Wrestling Forum banner

Smackdown Spoilers and Discussion 2/18

27073 275
http://www................../artman/publish/WWE/article10016801.shtml

1. John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, Edge, John Morrison, and R-Truth defeated Kane, C.M. Punk, King Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, and Drew McIntyre. After they all took turns hitting finishers, Rey hit a double 619 on Dolph and Barrett, then Edge speared Dolph for the pin.

As Edge celebrated, Vickie Guerrero came out to major heat. She said Edge assaulted Teddy Long, she can prove it, and he's fired. The coronation of Dolph will be later tonight. Edge slowly left to cheers to stay.

2. Maryse and Layla beat Eve and Beth Phoenix. Michelle McCool came out with Layla to do commentary, but she looked like she was limping. She's definitely hurt, as she has a cast on her right foot. Michelle interfered and sold it as if she injured her foot, but she was definitely already wearing a cast and limping beforehand.

3. The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston is in progress. Alberto Del Rio came out and distracted Kofi by whipping him with his scarf. Miz hit the Skull Crushing Finale and got the pin.

A graphic noted that Smackdown will pass Gunsmoke after 34 more episodes. It will be second on the list behind only Raw.

4. Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov defeated Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater by DQ to retain the WWE Tag Titles. The Corre members were DQ'd after the other members of the group interfered when Santino hit The Cobra on Gabriel. Big Show came out and saved the tag champs.

The Dolph Ziggler coronation angle is up next. As expected, Teddy Long returned. He opted to give Dolph the World Hvt. Championship, but he booked an immediate title match between Dolph and Edge.

5. Edge defeated Dolph Ziggler to win the World Hvt. Championship. Technically, Edge became the "new" World Hvt. Champion. After the match, Teddy fired Dolph, meaning there's an opening in the Elimination Chamber match. Edge dropped confetti while the live crowd sang goodbye to Dolph.
1 - 20 of 276 Posts

· Is a Snit Head
34,365 Posts
Re: Smackdown Spoilers 2/18

Don't me wrong the Edge/Dolph feud has been very interesting but I just can't shake the fact that it doesn't mean a damn thing. EC is on Sunday and both guys are already in the match. It doesn't matter who goes in champion. I guess I can understand Ziggler wanting to get the belt at all costs but Edge? I'm almost surprised he hasn't just cut the promo saying he doesn't care if he loses the belt because he's just going to win it back at EC anyway and go into WM as an 11 Time champion instead of a 10 Time champion.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts

The Dolph Ziggler coronation angle is up next. As expected, Teddy Long returned. He opted to give Dolph the World Hvt. Championship, but he booked an immediate title match between Dolph and Edge.
fpalm fpalm fpalm fpalm fpalm fpalm fpalm fpalm fpalm fpalm

WWE has hit a new low.

· These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
15,652 Posts

Don't me wrong the Edge/Dolph feud has been very interesting but I just can't shake the fact that it doesn't mean a damn thing. EC is on Sunday and both guys are already in the match. It doesn't matter who goes in champion. I guess I can understand Ziggler wanting to get the belt at all costs but Edge? I'm almost surprised he hasn't just cut the promo saying he doesn't care if he loses the belt because he's just going to win it back at EC anyway and go into WM as an 11 Time champion instead of a 10 Time champion.
I think its just a way to set a 3 way at mania.

edit: um, so who will fill the last spot lol

· Registered
3,194 Posts

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts

Time to put Christian into the EC 8*D...or Taker. :side:
It won't be Taker because of the 2/21/11 nonsense, but I swear to God, if they put Christian in the match and have him win to make it a 3 way, that would be the greatest thing ever. I'd actually let the Dolph win slide. Pity it'll never happen.

· Registered
908 Posts

OK, im going to try and contain myself here .............. Christian???????

Oh please god let it happen! PLEASE!!!!!

OK settling down, take deep breaths, back to reality.

· Registered
2,221 Posts

look im a big fan of edge and evrything so i dont mind him being an 11 time champion but what the hell is the point in him losing and winning the title on the same night???

Why cudnt teddy just keep the belt on edge, give ziggler his rematch and fire dolph after the match? thisway you still get the same result without the unnecessary title switch. I mean whats the point of the title switch??? it makes edges reign cut short and gives ziggler the belt for a half hour. just what is the point of that ???

This is just a really dumb move by wwe. they shouldve kep the damn belt on edge so he could have a good reign with the belt for once in his life and keep ziggler away from the title that way when he wins it he would have more buildup and not be a champion for just one night....

· These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
15,652 Posts

hmm they can add Christian as a feel good moment or they can have Dolph go back in the chamber. Logically, Teddy has the finale say unless someone higher goes over him, they can set up a vickie vs teddy at wm with ziggler and maybe drew? given what happen with kelly kelly.

1 - 20 of 276 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.