Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Come sweet death, one last caress.
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 5/11 edition of Smackdown did a 1.72 rating with 2,528,000 viewers.
Source: PWinsider.com

Just in case, the episode from the previous week did a 1.94 rating with 2,709,000 viewers.

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
For the sake of ratings, why the hell did they switch Mark Henry with Alberto Del Rio??? Mark isn't making a difference on RAW either. I have a feeling that Sheamus' World Title reign will continue to put in ratings at the 1.7-1.9 range.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Ratings shouldn't mean shit but I would assume when Henry and Bryan got higher ratings when they were champions was because it was new, fresh, and it meant something. We've already seen a title reign of Orton and we've seen Sheamus's kind of title reign and nobody seems interested. I say if Sheamus keeps along that range, he'll lose the belt by Summerslam.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
With it being Post-WM and neither Henry or Bryan being in the ME anymore it's expected that the ratings are gonna go down.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Ratings shouldn't mean shit but I would assume when Henry and Bryan got higher ratings when they were champions was because it was new, fresh, and it meant something. We've already seen a title reign of Orton and we've seen Sheamus's kind of title reign and nobody seems interested. I say if Sheamus keeps along that range, he'll lose the belt by Summerslam.

So going by that idea, the next time Smackdown is going to have good ratings will be when Wade Barrett or Cody Rhodes win the World Title?

·
Best there ever will be..
4,221 Posts
Sheamus
Orton
Del Rio
Jericho

This is the Smackdown ME scene right now. Jericho is coming of a disappointing feud with Punk where he looked to be out of his league. Del Rio gets as much reaction as his announcer. Orton and Sheamus are over with the casuals but can't carry a feud especially when both are faces. It will only split the crowd between the two and make it even worse.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
This, Barrett (for obvious reasons) and Kane too. Nobody wants to watch a show with guys like Hunico and Heath Slater on it.
And nobody seems to want to watch a show with Barrett either as he was as over as Del Rio before Big Show Burial Inc took him out (okay thats cruel, he's was a little more over then Del Rio).

But yeah, stupid booking at WM has tainted Sheamus, he's the coldest world champ since Swagger. But Jericho, Del Rio and Orton were in as many segments as he was so their somewhat to blame too.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
The ME is focused on Sheamus and Orton, I'm not surprised.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Did it have anything, AND I MEAN ANYTHING AT ALL to do with the fact that it was the road to wrestlemania? We were heading down the the path to one of the biggest Manias of all time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts