Wrestling Forum banner

Smackdown in 2011

1680 21
Does anyone think the quality of smackdown is improving rapidly this year? With the Corre, and some decently built heels such as Cody, Drew, Ziggler etc. Smackdowns become must see tv for me again, which is something which didnt happen during 2010

Does everyone else agree or is it just me:shocked:
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
It's improving due to the push of Alberto Del Rio, lack of Kane being pushed, and severe lack of Jack Swagger being pushed. It still has a long way to go from the days of CM Punk carrying it on his back. I want that level of quality from SmackDown back. Generally, it's still pretty bad.

· Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
5,846 Posts
The Road to WrestleMania months are always subpar months for SmackDown! in general. This year is no exception, as RAW is hogging all the spotlight with return after return. But, I'm sure that later down the road this year, we'll get to see a solid show, like we have seen for the past couple of years. Especially with the return of Christian, that'll help boost SmackDown! tremendously. A guy who's been subpar at best, like Swagger, has great chemistry with Christian so, it should help the overall quality of the show.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
Smackdown takes a pretty big step backwards this week, unfortunately, but I suspect it will pick back up very soon. Or at least I hope so.

I agree with Pyro, though. Smackdown's flirted with the quality of mid-2009 but it has yet to actually replicate it, week-after-week yet.

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yeah guys. I forgot to mention ADR. He is on raw so much, i forget hes a smackdown active roster guy. I also think it will probably never get back to the quality you mention, however honourable mentions must go to Edge also. I know he has his knockers but his recent feud has put Ziggler over as a serious main event contender (if he ends up back on Smackdown), its also been far more entertaining than kanes WHC reign which was dull.

Totally agree about swagger and kane.

Big show and rey are as popular as ever, but imo the recent quality of smackdown improving is due to the younger guys, also putting Kofi in a meaningful IC championship feud would help (barrett or someone similar)

Id also like to see christian in the main event at WM. He deserves for his service to the wwe over the years

· Registered
820 Posts
With Edge, Christian, the Corre, Del Rio, Drew MacIntyre, Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler in the main-event I can only see the brand getting better and better.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Smackdown usually takes a step back come Wrestlemania, which sucks, but it is something you just have to deal with. Smackdown usually gets great during April and then it takes its deserved spot to Summerslam, which I consider Smackdown's PPV.

· Registered
5,034 Posts
It just pisses me off that it's still on Friday Nights. I'm home 1/10 times in Friday nights. I have to record and watch it later. It sucks, but the show is getting really good though.

· Registered
1,470 Posts
It's improving due to the push of Alberto Del Rio, lack of Kane being pushed, and severe lack of Jack Swagger being pushed. It still has a long way to go from the days of CM Punk carrying it on his back. I want that level of quality from SmackDown back. Generally, it's still pretty bad.
cm punk did NOT carry SD on his back in 09. There were plenty of other great storylines than punk and Hardy.

· Registered
42 Posts
Wasn't enoying the fact that in the second half of 2010 it was turning into the kane and undertaker show, however they have reallyy stepped it up recently, Alberto Del Rio has been brilliant but I also think it's because of more cross brand matches on smackdown that has shaken it up a bit.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
hopefully the draft ships out some of the heel that arent a threat to any World Title like Cody and bring a face like Morrison for some of the heel like McIntyre Barrett and Del Rio to feud with as right now theirs to many heels on Smackdown.

· Registered
188 Posts
In 2010 it was so shit, I fell asleep while it was on, but this year its been really good due to all new faces and fresh feuds

· Registered
6,148 Posts
I see a some people are giving Del Rio a good bit of credit for Smackdown being very good this year. He's good no doubt, but let's not kid ourselves. Del Rio hasn't been on Smackdown too much this year. He's always on RAW. The work of the other heels as well as Del Rio should be recognized. Dolph Ziggler, 'Dashing' Cody Rhodes, Drew Mcintyre, Wade Barrett and The Corre. These guys as well as Del Rio have all stepped up, especially Ziggler and Rhodes with the mic work, Mcintyre with his Elimination Chamber performance etc. Plus, it helps that they can work with good faces in Edge and Mysterio etc. If WWE moved Orton to Smackdown as well as pushed Christian, I would love to watch this show every single week because there would always be something to watch and Orton and Edge in particular seem very good at putting over people. Mysterio seems to be doing a great job with Rhodes atm and he did very well with Del Rio. It's just a shame this seems to be only making up for CM Punk (who probably was worse off feuding with Big Show) and Jack Swagger (who got depushed because of his attitude reportedly so not Rey's fault on that one) even though it appears he isn't really at fault. He's the John Cena of Smackdown. He has a stale gimmick so the IWC target it so they can complain about EVERYTHING that they feel is wrong with WWE. I should know, I have done it myself in the past but I'm glad to have matured enough to take a more objective point of view.

But as you can see, I've done sod all about my ranting haha. But I digress.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.