Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just spotted the following of interest: http://wwelivetour.com/eventlistings

Tue, Oct. 11 7:00pm - SuperShow TV - Kmart presents WWE Supershow - Dallas, Texas
Tue, Oct. 25 7:00pm - SuperShow TV - Kmart presents WWE SuperShow - Houston, Texas

So it appears for those two editions of SmackDown, which will air that week all superstars will be on both shows.

The Ticketmaster site for the Dallas edition of SmackDown confirms that it is a SuperShow, however the Toyota Centre website lists the October 25th edition as a normal edition of SmackDown.

When I spotted that Dallas was hosting SmackDown a few weeks back, I had a feeling it would feature Raw and SmackDown stars and it appears that will happen.

Given that both editions will be featuring all stars, I suspect they *may* air live. Don't shoot me if it does not happen, but I think they will air live. Looking at Syfy's website:

- http://www.syfy.com/schedule/?date=2011-10-11
- http://www.syfy.com/schedule/?date=2011-10-25

If WWE said to Syfy 'we want live SmackDown on X and Y', I think they will happily say yes.

Either way, it looks like something is happening with regards having RAW superstars on SmackDown, whether the live bit is speculation on my part, time will tell.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
All Smackdowns should feature Raw Superstars. If they are serious about getting people to watch, you have to bring the bigger names. The Raw SuperShow idea didn't make a lot of sense since you'd just watch on Monday to catch up. So if this is the case, then it is a good move.

As for going live, it should happen. There's no reason not to do it. Syfy isn't going to protest the move.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mark William Calaway (born March 24, 1965) is an American professional wrestler better known by his ring name The Undertaker. He is signed to WWE as a member of its SmackDown brand roster. He is considered one of WWE's senior competitors, having been with the company for over twenty years. Mark Calaway began his wrestling career with World Class Championship Wrestling (WCCW) in 1984. He joined World Championship Wrestling (WCW) as "Mean" Mark Callous in 1989. When WCW did not renew Calaway's contract in 1990, he signed with the World Wrestling Federation as The Undertaker in November of that year and has remained with the company ever since.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Supershows? Texas? Live? If you think that Stone Cold will make one of his goodwill visits to randomly stun people for no good reason and not advance any storylines give me a hell ya. Also that being said I love stone cold but come on.

·
All Out
2,790 Posts
They could be live. Maybe an announcement will be made soon as to if it'll be a permanent live Tuesday night spot now with RAW stars on all episodes (except for their tour of Mexico and in England the month after that)...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From PWInsider:

The October 11th WWE Smackdown taping in Dallas, TX will now be a Supershow. The advertised main events (probably dark matches) are:
* John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio for the WWE Championship
* Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship
* The Largest Battle Royale in WWE history - A 41 Man Battle Royal featuring stars from RAW and Smackdown
* Plus a Special Appearance by DX.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
They could be live. Maybe an announcement will be made soon as to if it'll be a permanent live Tuesday night spot now with RAW stars on all episodes (except for their tour of Mexico and in England the month after that)...
With all the special guests, special matches, and Raw roster arriving on Oct. 11th, my guess is that this one will be live. If not, way too many important spoilers would leak out before it airs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts