Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be a good idea to have a SmackDown! 15th Anniversary Show next year in your opinion? And if so what former Superstars would you book to be there? If it did happen it would be nice to have a old SmackDown! intro to be played then have an old SD! stage like the Classic SD! Fist or something.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
This is a big event. Especially given how much the WWE has cared about Smackdown over the years. Clearly they treat it like the A show. Just look at how much more star power SD had than Raw during the brand split.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I assume they will have an anniversary show, I like the idea of using one of the older theme songs and stages.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Well considering they did fuck-all for Raw 20th and generally do fuck-all for SD, I don't expect anything more than an on-screen graphic, a quick video package, an occasional mention and maybe a sign on the stage. They'll acknowledge it, but I don't think they'll make a big deal out of it (ala Raw 1000).

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I would have it the SD before Wrestlemania. Have the show LIVE on Tuesday,Wednesday or Thursday(depending on how early they start their WM stuff in New Orleans,cause it begins before Friday I believe) so that every big name star can be there, it lets them hype up WM one last time, and they can go all out for the SD show. Rock,Lesnar,Taker among others being on SD would be great for the 15th anniversary show.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
With Smackdown only being around from Attitude Era-Ruthless Agression Era-PG Era, it'd be great to guys from all 3 eras mash up on the anniversary.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
With Smackdown only being around from Attitude Era-Ruthless Agression Era-PG Era, it'd be great to guys from all 3 eras mash up on the anniversary.
Knowing WWE, they'd do what they did last time they had something like this for SD(SD Old School show) where the guys on the show were the same ones who appear during every show WWE brings back former stars, but this time around, it made 0 sense since none of these guys had any sort of history on Smackdown.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
They'll probably have a special show where guys like Edge appear I guess and they'll probably bust out a new intro and theme song like they did for the 10th Anniversary show.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
It'd be nice but given how little attention they pay to Smackdown I don't know if they'll do anything special for this.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
good chance EDGE will appear.
Based on nothing but your own supposition? :p

It would be nice to have all of the Smackdown names back for something like that, but I doubt it happens. I see it being a pretty uneventful thing.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,323 Posts
I'd love this but it would probably be headlined by Christian retiring.

·
Stay Fearless
7,384 Posts
Would be cool if they celebrated the anniversary within a whole month. And every other week they have a different stage.

Week 1 and 2

Week 3 and 4

Guys they should have on there

Brock Lesnar
Edge
Kurt Angle
JBL
Vince McMahon
The Undertaker
Hulk Hogan
Batista
The Rock