Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know when someone does a flair chop or big show handplants on someones chest, those slap sounds are probably real 10/10 times...but so many times kicks to the head get a huge slap sound...are those dubbed in?? does anyone know for sure?

for example when kofi hit his finisher on drew mcintyre this past SD the slap sound was intense... i remember some wrestlers used to smack their leg at the same time for the slap effect.... but now they just dub it in?

Enziguris, sweet chin music, kane/undertakers uppercuts....all these moves wouldn't produce those sounds ...unless they hit it at 100%, and even then it prbably woldnt make a loud slapping sound

thoughts?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Well no, those moves would not produce those sounds naturally. But generally the wrestler slaps his thigh. It tends to sound louder because the mics around the ring pick up the sound.

As for dubbing in a slap ....... well i doubt it, but maybe they do on smackdown if they dont pick up the sound naturally. I remember ADR hitting a top rope Enziguri that sounded like you could hear it from Antarctica.

·
Super Moderator
19,329 Posts
The slaps are usually done by the person doing the slap by using his offhand to slap himself.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I wasnt sure if they stopped doing that on tv nowadays because everything is microanalysed with tv - slowmotion replay etc...

So I guess they may indeed still slap themselves, and I'll I've got to say is that they have been doing a DAM good job of hiding the slaps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts