Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday night's episode of WWE Smackdown on October 29 scored a 1.65 rating, which was another low mark for the series since moving to Syfy one month ago. Last week's episode had the previous low with a 1.70 rating.

Smackdown averaged 2.44 million viewers over the course of the two-hour show. It was a low-mark on Syfy and down nearly ten percent compared to last week's 2.66 million viewers.

Looking at the key demographics, Smackdown hit Syfy lows among adults 18-49, males 18-49, and younger teen males 12-34 & 12-17. Only the rating for males 18-34 was up compared to last week.

Smackdown was hit hard among younger teen male viewers. Among males 12-17, Smackdown was down 32 percent compared to the October 22 Smackdown.

From Syfy's perspective, the positive takeaway is that Smackdown continues to be in the Top 5 on Friday nights among the male demographic.

The following is a break down of Smackdown's TV viewership through the first five episodes on Syfy capturing the pattern of an upward trend followed by a downward trend.

Oct. 1 - 2.52 million viewers
Oct. 8 - 2.61 million viewers
Oct. 15 - 2.88 million viewers (Syfy high)
Oct. 22 - 2.66 million viewers
Oct. 29 - 2.44 million viewers

I suspect that Smackdown has reached it's max of 2.9 million viewers and it might possibly go down as low as 2.2 million viewers on occasional basis. NOTE : Impact did 2.2 million viewers on January 4th (High = 3.4 million) and if iMPACT! makes some needed changes which I think they have started to make and go LIVE, they could compete ratings-rise with Smackdown in a few months.

·
Registered
996 Posts
look at this TNA suck-up newbie jabbing his mouth.
who cares about the freakin' ratings.
If WWE decides to put consistent effort to create some good shows week after week, ratings will automatically follow.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look at this TNA suck-up newbie jabbing his mouth.
who cares about the freakin' ratings.
If WWE decides to put consistent effort to create some good shows week after week, ratings will automatically follow.
I'm not a TNA suck-up newbie , a suck-up newbie would say something like this "TNA is perfect and is awesome" but i say "TNA needs to make some needed changes" ..... Please don't accuse me things that I'm not. When your in the business , rating's and profit means a lot.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I don't get why WWE doesn't just move SD back to thursday. The highest rating on a friday might not be able to compete with the lowest rating on a thursday.

They can just air SD on thursday and replay it on friday.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I don't get why WWE doesn't just move SD back to thursday. The highest rating on a friday might not be able to compete with the lowest rating on a thursday.

They can just air SD on thursday and replay it on friday.
it doesnt really matter,These days Raw is the Only Wrestling show that gets Big ratings..

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
I predicted months ago that when SmackDown moved to SyFy, that no matter how much they planned ahead or hyped it up, it's average ratings would be the same it was on MyNetworkTV. I was right.

·
pretending to be nice
1,492 Posts
Sorry OP, but there's a long way from TNA's 1.1 to SmackDown's 1.7, especially since TNA's been stuck in those ratings for years.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Sorry OP, but there's a long way from TNA's 1.1 to SmackDown's 1.7, especially since TNA's been stuck in those ratings for years.
There's not even a need to compare TNA to WWE. It lost the war before the war even started.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Bad ratings for good show.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I wonder what kind of idiot would be watching that horrible show called Smackdown. It's the worst wrestling show on TV this year by far! 1.7 is too much for that horrible peace of trash. So is 3.1 for the mediocre RAW!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I wonder what kind of idiot would be watching that horrible show called Smackdown. It's the worst wrestling show on TV this year by far! 1.7 is too much for that horrible peace of trash. So is 3.1 for the mediocre RAW!
Let me guess...tna is much better than smackdown and raw combined?
Case in point smackdown WAS very very stale a while back but things are picking up. Try watching last week's smackdown again, there was nothing horrible about it(except that divas segement)

Oh yeah there appears to be millions of idiots worldwide because we watch smackdown...Maybe it's not us that are the idiots, maybe it's just you not liking what you see. You have a right to your opinion but don't call other people idiots because you are unsatisfied with what you see, that might make you look like the idiot(which i doubt you are)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Let me guess...tna is much better than smackdown and raw combined?
Case in point smackdown WAS very very stale a while back but things are picking up. Try watching last week's smackdown again, there was nothing horrible about it(except that divas segement)

Oh yeah there appears to be millions of idiots worldwide because we watch smackdown...Maybe it's not us that are the idiots, maybe it's just you not liking what you see. You have a right to your opinion but don't call other people idiots because you are unsatisfied with what you see, that might make you look like the idiot(which i doubt you are)
Grown people watching kids show with childish segments and mediocre wrestling = idiots!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Grown people watching kids show with childish segments and mediocre wrestling = idiots!
Most Matches have been getting better recently and are alot better than mediocre, case in point being the main event of this weeks smackdown...Oh and you do realise it's PG?Still not everything is PG orientated as there are some stuff that i think can't always really be considered "PG"

I love ROH and TNA too, but TNA is trying to hard to be the anti WWE and it makes for sub par programming at times, no matter how much they cuss or bleed...

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I was quite shocked that the move to SyFy wasn't accompanied by a move to Thursdays. Friday are a ratings black hole, and while there is a TON of competition for ratings on Thursdays, it'd have the added benefit of pushing down TNA's numbers. I would love to hear some sort of rationale for keeping the show on Friday. It's not as if SyFy has any sort of incredible programming on Thursdays that can't be moved.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I was quite shocked that the move to SyFy wasn't accompanied by a move to Thursdays. Friday are a ratings black hole, and while there is a TON of competition for ratings on Thursdays, it'd have the added benefit of pushing down TNA's numbers. I would love to hear some sort of rationale for keeping the show on Friday. It's not as if SyFy has any sort of incredible programming on Thursdays that can't be moved.
WWE has no desire of taking risks at this level. That's why they are still PG. Yeah they could move on Thursday and could hurt Impact's numbers a little bit, but they also could end up with even less viewership .

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
I wonder what kind of idiot would be watching that horrible show called Impact. It's the worst wrestling show on TV this year by far! 0.5 is too much for that horrible piece of trash. So is a 0.4 for the mediocre REACTION!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i have said this about all wrestling shows on syfy. the ratings are going to stay around the same. syfy is just not a wrestling network and it comes on on friday at 8. what were people expecting. im suprised that the ratings were around the 1.7-1.8 mark for as long as they were.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
WWE should ask themselves if there are really that many people who aren't complete losers who spend their FRIDAY NIGHTS at home watching wrestling. How do you expect to bring in the casual fans when they're all out having fun while your show is on?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.