Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm home, so here are some more in-depth results;

- Arena was about 3/4 full, if not more.
- Way too many people got huge pops to name. This is Canada after all and we love our wrestling.

DARK MATCH
*Alicia Fox pinned Tamina.
- Alicia got a nice pop, likely due to being the first person out. Better than I expected. No really bad botches or anything. Fox's axe kick looks so sick live.

NXT
- Darren Young, JTG, Matt Striker, and William Regal promo. Basically Darren Young called him and JTG the new school. He also said Regal is a has-been and Striker is a never-was. Regal and Striker asked them how it would feel to get their behinds kicked by two veterans. Match was added for Main Event. Regal was VERY over.

* Percy Watson and Titus O'Neil defeated Tyson Kidd and Derrick Bateman. Titus pinned Bateman.
- Solid enough match from three newcomers. Tyson Kidd kept things in check and while it didn't keep you on the end of your seat, it didn't make you want to rip out your eyes either. Small, small Tyson Kidd chants.

- Backstage segment with AJ and Maxine. Something about Hornswoggle being missing? I don't watch NXT normally, so it beats me.

* Maxine pinned AJ.
- Pretty damn solid divas match, especially for two rookies. Maxine is a lot better than I had expected and who doesn't love AJ? Maxine got in a lot of offense which built nicely to the underdog hope spots for AJ. Lots of "Let's go AJ" chants. She's getting over.

* JTG & Darren Young defeated Matt Striker & William Regal. Young pinned Striker.
- LOTS of Regal chants. Just crazy over for someone who is never on TV. Match was about what you'd expect - solid but unspectacular. Striker & Regal were good on offense though.
~ POST MATCH: The Uso's came out and beat down JTG & Young. Unexpected. (After the cameras stopped rolling, Regal & Striker threw them back in the ring and they both got double superkicks from the Uso's).

SUPERSTARS
* Ezekiel Jackson beat Tyson Kidd by submission.
- About what you'd expect. Tyson tried to make Big Zeke look good, but the match wasn't very long.

* Brodus Clay pinned Mike Colbourne (I think)
- Same match, different opponent.

* The Uso's defeated Johnny Curtis & Trent Barreta. One of the Uso's pinned Barreta after a top rope splash.
- Johnny Curtis played heel the entire match. During their entrance, Barreta was up on the turnbuckle posing for the crowd and Curtis walked up, poked him, waved him down, and then stole his spot on the turnbuckle. He also made lots of blinds tags when Barreta was close which Barreta kept raising his arms about. Despite being the best worked match so far, this got a loud "this is boring" chant. Then again, the crowd was retarded because they were clapping for the Usos and Trent Barreta at different parts of the match.

Booker T got a ridiculous pop. Michael Cole got more heat than anyone on the show (except maybe Hunico).

SMACKDOWN
- Edge opened the show to RIDICULOUS pop. Loudest I've ever heard at a wrestling show before. He said the usual stuff about loving Toronto and all the fans here. And missing wrestling. Said he hates when he walks into a room now and he doesn't hear his theme music or pyro. Cody Rhodes (with his mask) interupts, coming down and brags about his win over Randy Orton. Edge says he doesn't know how someone as Charismatic as Dusty Rhodes gave birth to Cody. Cody gives a paper bag to Edge and tells him not to put it on, but to take it home so every time he looks at it, he can know who the face of Smackdown is. Edge hands it back, saying if Cody Rhodes is the face of Smackdown, he thinks Smackdown needs the paper bag more than he does. Edge says that he thinks Cody is going to keep talking but he doesn't want to fall asleep, so he's just going to leave. Cody goes nuts and gets out of the ring and starts screaming at the crowd. He tells one guy that he needs two paper bags. As Cody is walking along the barricade yelling at the fans, a guy in a paper bag sucker punches him. It's Ted DiBiase!! DiBiase gets a pretty damn good pop. DiBiase drags Cody into the ring and hits Dream Street. Ted poses and then goes out of the ring and nails Cody's paper bag men on the outside. Awesome segment. Cody got great heat and lots of "You Suck" chants.

* Daniel Bryan d. Sin Cara (Hunico) by Disqualification.
- Neither guy got pops like I was expecting. Sin Cara got a decent pop, and Daniel Bryan's was a little less. DB got a few nice chants throughout the match. Great match while it lasted. Absolutely loved it, but they needed more time. Daniel Bryan was in the tree of woe, and Sin Cara kicked him about 10 times. The ref pulled him away but Sin Cara went back and started booting him again. The ref counted to 5 and disqualified Sin Cara.
~ POST MATCH: Sin Cara's music hits and HOLY SHIT!! IT'S MISTICO! Mistico runs down, does his trampoline entrance into the ring. Sin Cara and Sin Cara stare down at each other. Mistico raises his arms and the crowd goes absolutely crazy. Hunico raised his arms and was met with a chorus of boos (really good heat). They stared each other down and Hunico leaves the ring while Mistico poses. The craziest part is that most of the little kids were confused, so only the Smarky part of the crowd reacted and the reaction was still nuts.

- There was a couple of backstage segments mixed into one. The first was Teddy and Zack Ryder. Long told Ryder to let Henry and Orton know about the no contact rule again. Ryder looked upset. Long said "woo woo woo, don't blow it." Aksana came in and said something about a massage but Trish walked in. Not sure what they said cause the crowd went a little bonkers.

* Beth w/ Natalya pinned AJ w/ Kaitlyn.
- Short match. AJ is still hot though. AJ got the jobber entrance. Beth Phoenix was very over. Not enough time for the Let's Go AJ chants to start.

- Trish and Edge were backstage. Talked about nothing important. Christian comes up (to a great pop) and tells Edge that he misses him. They hug and the crowd goes absolutely crazy. Then Christian gets heat back on himself by saying Edge owes him for Summerslam and should go ask Teddy to give Christian one more match. Edge gives Christian a "what the fuck" look and Christian asks Edge if he thinks he doesn't deserve it. Edge says you're acting like a little ... Christian cuts him off and tells him not talk to him again. Zack Ryder runs up after and tells Edge that he has to tell Mark Henry and Randy Orton about the no contact rule (that Teddy had told him earlier). Trish and Edge laugh it off and Ryder runs off.

* Justin Gabriel & Sheamus defeated Christian & Wade Barrett. Gabriel pinned Barrett.
- Christian got a good pop but there were some boos mixed in from the segment he just had with Edge. Barrett and Gabriel got little to no reaction. Sheamus was VERY over. Crowd loved him. His story this week was retarded until the end where he said "I needed a tag-team partner. I couldn't find the AxER, I couldn't find the SmashER, so I brought in the 450 SplashER." Nice to see Demolition get a shout=out. Match was pretty good with Gabriel getting worked over by the heels for most of the match. Sheamus clotheslined Christian out of the ring and he backed off as Wade Barrett got hit with the brogue kick. Sheamus tagged in Gabriel who hit a beautiful 450 Splash for the pinfall, which the crowd went nuts for.
~POST MATCH: Christian got back in the ring and was about to attack Sheamus, but Sheamus turned around. They stared at each other, and Christian slowly backed out of the ring and up the ramp. Sheamus & Gabriel celebrate.

* Khali d. Heath Slater by Disqualification.
- Match was short. Jinder Mahal came about about 15 seconds into the match and interfered shortly after. Khali took out Mahal and Slater and stood tall.

* R-Truth w/ The Miz pinned Evan Bourne w/ Kofi Kingston.
- Air Boom was very over. Truth was RIDICULOUSLY over. Like absolutely crazy. Biggest pop (minus Edge) on the show so far. Crazy. Short match, but good while it lasted. Bourne did a hurricanrana while Truth was on his knees. Looked fucking awesome. Bourne missed a SSP off and hurt his foot (kayfabe, I think). Truth clipped his foot, hit his finisher, and pinned him.

- The Cutting Edge was next. Edge comes out first and thanks the fans again. Orton Overall the segment was meh, but Edge was entertaining. Orton basically says Henry isn't quite good enough and is a failure. Mark Henry says things haven't went his way until now. Edge leaves and says.. The Cutting Edge is over, so the no contact rule is lifted as of now. Orton and Henry fight. Teddy waves out the job squad (off the top of my head -- The Uso's, Trent Barreta, Johnny Curtis, Derrick Bateman, Tyson Kidd, Zack Ryder, among others) to split them up. They hold them apart for awhile, but then Orton breaks free and runs at Henry... right into a World Strongest Slam. Henry beats up everyone else and tosses them out of the ring (very unsafely, I might add). He splashes Orton a few times and then holds up the World Title.
~POST CUTTING EDGE (DARK SEGMENT) - Truth & Miz come out and get RKO'd. So stupid.

- OFF AIR EDGE APPRECIATON NIGHT
~ If you've seen the Ric Flair appreciation, this was similar. Trish comes out first and there are two photos in the ring. She brings out Edge and asks him if he remembers the moments of each photo. He does. They talk for a bit. Edge calls Trish hot.

Christian's music hits and he comes out. Christian says that no matter what happened earlier, he'll always be his best friend. Christian stopped talking for a second and says Nevermind - after a brief pause, he says they aren't just friends, there are more than that. They are brothers. Edge starts to get emotional. Christian says he's brought some people who were important in Edge's life. Christian brings out Edge's Mom (Thank You Mom chant), Edge & Christian's trainers, Edge's college roommate, and RYHNO (decent sized Rhyno chant). They all come down to the ring.

Edge saying thank you to Christian. Hugs his mom and all the other people. The entire Smackdown roster comes out to the ring, clapping their hands the whole way down. Edge hugs the roster and says a few words about PS Michael Hayes, Rhyno, his mom, his trainer, etc. Christian gets the mic again and says he has so much stuff he wants to say, but he's forgetting it all. Christian tells Edge he loves him. Edge gets really emotional after that.

Trish says they have one more guest - Bret 'Hitman' Hart. Hitman looked a lot better than he normally does. His hair wasn't greased, and he just looked younger than the past few times I've seen him on TV. Bret Hart comes down and talks about how he invited Edge & Christian up to his house for some extra training. Bret says how Edge always excelled at everything. Bret says there isn't much else that can be said accept.. "Edge ... You are the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be."

Edge's music hits and everyone celebrates. Heath Slater & Sheamus put Edge on their shoulders. Shortly after, everyone leaves.

Edge and Christian are in the ring. Christian goes to leave and the crowd begins to scream "5-second pose! 5-second pose!" Edge waves Christian back in and says something like "Oh, you guys know about the 5-second pose?" Edge says the 5-second pose originated from two scrawny ass white kids who wanted to be WWE Superstars doing ridiculous karate poses in the mirror. Edge & Christian have the longest 5-second pose EVER. The crowd goes crazy the whole time. Some people in the crowd were crying legitimately. It was pretty emotional. Absolutely amazing moment. Edge soaks in the cheers for a few more moments before leaving.

END.

·
Asuka
96,245 Posts
re: Smackdown Spoilers

Smackdown: Edge came out to say thank you. Crazy loud pop. Rhodes interrupted. Cody getting good heart.Cody gave Edge a paper bag to take home. Edge said he's got to leave cause he'll fall asleep. DiBiase returned and hit cody with dream street. Big pop.
Boy, do I know what he's talking about...

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,594 Posts

Here comes that Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes feud absolutely nobody wants to see. And people thought Rhodes beating Orton mattered. :lmao

Fingers crossed that if anything comes out of this, it will be a new theme for Teddy. I can't bear that bullshit he's been using.

·
Asuka
96,245 Posts

Here comes that Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes feud absolutely nobody wants to see. And people thought Rhodes beating Orton mattered. :lmao

Fingers crossed that if anything comes out of this, it will be a new theme for Teddy. I can't bear that bullshit he's been using.
People just don't listen. I told everybody that this was just an excuse to build Mark Henry going into Night of Champions and Cody wasn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts

Well Rhodes needs an opponent for Night Of Champions. Feud probably won't last long. btw, Rhodes beating Orton then interrupting Edge is pretty good momentum. He's on a push.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts

* Edge opens Edge Appreciation tonight and gets a monster ovation fro the Toronto crowd. Edge says it feels good to be back home. Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes interrupts Edge and runs him down, then talking about his victory over Randy Orton on RAW. Cody gives Edge a brown paper bag but he gives it right back. Edge says Cody should put the bag over all of SmackDown and leaves.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts

Boy, do I know what he's talking about...
You seem to care enougj about Cody to the point you always metion him, Cody is great on the Mic, why do you think hes uses the mic every week? oh yea he sucks on the stick yet he csn draw instant heat. Edge is gonna say anything to winover the crowd. Cody has proven he can cut promos, look at his dashing work. His masked Gimmick holds him back yet he can still be good.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts

You mustve not seen Raw lastnite,you could hear crickets fart when he came out. Yeah,he really gets heat.

1 - 20 of 386 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.