Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With CM Punk as the new leader of Nexus, Barretts future is in question. The rumors are Barrett will go to Smackdown to be baby face but I just can't see that. The only way he can be babyface is if he stays on Raw. If he went to Smackdown I see him waiting it out until The Undertaker returns and maybe taunting him. When he goes to Smackdown I'm pretty sure he'll bring back Skip Sheffield and maybe Michael Tarver if he's ready. Also bring in Darren Young.

Here is what I'm mainly getting at. I think a couple or few of the members can be wrestlers on the roster who have been around before NXT season 1 such as Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, or Tyler Recks. They could also use the group to bring a new wrestler in if they wanted to like Seth Rollins or Mason Ryan. Just a idea.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have a feeling he'll reform The Empire with his old tag team partner from FCW, Drew McIntyre. When Mason Ryan is ready, he'll join along with Layla and Regal managing them to form a proper British stable.

Or maybe this is just a distant dream of a hopeful Brit...

·
Registered
844 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Well he could easily lead a new nexus stable, with the likes of Tarver and Sheffield. Young has no chance as he was the only one that was properly let go from the group.

But he could recruit from this season of NXT once it's finished with O'Brian, G'Rilla and maybe a heel turn from Curtis. Novak can stay away. Bateman looks like he'll get over easily as a face on his own, and Saxton doesnt need to be couped up in a stable, although he could very well be the the David Otunga of the second season.

Thats not to say Saxton is by far as bad as Otunga in the ring (from what i've seen he is more than passable and decent) but Saxton is that egotistical character who can carry himself, who would be just waiting to break away from a stable.

However, I don't necessarily think Barrett is done with nexus and the new straight edge nexus.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I have a feeling he'll reform The Empire with his old tag team partner from FCW, Drew McIntyre. When Mason Ryan is ready, he'll join along with Layla and Regal managing them to form a proper British stable.

Make it happen, SmackDown!

·
Registered
130 Posts

I'm all for the tag team/stable. It has an Evolution-ish feel, Regal in a Flair-ish role, Ryan as Batista, Drew as Orton and Barrett as HHH plus they'll add the female element needed to really dominate a brand in the title scene cause you cant really have all the titles unless you got a female as the Divas champ, but is Mason Ryan a brit as well? if the draft in 2011 goes well and Regal does end up on SD, they break up LayCool and Ryan is well received on SD then hell yeah this would be a great stable.

But given the booking history we'll be lucky to even get Drew/Wade together as a tag team before 2-3 months later they break them up. But one can dream....

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts

I'm not even British and I think this is a good idea.

·
Registered
844 Posts
but is Mason Ryan a brit as well?
Yep - he's Welsh. From Termadog (near Anglesea, North-west tip of Wales). He was also one of the Gladiators when Sky1 brought the show back.

Also, I'm glad people approve

Regal in a Flair-ish role
Hmm - don't know if he still has it in him to actually wrestle frequently? But certainly as a personality similar to Flair, that's exactly what I was thinking of.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Ummmm, well Del Rio, Drew, Ziggler, Cody, etc are already showing that "superstar" in them all thanks to Smackdown. They would have been used terribly on RAW. So I still disagree.
Only Del Rio and Ziggler is getting pushed. Everyone else is running on Smackdown. And they all have been booked better on RAW. Look at Miz, John Morrison, CM Punk, Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, etc.

·
Asuka
96,367 Posts
Only Del Rio and Ziggler is getting pushed. Everyone else is running on Smackdown. And they all have been booked better on RAW. Look at Miz, John Morrison, CM Punk, Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, etc.
Don't forget Triple H's pale buddy who's getting the biggest push since Lesnar.

CM12Punk is correct. SmackDown is garbage at making stars. They're ruining everybody.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Ummmm, well Del Rio, Drew, Ziggler, Cody, etc are already showing that "superstar" in them all thanks to Smackdown. They would have been used terribly on RAW. So I still disagree.
Del Rio and Ziggler are the only superstars on SmackDown getting pushed, but even they aren't as big as they were a few months back. Del Rio seems to be in a never-ending fued with Mysterio, and Ziggler can't seem to break out on his own without Vicky. McIntyre lost all his momentum after the incident with Tiffany, and Rhodes is in the process of being fed to The Big Show.

Obviously, somebody is going to get pushed, but compared to Raw right now, where the Youth Movement is in full swing, SmackDown hasn't done shit.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts

Fucking awesome. I would be all for it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts