Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Re: The one wrestler apart from Cena that could make a difference to Smackdown if dra

What is with all the people who want to ruin Punk's career lately? Have some fucking respect, you don't stick a guy as talented as Punk on a glorified version of ECW. FUCK. THAT.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Re: The one wrestler apart from Cena that could make a difference to Smackdown if dra

What is with all the people who want to ruin Punk's career lately? Have some fucking respect, you don't stick a guy as talented as Punk on a glorified version of ECW. FUCK. THAT.
No doubt Smackdown is below Raw on the totem pole, but Smackdown is way, way closer to Raw than it is the late ECW.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts

Is it? Then how do you explain Christian, Mark Henry and Daniel Bryan as world champions. That's COMPLETELY ECW-esque.

The World Heavyweight Champion hasn't even been prominent on Raw for the last few weeks. The fucking tag champs get more time than he does, what does that say about the brand? Below Raw on the totem pole doesn't even begin to describe SmackDown, it feels exactly like ECW.

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts

Is it? Then how do you explain Christian, Mark Henry and Daniel Bryan as world champions. That's COMPLETELY ECW-esque.

The World Heavyweight Champion hasn't even been prominent on Raw for the last few weeks. The fucking tag champs get more time than he does, what does that say about the brand? Below Raw on the totem pole doesn't even begin to describe SmackDown, it feels exactly like ECW.
NOT ecw esque

considering big zeke had a title over there

d bryan is a star cristian finally had it coming and well henry was for sympathy

but wait yea punk to smackdown? no

·
Banned
350 Posts

Brock Lesner enough said. He changed smackdown once, and actually made it the better show during his reign in the 2004s, and im sure he can do it again.
RAW has enough mainevent starpower already with Punk, Henry, Jericho, Stone Cold Steve Austin rumored, Kane, HHH, Undertaker. I believe drafting Rock and Brock to smackdown can do wonders to the show, especially after brock destroys cena after the PPV.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts

The one WWE would be behind.

Could be anyone, really.

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts

Lawler. :rolleyes:

Such a 'demotion' could hopefully lead to his resignation, improving the quality of Raw and PPV announcing immediately. That would make a difference to me.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts

NOT ecw esque

considering big zeke had a title over there

d bryan is a star cristian finally had it coming and well henry was for sympathy

but wait yea punk to smackdown? no
Yeah, Bryan is such a star that he got treated the same way as Chavo Guerrero did against Kane at Mania, which was, coincidentally, for the ECW title match. He got punked out like a bitch in 18 seconds, he's never been booked like a main eventer and often times booked like he barely belongs on tv. Christian had it coming but Vince hates Christian and the fact that he was desperate enough to give him the belt, even briefly proves how overwhelmingly DESPERATE he was. Henry was for sympathy, yes it was. If anything, you just made my point stronger. They don't give out WWE Championship reigns for "sympathy", they only give THAT title to the guys the company is fully committed to. Meanwhile the SmackDown title boasts such illustrious champions as Khali, Swagger and Kane, that doesn't even include the ones I mentioned before.

As for Ezekiel Jackson, I'm sure Jackson'll win the belt at the end of his career. I mean, if Mark Henry can do it, who the fuck can't?

·
Registered
3,888 Posts

It would have to be multiple guys to change SD at this point tbh. Cena is a must as well. Look what happened when they thought Orton could do it. Nothing.
In a draft senario
Cena - Orton
Lesnar - Mark Henry
Miz - Cody Rhodes
Kofi - Ryback
Swagger - Barret
Lawler - Booker T
Kharma - Kaitlyn
This bunch along with Sheamus, Christian, Bryan, and co. could probably bring legitimacy back to SD.

·
Registered
49 Posts

I don't think that one guy would be sufficient.
The lack of starpower on SD is too damn high.

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts

Yeah, Bryan is such a star that he got treated the same way as Chavo Guerrero did against Kane at Mania, which was, coincidentally, for the ECW title match. He got punked out like a bitch in 18 seconds, he's never been booked like a main eventer and often times booked like he barely belongs on tv. Christian had it coming but Vince hates Christian and the fact that he was desperate enough to give him the belt, even briefly proves how overwhelmingly DESPERATE he was. Henry was for sympathy, yes it was. If anything, you just made my point stronger. They don't give out WWE Championship reigns for "sympathy", they only give THAT title to the guys the company is fully committed to. Meanwhile the SmackDown title boasts such illustrious champions as Khali, Swagger and Kane, that doesn't even include the ones I mentioned before.

As for Ezekiel Jackson, I'm sure Jackson'll win the belt at the end of his career. I mean, if Mark Henry can do it, who the fuck can't?

I really dont know why i bother arguing the daniel bryan thing with you but still.

considering the fact that he is the most over man in the company in YEARS how you can STILL say he doesnt deserve a huge push is just beyond me.

I dont think christian deserved that title worth a damn and maybe vince doesnt just hate him maybe the IWC are the only ones who give a shit about him.However yea the whole daniel bryan at mania thing i still cant wrap my head around, its not like sheamus needed to get over... Idk its proly some form of getting byan to get some crazy comeback with wwe's backwards logic. anyway again sorry for derailing.

I really dont see smackdown as the B show I just don't. They still have orton, yes hes not being fully utalized right now but, he did ASK for that feud with kane, which could be why he was in that shitty feud. Vince still fucking worships orton at every turn, and if smackdown was that much lower than raw( yes I believe its lower but not by a ton) vince never would have sent him there.

Punk has built a ton of great momentum with this title, considering the fact that I am sure we are going to be having the summer of punk( yes I said it) switching him to SD just wouldnt make any bit of sense. Also, if we dont end up with the summer of punk and he loses the title before then, they wont just ship him off to smackdown and not let him get some word in about his title loss and not show him trying for it back. Yes, they have done that before, but they are clearly far to invested in punk at this point. He WILL( i assume) have the wwe championship up through the draft, so do you really believe that the wwe championship will switch brands with him? yea no. Cena is currently busy NOT BEING IN THE TITLE SCENE( sorry but thats exciting) and hes doing the whole brock lesnar thing, and I dont really know wwe's plans for the entire year with that. So right now, punk is the main guy on raw and switching him over would be wrong in about 40,000 ways.

and sorry pyro most of thatw as to the topic I wasent adressing you as if you wanted punk to switch or anything.

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts

I don't think that one guy would be sufficient.
The lack of starpower on SD is too damn high.
sorry mods for the double post but i didnt see this one

there is a lack of star power on SD but there doesnt have to be. The people they should draft over to smackdown are the ones that are in store for BIG pushes, like pushes that propel them to and through the main event scene (Kinda like bryan) but have more than one.

like I dont know just a poor example but take ziggler over to smackdown and push him and I dont know, kofi. push them THROUGH THE MOON they arguably deserve it anyway, and you can make star quality on smackdown, without making raw suffer for it.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts

Wade Barrett 8*D

Once again it's the typical case of Pyro being a huge sook because his idols never amount to squat (JBL excluded) and he's a bitter Nancy seeing Bryan get such a major push and crowd following that Miz, Christian, Barrett and Del Rio would be having to wish from 50 genies to get close to.

The one wrestler that could make a difference, if drafted, would be...nobody. The difference lies within, and that is a heel Randy Orton who is much more marketable, and enjoyable, as a ruthless heel, as opposed to a monotonous, mundane face with kissass promos and acting like a bitch because girls scream for him

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts

The one wrestler that could make a difference, if drafted, would be...nobody. The difference lies within, and that is a heel Randy Orton who is much more marketable, and enjoyable, as a ruthless heel, as opposed to a monotonous, mundane face with kissass promos and acting like a bitch because girls scream for him
Heel Orton = complete freshness to SD = a dominant heel for faces to go over = new stars. Boom, book it.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts

Heel Orton = complete freshness to SD = a dominant heel for faces to go over = new stars. Boom, book it.
Totaly this.

- Heel Orton on Smackdown > Face Orton on Smackdown

·
Super Moderator
25,861 Posts

Does the draft even matter anymore? If Punk was drafted to Smackdown, he'd just show up on Raw and Smackdown each week lol.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

No one guy is going to make Smackdown equal to Raw. The problem lies in the "lack of depth" in the Upper Midcard & Main Event. You can come up with a list of who you think is considered which for each brand full-time, and I bet that when you come up just with a total list, there can be as many as 4 more Superstars you list in the Raw brand compared to Smackdown. Then you add in the current injuries and then you take into account the guys who aren't on Raw fulltime (Rock, HHH, Undertaker); that gap gets even bigger.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts