Wrestling Forum banner

SmackDown Elimination Chamber Match **Official Discussion**

3027 Views 31 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  thecorister
For the World Heavyweight Championship...

Edge vs Rey Mysterio vs Kane vs Wade Barrett vs Drew McIntyre vs Dolph Ziggler

Discuss.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Here To Show The World.
2,349 Posts
I posted in another thread but meh.

The Smackdown EC is a little tougher to predict, its obviously between 3 guys, Ziggler, Rey and Edge. With Rey having a thing with Cody at the moment and Ziggler in the title picture. I can only see an Edge win and it being a triple threat at mania, Edge vs. Ziggler vs. Del Rio and Del Rio coming out on top. But I have been wrong before it is the only scenario I can see though.

The only other scenario is having Rey win and having their feud finally end properly on the grandest stage of them all but I do think it is unlikely.

· Registered
484 Posts
I posted in another thread but meh.

The Smackdown EC is a little tougher to predict, its obviously between 3 guys, Ziggler, Rey and Edge. With Rey having a thing with Cody at the moment and Ziggler in the title picture. I can only see an Edge win and it being a triple threat at mania, Edge vs. Ziggler vs. Del Rio and Del Rio coming out on top. But I have been wrong before it is the only scenario I can see though.

The only other scenario is having Rey win and having their feud finally end properly on the grandest stage of them all but I do think it is unlikely.
I can see only 2 winners: Edge or Mysterio. If Mysterio wins there would be no explanation needed for WM. I just hope he doesn't win as his angle with Rhodes has a lot of potential. If Edge wins I'm pretty sure (or rather hoping very very strongly) that ADR won't win in WM as I consider him average now after months and months of the same stuff over and over again. He showed promise but I'd rather see him as a midcard champ first...

· Registered
1,604 Posts
It will be exciting to see Wade Barret in the chamber.
agfreed i actually think it will be him and Edge as the final 2 however i expect Edge to win due to all the build he has had with Del Rio .

· Registered
230 Posts
agfreed i actually think it will be him and Edge as the final 2 however i expect Edge to win due to all the build he has had with Del Rio .
I think that would be cool it would really be interesting to let Wade win this just becuase who really cares if Edge wins again.

· Registered
267 Posts
Actually, having Barrett or Zigler win makes some sense, too (depending on if the Corrrreeee has anything perking for Mania). Then you can have your triple threat, with Edge (cashing in his rematch) vs. ADR (Rumble winner) vs. Barrett/Zigler (WHC). It also helps get two young guys over (figure one of them comes out on top over Edge) with a vet who's a year away from retirement (if current rumors are to be believed). The question then becomes who feuds with the new World Heavyweight Champ after Wrestlemania.

wk

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Actually, having Barrett or Zigler win makes some sense, too (depending on if the Corrrreeee has anything perking for Mania). Then you can have your triple threat, with Edge (cashing in his rematch) vs. ADR (Rumble winner) vs. Barrett/Zigler (WHC). It also helps get two young guys over (figure one of them comes out on top over Edge) with a vet who's a year away from retirement (if current rumors are to be believed). The question then becomes who feuds with the new World Heavyweight Champ after Wrestlemania.

wk
the triple threat idea would be pretty cool as Del Rio and Wade Barrett have both had awesome first years in WWE in fact ive been amazed at how adapt they are at working with the guys in the Main Event Barrett has been cutting great promos with Cena all year and Del Rio while he has worked with someone quite as charismatic as Cena has impressed the hell out of me on the mic it would be great to see both of them in the Main Event as they have been the 2 standouts for me over this past year .

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
People actually think Barrett could win this match?

LOL, no. I'm a huge, huge, huge Barrett fan and I was pulling for him to win the Rumble and beat Edge himself, but he's not walking into WM as the champ. It's not happening. In fact, with the way they've slowed his push down, he probably won't even win the belt until the end of 2011, if at all.

· Registered
5,130 Posts
Edge is winning this. Christian hasn't returned yet which strengthens my belief that they save Christian for awhile before they feed him to ADR in the upcoming Edge/ADR feud.

· Dragon Slayer
6,638 Posts
Wade Barrett wins EC to setup match against Taker WM27, but only if Sting doesn't show up to fight UT at WM27.

If Barrett wins it only sets up Barrett vs Del Rio since he has the title shot. Edge or Mysterio will win, both could work. Mysterio would probably work better considering their long running feud and heat, while Edge and ADR have relatively nothing to build on.

· Registered
132 Posts
heres what happens.
slater and gabriel have a tag team championship match and win.
this is the ordinary way the WWE makes sure they can't (kayfabe)interfere in the match.
it comes down to Barret and edge. Jackson walks through the door which was opened earlier in the match
they start beating on Edge. suddenly christian appears and takes them both out. edge recovers and spears Barret ftw.
on Smackdown Del Rio cuts a promo on how Edge needs help to keep his championship by his little friend. christian comes out and cuts his own promo on Del rio injuring him. he challenges del rio to a match and if christian wins, he gets to be the guest referee for WM. he wins.
at WM he screws edge out of the title and they fued

· The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,897 Posts
heres what happens.
slater and gabriel have a tag team championship match and win.
this is the ordinary way the WWE makes sure they can't (kayfabe)interfere in the match.
it comes down to Barret and edge. Jackson walks through the door which was opened earlier in the match
they start beating on Edge. suddenly christian appears and takes them both out. edge recovers and spears Barret ftw.
on Smackdown Del Rio cuts a promo on how Edge needs help to keep his championship by his little friend. christian comes out and cuts his own promo on Del rio injuring him. he challenges del rio to a match and if christian wins, he gets to be the guest referee for WM. he wins.
at WM he screws edge out of the title and they fued
Talk about fantasy booking, brought by you as if you actually have inside information.... :rolleyes:

Edge retains obviously.

· Registered
25 Posts
rey eliminates kane
dolph eliminates rey
edge eliminates dolph
drew eliminates edge
barrett eliminates drew for WHC !!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.