Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share the results and a few observations from last night, a pretty good show with some great wrestling we had a decent view with floor seats about 5 rows back:

Brodus Clay beat Jinder Mahal.

Brodus got a good pop, Jinder got nothing. It was nice to see this go on a bit longer than Clay's usual squash matches, Jinder actually got some offence in. Hornswoggle was up to a few tricks but from where I was sat I couldn't see, when Brodus won Hornswoggle joined in the dancing. During the match we heard our first "We want Bryan" chants of the night.

Daniel Bryan cut a promo on the video, big reaction. 50/50 heat / cheers. Big YES! chants.

The Usos & Mason Ryan beat Kurt Hawkins, Tyler Reks & Drew McIntyre.

Mason Ryan and the Uso's are over, at least in Newcastle. God knows why, Ryan was awful. Some good wrestling from the others. Reks, Hawkins and McIntyre engaged well with the crowd too. Reks and Hawkins are way better than they are booked. More "We want Bryan chants" Ryan got some "Fat Batista" and "Juiced up Welshman" chants too which were funny.

Alberto Del Rio w/ Ricardo Rodriguez beat The Great Khali

Awesome heat for Del Rio, he got huge cheers when he went to give away his shirt. Small pop for Khali. This wasn't as bad as it should have been, Del Rio carried the match well and took some heavy looking bumps. Del Rio won with an armbar which got a good pop. Ricardo Rodriguez engaged with the crowd brilliantly and gave us some good laughs.

Alicia Fox beat Natalya Guest Referee Aksana.

Aksana was introduced as the ref and came out to NO reaction from the crowd. Natalya and Fox both got small pops. Natalya carried Fox completely, Alicia Fox is truly awful. They exchanged some BIG slaps to the face before Fox predictibly won.

Big Show beat Cody Rhodes to retain the Intercontinental Title.

Massive, MASSIVE pop for the Big Show, huge heat for Cody. Cody cut a promo insulting Newcastle and drawing more huge heat, I thought he was pretty good on the mic. The match was great, it was back and forth and Cody bumped his arse off. There were big "Let's go Cody" and "Cody sucks" back and forths, match of the night for me.

Lot's of "Yes, yes" chants during the break.

Percy Watson and Booker T beat Christian and Mark Henry

Big pop for Booker T, Christian got mega heat. Pretty dull match. Percy Watson was terrible, I don't get his call up at all. Lots of "We want Bryan" chants throughout. Some "Sexual chocolate" chants too.

Randy Orton beat Kane in a No DQ Match.

Orton got a massive pop from the kids, a fair few boos too though once the cheering calmed down, a good match and Kane looks much more mobile in the flesh than he does on TV. Orton's clothesline/lariat is TERRIBLE live.

Sheamus beat Daniel Bryan to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

Both got HUGE, HUGE pops. Loudest "Yes!" chants of the night. Plenty of "Let's go Seamus / Seamus sucks" chants. A really good match, both wrestled well. I didn't think much of Seamus' ring skills prior to this but he was really good and definitely comes across as an absolute beast. Both of these guys were massively over with the crowd and the match had a big event feel to it, even though we all knew how it was going to end. Loved how Bryan played to the crowd.

Overall a really good show, I was really happy with the amount of actual, proper wrestling on display, Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan bumped themselves to near death which I certainly appreciated considering it was a house show.

Final observations:

Bryan and Seamus are both spectacularly over.
Cody Rhodes is f**king brilliant.
Hawkins and Rex should be pushed.
Nobody cares about Jinder Mahal or Aksana, nobody.
Kids love Orton.
Everybody seems to love Big Show
Mason Ryan is mystifyingly over for some reason, he can't wrestle for shit though.

Biggest pop: Big Show. Seamus not far behind though.
Biggest heat: Bryan / Del Rio (It was hard to tell Bryan's heat as it was 50/50 cheers and boos. It was loud though.
Best match: Rhodes v Big Show. It could have been Rhodes v anyone though, he was absolutely immense.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Yep, when he engaged with the crowd. I'm not making up Mason Ryan's cheers either but there you go.
was it like cheap heat by dissing the crowd or was it natural heat cause i still have a hard time believing it
not on a knock on you its just me

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Why is Christian performing at house shows but he's not on the televised SmackDown?
Good point. I think Christian is due back any day now.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
was it like cheap heat by dissing the crowd or was it natural heat cause i still have a hard time believing it
not on a knock on you its just me
It was cheap heat, I think he was trying to get the crowd into it as the match wasn't great, it worked. He looked sharp though.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
Christian got a massive pop when I saw him wednesday.
Randy Orton got the biggest pop of the night, no boo's what so ever.
His in ring moves look great as well.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Christian got a massive pop when I saw him wednesday.
Randy Orton got the biggest pop of the night, no boo's what so ever.
His in ring moves look great as well.
That lariat? Seriously?

His boos came from what appeared to be some Kane marks in front of me, a few to my right too who were booing the faces all night.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Alberto Del Rio w/ Ricardo Rodriguez beat The Great Khali

Awesome heat for Del Rio, he got huge cheers when he went to give away his shirt. Small pop for Khali. This wasn't as bad as it should have been, Del Rio carried the match well and took some heavy looking bumps. Del Rio won with an armbar which got a good pop. Ricardo Rodriguez engaged with the crowd brilliantly and gave us some good laughs.
lol wait, wut? I guess this means that WWE is pushing del rio as a Giant Killer now judging by what happened on SmackDown.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Was there last night first live event wont be last was amazing didnt expect pyro and stuff pyro was very loud lol :gun::gun::gun:

·
Registered
778 Posts
lol wait, wut? I guess this means that WWE is pushing del rio as a Giant Killer now judging by what happened on SmackDown.
Del Rio beat Big Show before if i wasn't mistaken.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Just out of curiosity, would someone explain to me why it's bad that Cena gets 50/50 Cheers/Boos as a face and Bryan getting 50/50 as a heel? Shouldn't Bryan thrive to get the Crowd to hate his guts and Cena to get the crowd to Cheer for him?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Just out of curiosity, would someone explain to me why it's bad that Cena gets 50/50 Cheers/Boos as a face and Bryan getting 50/50 as a heel? Shouldn't Bryan thrive to get the Crowd to hate his guts and Cena to get the crowd to Cheer for him?
Because Cena is being booked as a virtuous face who rises above the hate while Bryan is becoming a cult hero/tweener. It's not HHH 99-01 heat, which would be preferable, but tweener pops beat silence.

If you're a face, there's really only one acceptable reaction: cheers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts