Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Really?
184 Posts
Re: SmackDown! ruined by Corre, anyone else wishes we one promotion without a heel gr

I'm enjoying it, when was the last time we had any decent stables in the WWE? I would say The Nexus is getting a little stale now that we've been left with Otunga, McGillishitty and Husky, CM Punk is the only good thing about that group. However, honestly, I became more interested in Smackdown when the Corre showed up so I don't think it is a bad thing for the show whatsoever.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: SmackDown! ruined by Corre, anyone else wishes we one promotion without a heel gr

If they were careful about it they could add some credibility to the Tag division with these factions, but that seems to be an afterthought.

I can learn to like the Corre as long as they don't continue down the road that they're on by just being a continuation of the old Nexus. The "pack of wolves assault individual face after 1-on-1 match week by week" thing is getting old.

Have them clash with Punk's Nexus in cross-brand matches, or have them make a goal of actually working toward a title rather than go after Big Show for no good reason.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts

Yeah, but its no coincidence that ratings has been high since they arrived. So eat your heart out.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts

Huh? You have two. Superstars and NXT.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts

I can see what you mean but Smackdown was shit for most of last year anyway. If anything, it has at least made it a little bit more interesting.

·
Registered
57 Posts

I can see what you mean but Smackdown was shit for most of last year anyway. If anything, it has at least made it a little bit more interesting.
I disagree, the end of 2010 was fantastic.
Ziggler had an epic IC title reign wherein he defended it weekly in triple threat matches; Del Rio, Swagger, and Ziggler all showed their tremendous wrestling talent; Rhodes and McIntyre actually added some credibility to the tag division; and Vickie drew tons of heat.

The only really lacking part of SD in my eyes was Kane's overly long reign and the stupid Paul Bearer angle they had going.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts

We had plenty of time there without a heel faction on EITHER brand. Early in 2010, people on this board were BEGGING for new stables and factions. Now we've got them, and people are still unhappy. Jesus.

·
The Shield
48 Posts

I don't think they've ruined SmackDown, I actually just started watching SmackDown again 3 weeks ago or so. I think from what I've seen on there in the 3 weeks and then Corre showing up, it added a little flavor to it.

·
Registered
534 Posts

They are the NWO of the WWE.

Both the Black and White (nexus) and Wolfpac (corre).

·
Banned
354 Posts

Nexus won't last, the corre will

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

I don't care for the corre, like I didn't care for nexus. If there going to jump people backstage every week like nexus did, then I don't want them around.

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts

We had plenty of time there without a heel faction on EITHER brand. Early in 2010, people on this board were BEGGING for new stables and factions. Now we've got them, and people are still unhappy. Jesus.
I dont know about that, I was never asking for more heel related factions. Im not down with the whole nexus/corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r e crap. You can't deny the ratings boosts at all thats for sure. but if you seperated them all out of their factions smackdown would have easily risen to the top without the groups.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts

What is everyones problems with the stables?

It's been YEARS since we've seen more than one stable in the WWE and now ppl hate it?

Other than spirit squad, how many other 4+ men stables have we seen in the wwe in the past 5 years?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts

How could they have ruined Smackdown when they've barely made an impact on the show whatsoever yet? If anything, they're being underutilized. Meanwhile, the "New Nexus" needs to go, just have Orton take 'em all out save for Mason Ryan and CM Punk leading up to the final weeks of The Road to Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts

The Corre's boring as fuck. Only good thing about them is Barrett. So yes, I'd like to see them gone.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts

I think the problem with the stables is that they are too similar. Both groups just go around beating the crap out of everyone. You get the same thing on both shows. Corre should probably turn face. The group just seems more like a face group. Only problem is Wade is such a perfect heel. They just need to do something different with Corre to make them interesting.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts