Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On this Monday night's Raw, the opening tag team match was the absolute sloppiest tag team match I have ever seen. Mainly due to (what I disagreed with proior to this match) Sheamus's conditioning. He was fucking done beyond belief. His punches looked beyond fake. He was barely moving around. Punk/Kane/DB were botching pretty bad as well. Now, I understand mistakes happen, or maybe they had little time to prepare for the match. But after an awesome triple threat the previous night, you'd think they would have been able to put on a better show the very next night.

Did anyone think the same way?

EDIT: wrong forum, move to RAW

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
The best part was how Punk pretty much no sold the ass whooping he had been getting. After psycho girl did her thing he just smiles, shakes his hand and goes right over and tags sheamus lol...and people say Cenas comebacks are annoying...

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts
and it was the best match of the show...lol

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I thought it was ok but nothing special. The Punk/Sheamus vs Ziggler/Bryan one from SD was much, much better.

Thought this was gonna be about the Primo/Epico vs PTP match and was gonna disagree.

·
Premium Member
17,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and it was the best match of the show...lol
yes. I will say that. I didn't put it in the OP, but it was the best match. I still was flabbergasted at how sloppy 4 top stars in the WWE were performing. I think it must have been supposed to have been a later match but was moved up, so they were caught off guard. Only explanation.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Not really a great match, I agree.
The previous ones we got to see over the weeks where far better. Something was just "off".

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
yes. I will say that. I didn't put it in the OP, but it was the best match. I still was flabbergasted at how sloppy 4 top stars in the WWE were performing. I think it must have been supposed to have been a later match but was moved up, so they were caught off guard. Only explanation.
You try wrestling almost every night.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I thought it looked kind of rushed and there wasn't a lot of flow to it. Everybody hit their signature stuff without doing a ton of selling and that was about it. You're never going to get a bad match when Danielson and/or Punk are in the ring but last night was nothing to get excited about.

·
Premium Member
17,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You try wrestling almost every night.
what? I hope you're joking. If I tried wrestling every night I'd do fucking horrible. Hence I'm not carrying the WWE or WHC title. Those guys are. It's what they train and get paid to do. They've performed great in the past. last night was just a sloppier than...than...something.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Although I like the idea of the Prime Time Players team, in delivery it doesn't really work because neither are good workers yet. Titus is awful and Darren is so-so. That being said, I like that they're adding tag-teams to the roster and hopefully the 2 of them can grow together as a team so that when they do inevitably split up they're both decent workers by that point.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,306 Posts
Sheamus was showing some air out there. I didn't like how quickly CM Punk recovered from lots of offense, particularly Kane's choke slam.

Daniel Bryan, the best worker in the match I'd say by a pretty comfy margin, was absent for a very long stretch of the match. What a weird call!

Yeah, I didn't like that match too much.

·
Banned
1,054 Posts
Lol'd when Bryan tagged Sheamus instead of Kane.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts