Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Match of the Year: Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker (Wrestlemania XXVI) - not sure who will accept this award though
Superstar of the Year: The Miz
Breakout Star of the Year: Wade Barrett
Tag Team of the Year: The Hart Dynasty - this would be interesting and would evolve their storyline
Diva of the Year: God knows! Natalya maybe?
Guest Host of the Year: Bret Hart

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Re: So... Slammy Predictions? Lets go!

Match of the Year: Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker (Wrestlemania XXVI)
Superstar of the Year: Sheamus
Tag Team of the Year: The Hart Dynasty
Diva of the Year: LayCool

·
Registered
72 Posts

Match of the Year: Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker (Wrestlemania XXVI)
Breakout Star of the Year: Daniel Bryan
Diva of the Year: LayCool probably

·
Asuka
96,360 Posts

I swore we just did this thread yesterday. :side:

Match of the Year: Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker (Wrestlemania XXVI)

·
Registered
996 Posts

I swore we just did this thread yesterday. :side:

Match of the Year: Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker (Wrestlemania XXVI)
This.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts

Hmmm I'll cover the categories I can remember and care about.

Match of the Year: Otunga vs Cena, Raw... lol nah, obviously this is going to HBK vs Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVI.

Superstar of the Year: I want to say The Miz, but wouldn't be surprised if it was Orton tbh, despite him actually having quite a boring year... or better yet, scratch that - it'll be Cena, to give him a reason to be legally on Raw instead of in the crowd again. I honestly don't know, but I can definitely see Cena getting SOMETHING for that to be the case.

Breakout Star of the Year: I dunno, does Sheamus qualify? Since the last slammies he has won his first and second WWE title, the KotR and taken out HHH. Busy year for a relative newcomer to Raw.

OMG moment of the year: I don't think Miz will get this for his MitB cash in, although he is bound to get SOMETHING, and I'm hard placed to see what he will get. For me, this will go to Nexus for their attack on the night of their debut as a group. Has to be.

What other ones are there? Do they do tag team of the year lol? I could only imagine the HD winning this... maybe they will and use it to further their feud somehow. *shrugs*. Diva of the year? Who cares.

·
2,775 Posts

Match of the Year - Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania XXVI)
Superstar of the Year - The Miz
Breakout Star of the Year - Wade Barrett
Tag Team of the Year - The Hart Dynasty
Diva of the Year - LayCool
Guest Host of the Year - Bret Hart

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Assuming HBK vs Taker wins Match of the Year (which they surely will), who will collect the Slammy? HBK is no longer with the company and reports say he is only going to be backstage at the Tribute to the Troops show, and Undertaker has been written off TV as 'buried alive'?!!! Do you recon someone will just collect the award on their behalf? If so who?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts

Assuming HBK vs Taker wins Match of the Year (which they surely will), who will collect the Slammy? HBK is no longer with the company and reports say he is only going to be backstage at the Tribute to the Troops show, and Undertaker has been written off TV as 'buried alive'?!!! Do you recon someone will just collect the award on their behalf? If so who?
Kane and Paul Bearer.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

How long is Taker out of action by the way?

-----

Match of the Year: The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan (Night of Champions). I know the award should be won by "Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker (Wrestlemania XXVI)" match because it's hands down a classic but they don't need it, all the awards should be won by the ones who need it the most to help themselves look more credible to the fans, Bryan needs this award to establish himself as one of the best WWE wrestlers in the eye of WWE Universe. Miz could benefit from this award too, to show how far he has come as a single competitor since last year when he only won the award as a tag team guy and a web show host.

Superstar of the Year: The Miz. He has won all the titles this year, and now he's on top of the world, the slammy award will be an icing on the cake to establish him more as a top star.

Breakout Star of the Year: Wade Barrett. Nexus should win at least one award, they just lost the tag team titles to the freaking Santino and Kozlov, they need something that will help them to at least look more credible again.

Tag Team of the Year: The Hart Dynasty. Tyson Kidd will benefit from this the most. He's just got a bodyguard and it seems he'll get some kind of a push in near future so it will be wise to make him look as good as possible, i expect him to 'bury' his former partner on his acceptance speech to try to gain heat no matter how little it is since nobody actually cares about DH Smith, lol.

Diva of the Year: Natalya. She looks very strong as champion so far, this award will establish her more as one of the top divas. Laycool should win but i think it will be more entertaining to see them diss Natalya on her acceptance speech.

Guest Host of the Year: David Otunga, lol. Meh, i actually don't really care about this one tbh.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts

Match of the Year: The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan (Night of Champions). I know the award should be won by "Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker (Wrestlemania XXVI)" match because it's hands down a classic but they don't need it, all the awards should be won by the ones who need it the most to help themselves look more credible to the fans, Bryan needs this award to establish himself as one of the best WWE wrestlers in the eye of WWE Universe. Miz could benefit from this award too, to show how far he has come as a single competitor since last year when he only won the award as a tag team guy and a web show host.
TBH, I think Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler series of matches should win Match of the Year, but that's just me. Miz vs. Bryan was good, but Ziggler vs. Bryan took it to the next level.

·
Asuka
96,360 Posts

I don't see why people are saying Bryan vs whoever could be match of the year. HBK retired, by kayfabe logic alone, you know WWE will give it to Taker/HBK. Plus, Taker will likely have no other impact on the awards. You've gotta give one of the biggest guys on the roster SOMETHING.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

I doubt they will even acknowledge Ziggler/Bryan match as nominee to be honest, heck, even Bragging Rights tag match was nominated last year, that's why i highly doubt Ziggler/Bryan match will be nominated let alone winning no matter how awesome that match was, the match lacked any hype unlike Miz/Bryan match, and Miz is a bigger name than Ziggler so that's why i think Miz/Bryan match will get the win. But i don't mind if the award goes to HBK/Taker anyway, i just feel they don't really need it, but hey that's just me.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts

Match of the Year: Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker. While Daniel Bryan vs Ziggler and Miz were much better imo, Michaels vs Taker was the biggest match of the year.
Breakout Star of the Year: Sheamus or Wade. I'd say Miz too if I didn't think they were gonna give him the above award, also Riley's hands would already be full with the briefcase and the Superstar of the Year Award.
Tag Team of the Year: Santino and Kozlov. I think part of the reason for them getting the belts were cause they plan on have them win this.
Diva of the Year: Natalya. Same reason as above.
Guest Host of the Year: Bret Hart. He's the only one that really stood out, and had actual impact in matches.

·
Who speaks for Earth?
625 Posts

Match of the Year:
Daniel Bryan VS Dolph Ziggler at Bragging Rights.

Superstar of the Year:
Probably Wade Barrett

Breakout Star of the Year:
The Miz for sure.

Tag Team of the Year:
I did say the Hart Dynasty in the other thread but I completely forgot about ShoMiz. So.. ShoMiz.

Diva of the Year:
Natalya

Guest Host of the Year:
Probably Bret Hart, I skip Guest Host parts so I can't think of any others.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts

Match of the Year: Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker [Wrestlemania XXVI]
Diva of the Year: Natalya

·
Banned
4,731 Posts

Match of the Year: Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker II
Superstar of the Year: Randy Orton
Tag Team of the Year: The Hart Dynasty - by default
Diva of the Year: Natalya

·
Registered
2,612 Posts

Screw "predictions", I'm picking who I WANT to win. ;)

^ THIS!! I'm sick of people wanting HBK/Taker to get Match Of The Year. Fair enough, it was a great match but they won the thing last year and neither are even in the company right now. Their feud died when Michaels retired, let it rest in peace like Undertaker. LOL. The young guys deserve it just as much. (The match you voted for isn't what I'm going for though. :p)

Match Of The Year: Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler at Bragging Rights. One of my favourites of the whole year. Was really impressed with both guys, especially Ziggler. Fantastic match, especially for an opening bout. Won't forget it in a hurry.

Superstar of the Year: I'm torn between this. I want to say The Miz because he's the champion right now, but really that's a MITB accomplisment and that's all. JUST SAYIN'. So I think I'm going to say Randy Orton. Not being biased, but because the way the fans have got behind him this year has been amazing, so much so that the WWE basically had no choice but to turn the guy face. Sure, his recent title reign sucked but that was hardly his fault. He's basically the top face in the company right now next to Cena (who he has even out-popped on occasion), and he didn't even have to do much; so I think that deserves a Slammy.

Breakout Star of the Year: Either Wade Barrett or Daniel Bryan. Wade's been the main focus on Raw most nights, though he hasn't won any titles like Mr Bryan has. I don't mind who wins between either of these two, as long as it's nobody else.

Tag Team of the Year: The Hart Dynasty or Nexus. Hell, maybe even Santino and Koslov will get it. Two guys who once had their differences but were able to overcome them by sharing a sense of humour... they got a girl on their side (Tamina) and hell, even won the tag titles the other night! Lol. The tag team division is a mess at the minute, so my point is - I couldn't really give a shit about this result.

Diva of the Year: Natalya. Hands down. No explanation needed here. She's my favourite diva and is the current champion after defeating Laycool, who everyone hates. How can she NOT win? None of the other divas hold any relevance at the minute (besides Beth, but she's been out with an injury most of the year.)

Guest Host of the Year: I tend to erase guest host spots from my memory, so I don't know who to vote for here. Johnny Knoxville? Just because I loved that movie and the giant hand is awesome...

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

I personally would vote for Bryan/Ziggler match too because other than HBK/Taker match nothing really comes close match quality-wise, not even Miz/Bryan match even though i freaking love that match too, but this is a prediction thread :p, so yeah like i said before, i guess WWE wants their golden boy Miz to look like a star, the award will most likely go to him (and Bryan), i think.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts