Wrestling Forum banner

Slammiversary should be TNA's Wrestlemania?

• Agree

Votes: 32 68.1%
  • Disagree

Votes: 15 31.9%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
Absolutely. It's the anniversary of the company, it should definitely be the major PPV. Never understood why they decided to make BFG the no 1 show.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Agree.

Bound For Glory should basically be TNA's Royal Rumble/King of the Ring. The finals of the BFG series occurs at BFG and the winner goes on to main event Slammiversary for the World Championship.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree.

Bound For Glory should basically be TNA's Royal Rumble/King of the Ring. The finals of the BFG series occurs at BFG and the winner goes on to main event Slammiversary for the World Championship.
Would make much more sense.

There should be 4 ppvs:

-Genesis
-Lockdown
-Bound For Glory
-Slammiversary

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I think the idea was that Slammiversary would always be special on its own because of the anniversary, so they could build up another show. I actually think they haven't always done a good job of making Slammy special though. I know Lockdown became their 2nd biggest show, but I think Slammy should be on the road every year like the other two. I've been a TNA fan since the first show (I ordered the first 3 weekly shows), but I've only ordered Slammy when it's on the road. None of the ones that have been in the IZ seemed like a big enough deal to me, and I only get a couple of PPVs a year. Fair or not, one of the way TNA has delineated between their major and minor PPVs is the major shows are in arenas. I do think they should also show more clips of their history like they used to during the build up to the show though.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Another thing I don't understand why they don't go along in with number the anniversary shows. Some years they'll give a Roman Numeral, so years they won't. This year the logo says Slammiversary X, but all the advertising just says Slammiversary 2012. It's a little thing, but it's always bugged me. Their anniversary should always be numbered IMO.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Would make much more sense.

There should be 4 ppvs:

-Genesis
-Lockdown
-Bound For Glory
-Slammiversary
4 too short imo. 6 would be good, 1 every other month.

feb-victory road
apr-lockdown
june-slammy
august-no mans land (good name imo)
oct-bfg
dec-final resolution.

other months can have live saturday specials. and in july a special x division show like destination x.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I like BFG as their big PPV but I think they should do less PPVs. I also think it would be really beneficial for them to give some PPVs for free on TV. The years of people paying for Wrestling shows every month is over.

They should have these 4 be PPVs-
Lockdown
Slammiversary
BFG
Final Resolution

They should give these away free on TV on Sunday nights-
Victory Road
Destination X
Hardcore Justice
No Surrender

They also should make one of these shows gimmicky like the Royal Rumble, maybe Victory Road.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
TNA should not have a "Wrestlemania" have 6 pay per views all on the road, make all of them feel big

February: Victory Road
April: Lockdown
June: Slammiversary
August: Hardcore Justice
October: Bound for Glory
December:Final Resolution

TV 2Hours Special Satuday Nights

Destination X
Against All Odds

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
It absolutely should be their big one. Slammiversary is unique in many ways and it makes sense to have it as their WM.

·
Registered
11,690 Posts
I 100 percent disagree. BFG would then become useless. The point is you can sell both ppvs as something big. If you make Slam the flagship then BFG could not hold its ground. BFG has that built up as the biggest stories of the year happen start and end. Slam is so easy to just hold its ground based on history. So showing cool old videos and classic matches.

Bad idea

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I'd love them to make Slammy the main PPV, I would also swap Lockdown and BFG around, have BFG act as the Royal Rumble where in some way a guy wins the opportunity to main event the biggest PPV of the year, so he is "Bound For Glory".

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Yes it should be, I've never really understood the logic behind why it isn't. Slammiversary is of course the major anniversary show, whereas Bound for Glory is the "WrestleMania of TNA" simply because they say it is. There's nothing else special about it when you break it down.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts