Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Predict the Slammy Awards winners for next week, or pick the ones whom you want to win for next week. Yeh i know this thread has been done several times before but i assume some of you might change some of your picks now because of several 'shocking' moments that happened over these past few months. The poll is the same like the one from last year with two addition awards from SA 08 that might be brought back again next week.

Tag Team of the Year -

Breakout Star of the Year -

Shocker of the Year -

Match of the Year -

Extreme Moment of the Year -

Couple of the Year -

Announce Team of the Year -

Diva of the Year -

The "Oh My" Moment of the Year -

Superstar of the Year -

---------------

Tag Team of the Year - The Hart Dynasty. Tyson Kidd accepts the awards and then 'buries' his former partner and puts over his new partner on his acceptance speech.

Breakout Star of the Year - Wade Barrett. No explanation really needed.

Shocker of the Year - John Cena joins Nexus. It might have lost its steam now but when it happened it totally shocked a lot of people.

Match of the Year - HBK/Taker match at WM26 should absolutely be winning this but since perhaps neither men will be able to show up i think Miz/Bryan match at NoC will take the cake. WWE must think that Miz needs more props to brag about, right? :rolleyes:

Extreme Moment of the Year - Nexus destroying everything on their Raw debut is pretty much winning this.

Couple of the Year - Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero. Ted DiBiase and Maryse are on the verge of breaking up. Goldust and Aksana have divorced. The Bellas and Daniel Bryan aren't really couple, same with Santino and Tamina. Tyson Kidd and Natalya...well...nothing noteworthy really happened between them, same with R-Truth and Eve.

Announce Team of the Year - Michael Cole and Josh Matthews hands down.

Diva of the Year - Natalya, she needs to look as good as possible since now she's the divas champion, but Lay-Cool will definitely diss her on her acceptance speech.

The "Oh My" Moment of the Year - This is perhaps for "it's so stupid it's good" moment of the year, so my vote is for Santino/Kozlov dance-off.

Superstar of the Year - The Miz. More props for Miz to boost his ego and his heat. He's also pretty much shining the whole year with a lot of memorable moments and he's just succesfully cashed in and became WWE champion so he sorta deserves the award. Randy Orton is another strong candidate, he's been over as fuck the whole year as a babyface, so WWE might give him the award for that reason alone. Daniel Bryan should be winning for the fantastic matches he's put on but i don't see him winning.

·
Who speaks for Earth?
625 Posts
Re: Slammy Awards

Tag Team of the Year - *Thinks hard* Hart Dynasty?

Breakout Star of the Year - Daniel Bryan

Shocker of the Year - Cena joins Nexus

Match of the Year - Daniel Bryan VS Dolph Ziggler (Bragging Rights)

Extreme Moment of the Year - Nexus debut and destroy RAW/Justin Roberts tie.

Couple of the Year - Ziggler and Vickie (Were there any others?)

Announce Team of the Year - Cole, Punk and Josh on NXT

Diva of the Year - Natalya

The "Oh My" Moment of the Year - Miz cashes in

Superstar of the Year - Wade Barrett

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,019 Posts
Re: Slammy Awards

Tag Team of the Year -
Nexus

Daniel Bryan

Shocker of the Year -
Bryan's firing

Match of the Year -
Bryan vs. Ziggler

Justin Roberts' tie

Couple of the Year -
Tyson Kidd & Natalya

Cole, Punk, Mathews

Diva of the Year -
Natalya

Nexus destroy Raw

Superstar of the Year -
Daniel Bryan

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Oh My Moment of the Year - Santion and Kozlov Dance-Off
Shocker of the Year - John Cena joins Nexus
Extreme Moment of the Year - Nexus invades Raw
Match of the Year - Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler
Announce Team of the Year - Michael Cole and Josh Matthews
Couple of the Year - Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero
Diva of the Year - Natalya
Tag Team of the Year - The Hart Dynasty
Break Out Star of the Year - Wade Barrett
Superstar of the Year - The Miz

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
HBK/Taker definitely deserves MOTY....

·
Registered
919 Posts
Tag Team of the Year - WWE's tag division is a joke

Breakout Star of the Year - Sheamus

Shocker of the Year - HBK retiring

Match of the Year - HBK and Taker

Extreme Moment of the Year - Air Bourne to RKO

Couple of the Year - Vickie the Cougar and Dolph Ziggler

Announce Team of the Year - NXT

Diva of the Year - Big girl Natalya

The "Oh My" Moment of the Year - Jesse Ventura and Sheamus owning John Cena

Superstar of the Year - John Cena $$$$

·
The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla
5,108 Posts
Tag Team of the Year
WWE's tag division is a joke

Breakout Star of the Year
Wade Barret

Shocker of the Year
HBK retirement speech

Match of the Year
HBK vs Undertaker @ Mania 26

Extreme Moment of the Year
Mid-air RKO on evan bourne

Couple of the Year
Dont have a clue and dont give a dam

Announce Team of the Year
Vintage Cole and cm punk

Diva of the Year
Dont have a clue and dont give a dam once again

The "Oh My" Moment of the Year

Nexus invading Raw

Superstar of the Year
The Miz

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
first of all...who the hell is nomiated for what? and, if taker-hbk wins for MOTY..who accepts? taker was buried alive and michaels is trying to ignore the hurricane...while promoting the total gym, hunting, fishing etc..

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Tag Team of the Year -
Hart Dynasty

Daniel Bryan

Shocker of the Year -
actually the one I was most legitimaly shocked about was AJ's elinimation from NXT

Match of the Year -
Taker/HBK (although the acception would be wierd seeing as HBK is gone and taker is buried in some arena somewhere)

wow extreme these days ... urm well has to be the Nexus's first attack

Couple of the Year -
Ted and Maryse has been the only real couple

Punk and whoever that was with him on superstars

Diva of the Year -
Natayla

seriously ? the oh my moment ? well again thats Nexus's attack

Superstar of the Year -
Miz
also

Breakout Star of the Year - Sheamus he won the championship at TLC last year how can he breakout this year ?

The "Oh My" Moment of the Year - Jesse Ventura and Sheamus owning John Cena again last year

·
Registered
919 Posts
Tag Team of the Year -
Hart Dynasty

Daniel Bryan

Shocker of the Year -
actually the one I was most legitimaly shocked about was AJ's elinimation from NXT

Match of the Year -
Taker/HBK (although the acception would be wierd seeing as HBK is gone and taker is buried in some arena somewhere)

wow extreme these days ... urm well has to be the Nexus's first attack

Couple of the Year -
Ted and Maryse has been the only real couple

Punk and whoever that was with him on superstars

Diva of the Year -
Natayla

seriously ? the oh my moment ? well again thats Nexus's attack

Superstar of the Year -
Miz
also
Thought it might have been last year. Anyway 2010 was a horrible year.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
This is the first thread we've had of this with the actual real awards for this year, so here goes with whom I would personally vote for, not who I think will win.

Tag Team of the Year - Santino & Kozlov. Yeah, it's been that bad. I don't care that HD had the belts half the year, I'm not going dignify how awful and boring they were by giving them an award. For most of the year I'd have voted for ShowMiz, but Santino & Kozlov winning the belts paired with their genuinely funny segments with Sheamus put them over the top for me...even if they're not very good. If Dashingly Sinister had stayed together longer than 10 minutes they'd be a shoe-in.

Breakout Star of the Year - Wade Barrett. The fact that despite Barrett's brilliant performances and enormous rookie push you can actually make the case for several other guys is a great sign for WWE. Bryan has been sensational since his return and Del Rio is going to be a huge star as well, but I don't really think you can logically choose anyone other than Barrett here. He's going to be a cornerstone for many years to come.

Shocker of the Year - Debut of Nexus. Biggest swerve WWE has done in a decade. It completely turned the product around in a positive way.

Match of the Year - The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan at Night of Champions. I assume everyone will vote for HBK/Taker (who accepts that award, by the way?), but I actually haven't seen it yet so I can't vote for it. Of the matches I have seen, this match made me mark harder than I have in a very long time, and I wasn't even a big Bryan up to that point. It just told a brilliant story. With Miz and Cole constantly burying Bryan, you couldn't help but root for him.

Extreme Moment of the Year - Orton RKO's Bourne out of the SSP. I'll leave the giggles of voting for Bryan's tie choking up to others and give props to the best spot of the year.

Couple of the Year - Dolph & Vickie. I can't stand Vickie and wouldn't mind if she went away forever, but of all the couple action in WWE this year, their story was the most interesting and the most significant.

Announce Team of the Year - Any announce team involving CM Punk. Anything else has generally been bad.

Diva of the Year - Maryse. I'll give Natalya her due credit for being basically the only good female wrestler in the company. But c'mon, Maryse is not only hot, she's actually entertaining. She even managed to make DiBiase mildly worth sort of paying attention to, which is an accomplishment in itself.

The "Oh My" Moment of the Year - Edge winning the Rumble. And it was a terrible decision.

Superstar of the Year - Chris Jericho. He was, as usual, the highlight of every show he was on.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
How do The Slammy Awards work, exactly? Do we vote on WWE.com or something?

Anyway, here are my predictions (though most are simply what I want to win...):

Tag Team of the Year -
- Tag teams suck nowadays, but Hart Dynasty will probably get it... (leading to another bust up between Tyson and DH Smith.) If not, Nexus.

- Daniel Bryan. Has to be. The guy won a title, Wade Barrett has not.

Shocker of the Year -
- Cena getting "fired"/joining Nexus? They re-capped the shit out of all of it, so it may as well be. (Or Shawn Michaels retiring, yawn.)

Match of the Year -
- Daniel Bryan/Dolph Ziggler at Bragging Rights. (HBK and Taker won it last year for their previous Mania match, let somebody else take the thing...)

- Airbourne RKO.

Couple of the Year -
- Ted and Maryse! They haven't done much, but they look good and they are the "million dollar couple".

- Josh Matthews and anybody.

Diva of the Year -
- Natalya. <3

- Nexus' first huge invasion of Raw when they tore up the ring and attacked everybody. Epic.

Superstar of the Year -
- Either Wade Barrett, Randy Orton or The Miz.

·
Banned
315 Posts
Tag Team of the Year: Motor City Machine Guns

Breakout Star of the Year: Douglas Williams

Shocker of the Year: WWE's most over superstar, Jeff Hardy, shows up on iMPACT!

Match of the Year: Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson, cage match (Lethal Lockdown)

Extreme Moment of the Year: Kurt Angle's steel cage moonsault (Lethal Lockdown)

Couple of the Year: Abyss & "Janice"

Announce Team of the Year: Mike Tenay & Taz

Diva of the Year: Madison Rayne

The "Oh My" Moment of the Year: Abyssamania's runnin' wild!

Superstar of the Year: A.J. Styles

·
Registered
3,651 Posts

and Impact goes on to draw its 0.9 rating the following week..........:side:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Tag Team of the Year - ShowMiz. Won the tag titles and were entertaining

Breakout Star of the Year - Daniel Bryan. Won the US title has defended it regularly and has put on some of the best matches of the year.

Shocker of the Year - Nexus invades RAW. was the shocker of the last few years.

Match of the Year - Taker vs HBK Wrestlemania 26. Even though they did win last year it still was the best match this year.

Extreme Moment of the Year - Bryan choking out Justin Roberts with his own tie. So extreme he actually got fired.

Couple of the Year - Dolph & Vicki. They make a good couple, some interesting stuff happened.

Announce Team of the Year - Cole, Lawler & Striker (Most PPVs). Love this team most of the time, still miss good ol' JR.

Diva of the Year - LayCool. Dominated the whole year. I think they're both smokin hot too, a bit annoying though.

The "Oh My" Moment of the Year - The Miz winning WWE title. It was expected but AWESOME!

Superstar of the Year - Sheamus. Had 2 title reigns, King of the ring, ended HHH's career, had some good matches.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Am the only one who thinks ShowMiz was team of the year? They had some epic promos and decent matches. Much better than the HD.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Tag Team of the Year - Nexus

Breakout Star of the Year - Daniel Bryan

Shocker of the Year - Cena joins Nexus

Match of the Year - Bryav vs Ziggler

Extreme Moment of the Year - Nexus debut

Couple of the Year - Miz and A-Ri

Announce Team of the Year - Matthews and Cole

Diva of the Year - Lay-Cool

The "Oh My" Moment of the Year - Miz cashes in MITB

Superstar of the Year - The Miz

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts

Dude, don't troll here, go away. These are the awards for the important promotion. If you want to do TNA awards, go and make a thread in the TNA section and discuss them with the other 2 people on this site who actually care.

Now that that's out of the way, I'll do my awards.

Tag Team of the Year -

Should be: Don't care. At all.

Will be: Hart Dynasty, then Tyson Kidd will take the award for himself and put over the big guy he's with now, as someone else said.

Should be: Wade Barrett

Will be: Wade Barrett...or Alberto Del Rio. I think Barrett will win, but I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it to Del Rio either. Breakout star for 2010 isn't as clear as it was with Sheamus in 2009, because none of the rookies have won a world championship.

Shocker of the Year - Should be: Nexus destroys Raw, but like I go on to say, it won't win 2 categories.

Will be: I don't know. I guess I'm gonna say.....when we found out Kane was Undertaker's attacker. Obvious as HELL, and not a shocker at all, but of course, in WWE's kayfabed terms, nobody saw it coming, so I imagine it will win.

Match of the Year -

Should be: HBK vs Taker II

Will be: HBK vs Taker II.

Should be: Nexus destroys Raw

Will be: Nexus destroys Raw. Not sure what else you can say. A moment that caught EVERYONE off guard and left a lasting impression. Such an impression that even after numerous championships, this will still stand as one of the defining moments in the careers of Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, Justin Gabriel and anybody else from Nexus. I would give this "Shocker of The Year", but they won't give 2 awards for the same thing and I can't think of any other extreme moments, so I put it here.

Couple of the Year - Who cares

Announce Team of the Year - Who cares

Diva of the Year - Who cares, but it will be LayCool. No doubt.

The "Oh My" Moment of the Year - Should be: Don't care, really.

Will be: Cena joining Nexus.

Superstar of the Year -

Should be: The Miz

Will be: It's between The Miz, Randy Orton and Sheamus. Kane will be a nominee too but I don't think he has a shot, he's an outside chance, especially because he's on SmackDown! and I think they'll want a Raw superstar to win. I assume that John Cena is out of the running because he's been "fired", even though he's getting re-instated next week.

I'm gonna say The Miz will win. Under normal circumstances, I'd say they'd give it to Randy Orton, but, since Miz is currently WWE Champion, at the time the awards take place, it would make much more sense to give it to him and let him cut a big promo plugging that fact as well as the title defense he has coming up, just like Jericho did in 2008. Sheamus has had a much better year than Miz too, like Orton, but he's just KOTR right now, and right now that's not enough to win. He doesn't have the momentum at the moment to be Superstar of The Year. It seems like whoever is WWE Champion when the awards take place is the winner, so I'm going with Miz, and I know Cena wasn't the champ when he won, but he just lost to Sheamus 1 day prior and Sheamus was too new to be SOTY, so yeah.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
Tag Team of the Year - meh.

Breakout Star of the Year - Bryan or Wade

Shocker of the Year - Cena is fired

Match of the Year - Taker/Shawn WM 26

Extreme Moment of the Year - SSP to the RKO

Couple of the Year - Ted and Maryse

Announce Team of the Year - Cole and Lawler <---- this should be interesting given the situation atm.

Diva of the Year - Laycool

The "Oh My" Moment of the Year - SSP to the RKO

Superstar of the Year - Miz

1 - 20 of 26 Posts