Wrestling Forum banner

Smackdown **SPOILERS** for 2/11/11

26365 207
Source: lordsofpain.net

*SPOILERS* WWE SmackDown Tapings for 2/11/11
By Marc Middleton
Feb 8, 2011 - 9:40:38 PM

Thanks to Mike for the following WWE SmackDown spoilers, airing February 11th on SyFy:

Dark Match:

* Percy Watson defeated Chavo Guerrero

SmackDown:

* Members of the Green Bay Packers are in attendance.

* The show opens with Alberto Del Rio. There are balloons in the ring and a red carpet. Kofi Kingston comes out and interrupts Del Rio, tearing up the celebration. This leads to a match between the two.

* Del Rio defeats Kofi Kingston with his armbar finisher in a non-title match.

* Backstage segment with Edge talking about the World Title match tonight.

* Justin Gabriel defeated Vladimir Kozlov. The Corre attacks Vladimir and Santino Marella after the match.

* Drew McIntyre comes out and dedicated his next match to Kelly Kelly. Drew beats Chris Masters with his DDT.

* Backstage segment with Rey Mysterio talking about his match against Wade Barrett tonight and Cody Rhodes.

* Wade Barrett comes out and says he will win the Elimination Chamber and be World Heavyweight Champion at WrestleMania. Barrett vs. Rey is up next.

* Wade Barrett beats Rey Mysterio with help from The Corre. They beat Rey up after the match until Big Show makes the save. Show gets slammed by Ezekiel Jackson.

* Kane beats JTG in a squash.

* Two backstage segments with LayCool and then Vickie Guerrero.

* WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres beats Layla after some tension with Michelle McCool.

* Edge defeats Dolph Ziggler for the World Title. Vickie is your typical heel referee in this one. She spears Edge and goes down. Edge then spears Dolph Ziggler twice. Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews runs in wearing a referee shirt to make the pin. He and Edge celebrate with belts after the match.
Sorry mods. Didn't know the other site was off limits.
Reactions: iMac
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Good win for ADR. :eek:

Hopefully they don't do anything stupid tonight like having that idiot Ziggler win the WHC, as was rumoured last week. I doubt they'll do it but you never know with WWE.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Swagger should write a book called "From champ to jobber in 30 seconds".

I'm expecting Big Show to challenge Zeke to a match at EC.

I also got a feeling Ziggler may walk out champion tonight only for Edge to regain it at EC making his reign completely pointless.
Actually, it should probably be "from jobber to jobber with a title back to jobber".

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Was it a clean victory though?
No, but that's not the point. The point is, you get the job done, no matter what the cost.

unFORTUNEately............... swagger will be the man or at least one of the top dogs in a few years...by 2013
Maybe. I do think he'll get another push down the line, but for now I'm hoping they totally drop him.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
yeah at this point its either Taker or WHC match for Barrett both are huge either way .
Facing Taker isn't gonna do shit for him. He's got no chance of ending the Streak and that's the only way he's got a chance at following HBK the past 2 years.

He needs to be in the WHC match. Hell, he was the one who SHOULD have won the Royal Rumble instead of ADR, but of course, they drop the ball with him. He should've won the belt when he was controlling Raw and contracting the most ungodly heat this side of JBL, but they dropped the ball too. I don't know what WWE's problem is. It's like they trust him in any top position as long as it doesn't include winning the title.

EDIT ~ Oh, thank GOD, Edge is still the champion.....I've never been so happy to say that.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly with your second paragraph, but I still think that facing Taker at WM could do him a world of good, especially if he gets close to ending the streak.
How exactly can it do ANYTHING for him? He's already a top heel. It's not like a good showing is going to increase his profile or something.

He's got to win the fucking title already, that's all that can help him now.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
I know he's going to win the title at some point. They're going to have to do it. I just can't STAND seeing the title heaped on to mounds of human garbage like Sheamus and Swagger while they wait with Barrett. At least with Del Rio, they're getting it right. I completely understand why he's about to win, although I still think Barrett should've gotten it first. I don't want "proper build", I just want him to get his title reign. We can deal with build after he wins the title.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
I don't care if they're protecting him, I just want him to get his title reign and get it over with. I don't want him to be another Kennedy and get hurt right before he's supposed to win it and then end up a failure.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
i also updated his move set and attributes he is an overall rating of 93 for me
I've done some updating as well. I put it in a few new moves to his moveset. He has a clear version of the Corre theme as his entrance music, albeit it's the second theme so it's now outdated. :rolleyes: I also have him at 93 because I upped his charisma, grapple and durability. I made the Nexus armband all black, so it's as non visible as possible. Unfortunately, you can't take it off him because THQ are cheap bastards and can't do something No Mercy did 11 years ago. I changed his brand to SmackDown, I also updated his friends to Gabriel, Jackson and a Slater CAW, and his enemies to Cena, CM Punk and Otunga.

Can't believe this conversation has gone from Barrett being WHC to SmackDown vs Raw. >_>

Don’t get me wrong though, I think Ziggler is a tremendous wrestler but I seriously have never witness someone who is just so out of his league then him. He has absolutely no presence whatsoever, he looks nothing more then just your typical wrestling henchman for bigger stars like JBL’s cabinet or Edge’s La familia.

I give Miz so much shit about his presence of being a World Champion but if Miz and Dolph stood next to each other, The Miz will instantly look like The ROCK in presence and star quality.
Thank you. Somebody else gets it. This is why I consider Ziggler so worthless, he just CANNOT stand out. I've never seen anybody be so forgettable. This guy couldn't look like a bigger star than his opponent if he was wrestling the Miz girl.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Why do people think Rey is a booker and can decide whether he wins or loses? Rey "let" Barrett go over him, or was Wade booked to go over Rey?

No shit, he's a top face! Top faces always win.

Sammartino always won.
Hogan always won.
Bret Hart always won.
Shawn Michaels always won against guys who were twice his size. Gee, why does that sound familiar?
Austin won all the time.
Cena wins all the time.
Hence why people say things like Rey "let" so and so beat him. Top faces tend to have leverage. It's clear as day that the reason ADR debuted with a win over Rey is because Rey asked for it because ADR comes from the same type of background that he does.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
-Wade hasn't won a title yet because he hasn't proven to be anything on his own. I'm not knocking the guy because I'd like to see him get a run as well but we have no idea how he'll fair when he isn't in a heat magnet of a group. Hopefully they put him in a high profile singles feud when The Corre splits to see if he can stay over, then strap him.
So he's only been in stables...so what? Sheamus didn't prove to be anything on his own and they gave him the belt, and Miz and ADR aren't exactly setting the world on fire with their reactions, but both of them are headlining WrestleMania. I mean, fuck, I love Miz and ADR, but if they can headline WRESTLEMANIA with the reactions that they're getting, then there's no fucking excuse to not put the belt on Wade regardless of what he's "proven".

If WWE really cared about reactions, then Kofi Kingston would've been a world champion by now.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
ADR vs Kofi could still happen at the PPV. They'll probably put the Intercontinental title on the line, though and have Kofi win by a DQ or something, thus keeping the belt but allowing ADR to not get pinned before WM.

Ziggler will win SmackDown's Money In The Bank match (well, it could be Barrett, I guess, but he wouldn't really fit as a MITB holder), he'll get his reign later. If he got his reign now, he'd probably end up worse than Swagger since Edge is 100% winning the EC.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Well, well, well...Edge continuing to bury talent just as when Big Show and Mysterio are starting to lay down and PUT OVER guys more and more leading to Mania. Vickie Guerrero is STILL THE MOST over character in the industry. Are they really gonna break up LayCool where McCool would be exposed without Layla's charisma to carry her? Got to see it to believe it. Del Rio CONTINUES to go strong as he should. After all, it's DESTINY. Sounds like a fun Smackdown and it's good to see Del Rio and Barrett continue to look strong heading towards the PPVs coming up. It's the right thing for the business.
So what if Edge is "burying" Ziggler, don't you hate him?

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Well, he may have no credibility, but to be honest, he's probably gonna win the SmackDown MITB at the MITB ppv and become world champion regardless. Wins and losses mean nothing anymore.

They're giving him an awful lot of attention, even if it results in him looking like a fool. Obviously Edge is going to be crushing him in the build now because he's the main event for WM, he has to.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.