Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Come sweet death, one last caress.
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 6/15 edition of Smackdown did a 1.78 rating with 2,411,000 viewers.

*Previous week's rating: 1.76 rating with 2,476,000 viewers.
Source: PWinsider.com

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
As I said last week, Cena and CM Punk won't do anything to bring in ratings for Smackdown. Instead, they need to change the players in the WHC title hunt and get someone new to hold the WHC. Until that happens, the ratings won't improve.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Cena cant do jack for Smackdown.
Cena is only good for selling t-shirts to little kids. Other than that he is not a draw in anything, not ratings, not buyrates , not attendances .

Anyway Sheamus is worse than Orton as a champion so he is doing even lower numbers which makes me happy since the actually good champions that SD had (christian and Mark Henry) did good (christian) to fantastic (Henry) numbers .

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Doesn't surprised me.Smackdown is boring now with Ryback,Brodus Clay,Damien Sandow,...
I don't hate them but this is just too predictable

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Smackdown has more of a "Hardcore" Fanbase, due to the Wrestling fans being willing to give up a friday to watch Wrestling. Cena will draw in a Casual setting like Raw but not smackdown. It's a fact, there is a reason when Sheamus and Orton won the Title the ratings went to the toilet, and when Christian and Daniel Bryan had the title ratings were up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
heres an idea from Zak ryder ... i reakon there should be an internet championship which has matches streamed live on you tube like they do before a PPV .... give these guys a rest so that they have more energy to perform on those matches .... and what you'll see is the young stars from NXT actually have something to fight for plus its give those wrestlers a chance to be exposed before they start to take on the bigger guns on smackdown and raw .... might be an idea ... might bring depth and development into the WWE programming which I think is missing ... thats my stuff said ... anyone else?

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
What's the point of SmackDown anymore?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Cena is only good for selling t-shirts to little kids. Other than that he is not a draw in anything, not ratings, not buyrates , not attendances .

Anyway Sheamus is worse than Orton as a champion so he is doing even lower numbers which makes me happy since the actually good champions that SD had (christian and Mark Henry) did good (christian) to fantastic (Henry) numbers .
:lmao

Cena isn't a draw? Remember when he wasn't on RAW for a week, and that week's RAW drew a 2.7 rating? He comes back and the ratings are back to normal. So you're saying if the Rock was facing Drew McIntyre at Wrestlemania 28 the buy rate would be the same?

And you're saying Sheamus is the only reason for Smackdown's ratings? That's a ridiculous statement. It has to do with booking, storys, and the fact that Smackdown is now filled with 80% squash matches.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Smackdown has more of a "Hardcore" Fanbase, due to the Wrestling fans being willing to give up a friday to watch Wrestling. Cena will draw in a Casual setting like Raw but not smackdown. It's a fact, there is a reason when Sheamus and Orton won the Title the ratings went to the toilet, and when Christian and Daniel Bryan had the title ratings were up.
Do you really think most wrestling fans would be out on fridays anyway?

C'mon now...

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
What's the point of SmackDown anymore?
I frequently ask the same question while watching it. So far, I haven't come up with a good answer. There's a lot of great talent on Smackdown's roster and WWE refuses to showcase the vast majority of it. As far as I can tell, it's just a repository of talent that they want to keep but don't want to put on Raw.

·
Registered
87 Posts
heres an idea from Zak ryder ... i reakon there should be an internet championship which has matches streamed live on you tube like they do before a PPV .... give these guys a rest so that they have more energy to perform on those matches .... and what you'll see is the young stars from NXT actually have something to fight for plus its give those wrestlers a chance to be exposed before they start to take on the bigger guns on smackdown and raw .... might be an idea ... might bring depth and development into the WWE programming which I think is missing ... thats my stuff said ... anyone else?
Wow, i'm not even going to try and read that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts