Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 163 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Thanks for filling me in on all that. So the opening to Slammiversary with the boy and girl saying 'theyre coming' is referenced by Heath's children and is related to him?
That was what I assumed but that could be just about everyone coming in, but the reason there were kids in the other promo were a Heath tease.

That's also why Rhino made this comment last month, because they teamed in WWE around that time. (And even won the SmackDown Tag Team Championships)

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I disagree suspension of disbelief matters. Cause in wrestling it's fake so you have to try your damnest to make what we see look real. And when you have a girl like that beating guys the size of Brian Cage, it makes little sense, it becomes an Adam Sandler movie. Personally it takes me away from the action. There was a match involving Tessa with many contenders there was even Elgin, Moose, etc....And the way they booked it, they tried their damnest for none of these guys to punch her. We could say that was realistic cause one punch by one of them should knock her out. But all it did was make it turn a joke. I thought it was embarrassing to watch. She basically won the match cause all the big guys took themselves out. Impact pushed this stupid shit too far. And in many ways it was a gift the way it ended, no more stupid shit.
If you are willing to suspend your disbelief and accept things like a zombie biker mortician's son who can conjure lightning something that is much less far fetched like a tiny woman winning a fight against a giant man can't be a bridge too far. You've already crossed that line.

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you are willing to suspend your disbelief and accept things like a zombie biker mortician's son who can conjure lightning something that is much less far fetched like a tiny woman winning a fight against a giant man can't be a bridge too far. You've already crossed that line.
You can do whatever special effects shit that you want before a match but it's inside the ring that it counts. I'll give it to the WWF/E, it's that they always made the Taker stuff convincing when it was a match. Wrestling is basically the concept of stimulated fights and looking as badass as you can in a ring and if you can do that then you succeed. But if you do a match when the participants are making their damnest to not touch an opponant(Tessa) then it's embarrassing cause then it's all you think about. I felt ashamed, pitty for her that she was even in this position. It felt like the little brother that you let win when he plays with you and your friends. And when he leaves you're like "alright guys, let's play for real now". That is what is gonna happen to Impact, all the guys will be better for it. Now they'll be able to go full blown.

161 - 163 of 163 Posts