Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 208 Posts

· Broski of the Week
6,966 Posts
Edge vs. Dolph Ziggler for the World Heavyweight Championship with Vickie Guerrero as the special guest referee. Vickie keeps fast-counting Edge, getting more heat than anyone on the show. Vickie Spears Edge and goes out with an ankle injury. Edge Spears Dolph Ziggler twice. Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews comes out wearing a referee shirt and makes the three count. After the match, he and Edge celebrate with their title belts to end the show. Huge pop for Matthews and Edge. All the Packers at the show join them in the ring.
credit: wrestling news world

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
yeah at this point its either Taker or WHC match for Barrett both are huge either way .
Facing Taker isn't gonna do shit for him. He's got no chance of ending the Streak and that's the only way he's got a chance at following HBK the past 2 years.

He needs to be in the WHC match. Hell, he was the one who SHOULD have won the Royal Rumble instead of ADR, but of course, they drop the ball with him. He should've won the belt when he was controlling Raw and contracting the most ungodly heat this side of JBL, but they dropped the ball too. I don't know what WWE's problem is. It's like they trust him in any top position as long as it doesn't include winning the title.

EDIT ~ Oh, thank GOD, Edge is still the champion.....I've never been so happy to say that.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Layla didnt win :(

· Registered
317 Posts
Sounds like a good SmackDown this week.

Also, just one brief comment on this:

Facing Taker isn't gonna do shit for him. He's got no chance of ending the Streak and that's the only way he's got a chance at following HBK the past 2 years.

He needs to be in the WHC match. Hell, he was the one who SHOULD have won the Royal Rumble instead of ADR, but of course, they drop the ball with him. He should've won the belt when he was controlling Raw and contracting the most ungodly heat this side of JBL, but they dropped the ball too. I don't know what WWE's problem is. It's like they trust him in any top position as long as it doesn't include winning the title.

EDIT ~ Oh, thank GOD, Edge is still the champion.....I've never been so happy to say that.
I agree wholeheartedly with your second paragraph, but I still think that facing Taker at WM could do him a world of good, especially if he gets close to ending the streak.

· Banned
10,470 Posts
Holy shit Clay Matthews in a WWE ring? I'm there. I wasn't so sure about Edge's chances of retaining while I was reading the spoilers but considering Ziggler wasn't wearing the belt on NXT tonight I should have known better. At this point the title belt should be off of Edge. Anybody's better than Kane but I'll just keep waiting now for Edge to lose to somebody better than him like Alberto Del Rio.

· Registered
5,163 Posts
I was wrong about Edge losing the world title to Ziggler this week, but i'm also relieved. Dolph Ziggler's eventual world title win should be monumental in a PPV, not in a random episode of Smackdown. Not to mention that i doubt majority of the fans would buy him as a world champion at this stage, he still needs some more time to prove that he's fully ready.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly with your second paragraph, but I still think that facing Taker at WM could do him a world of good, especially if he gets close to ending the streak.
How exactly can it do ANYTHING for him? He's already a top heel. It's not like a good showing is going to increase his profile or something.

He's got to win the fucking title already, that's all that can help him now.

· Registered
1,604 Posts

have faith Wade will be a World Champion I'm actually glad they didn't give him the belt when he was in Nexus yes he was getting heat but with his smug arrogant attitude getting heat wont be that hard plus i don't think WWE wanted another unbuilt Champion like Sheamus on there hands i wouldn't be surprised if Sheamus doesn't get another Title reign until 2012 now they realize what a silly idea it was to put it on him so quick .

when Barrett wins a World Title he wont have that problem as he has had some real heel build plus he has a strong faction behind him who themselves have been booked strong so far hope they turn Corre into the PG eras Evolution .

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
I know he's going to win the title at some point. They're going to have to do it. I just can't STAND seeing the title heaped on to mounds of human garbage like Sheamus and Swagger while they wait with Barrett. At least with Del Rio, they're getting it right. I completely understand why he's about to win, although I still think Barrett should've gotten it first. I don't want "proper build", I just want him to get his title reign. We can deal with build after he wins the title.

· These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
15,652 Posts
I know he's going to win the title at some point. They're going to have to do it. I just can't STAND seeing the title heaped on to mounds of human garbage like Sheamus and Swagger while they wait with Barrett. At least with Del Rio, they're getting it right. I completely understand why he's about to win, although I still think Barrett should've gotten it first. I don't want "proper build", I just want him to get his title reign. We can deal with build after he wins the title.
I see it as them protecting Wade since his reign would look like a transitional one, giving it to him after WM would bring the chances higher of having a dominate run.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
I don't care if they're protecting him, I just want him to get his title reign and get it over with. I don't want him to be another Kennedy and get hurt right before he's supposed to win it and then end up a failure.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
tbh i like Sheamus but agree with you the fact they give him the Belt so quick was garbage not once but twice im so glad that Wade is on Smackdown Sheamus was a victim of over booking his opponents namely Cena & Orton Swagger had potential but WWE ruined it by making the Big Show bring Swagger down to Shows mediocre level plus Mysterios Superman booking .

· These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
15,652 Posts
I don't care if they're protecting him, I just want him to get his title reign and get it over with. I don't want him to be another Kennedy and get hurt right before he's supposed to win it and then end up a failure.
Well fuck if you are that eager to see him as champ, just do it in SVR 11 :lmao

· Registered
1,604 Posts
WOOOOOO Edge is still YOUR WORLD CHAMPION!

Now Dolph, go get your blandy ass back to the mid-card where you belong my friend.
totaly agree with you the guy is all flash no substance we have seen a million of his kind before .

· Registered
1,604 Posts
41 - 60 of 208 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.