hit the key demos or it will also be a failure.

I think they'll hit somewhere around the 4 million average over 2 hours tonight, demos probably won't be quite where they want them though.

1 - 20 of 1130 Posts