Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Banned
1,787 Posts
Yes it's no secret. They been doing it for years. It's so fucking pathetic and a big insult to everyone's intelligence. I honestly don't understand why they do it. They honestly HAVE to think people are dumb.

· Registered
1,134 Posts
I never watch SD because of that, it's annoying as hell.

· Buried SCOTT STEINER
7,026 Posts
If you watch Smackdown regularly, then you kinda get used to it, but there are times where WWE doesn't even try to hide the fact that they use canned pops.

· A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,955 Posts
Ah well, it's no different to a comedy show you see on TV and they add fake laughs or audiences etc.. it doesn't really matter as what's going on is what matters, which in the case of smackdown is not much lately.

Honestly, Smackdown needs to be scrapped completely and revamped into a new show with a new look, name and the lot, it's been stale for way too long now and I'm surprised they're still actually clinging on to it, I guess it's more so because it became a brand more than anything.

Raw is all that's needed, but a fresh new show in replace of Smackdown could really do some great things.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
The perspicuous employing of shoddily-dubbed pops on Smackdown is fundamentally WWE's equivalent of the "Plato's Cave" parable about shadows on the cave from his Republic. We are perceiving not actual people through their reactions, but rather a concoction, shadows to listen to as representative of people. Yet rather than shadows on the wall of the cave we are confronted with hairdryers as Punkholic notes.

Reactions: SPCDRI

· Registered
8,682 Posts
They aren't as bad as they were a couple of years ago, when guys like Khali would come out to Austin-like pops. I remember they even dubbed fake laughter over Sheamus' corny jokes a couple of times during his horrible run in 2012 and it wasn't even good fake laughter, it sounded like 3 or 4 women laughing in a small room.

· Banned
30,611 Posts
The perspicuous employing of shoddily-dubbed pops on Smackdown is fundamentally WWE's equivalent of the "Plato's Cave" parable about shadows on the cave from his Republic. We are perceiving not actual people through their reactions, but rather a concoction, shadows to listen to as representative of people. Yet rather than shadows on the wall of the cave we are confronted with hairdryers as Punkholic notes.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.